Why is sex and sexual orientation so public?

Arthur Brain

I think those who are "non heterosexual" have followed their inclinations to sin just as heterosexuals do. They have a choice just like I had a choice before I was saved, but I had no real power to do what I knew was the right thing to do. I was a slave to sin whether I wanted to be or not. I would say I couldn't help it....my bodily urges were too strong to resist. Same with them. Sadly, most of them (yes I know the guff I'm going to get), but most of them were molested or belittled as children. They ended up being hurt by men or women in ways that caused them to go where they ultimately ended up.

Well, let's just take it as read that I don't agree that most homosexuals are 'molested' or something into having same sex attractions. Do you think it's possible for a heterosexual to 'choose' a homosexual behaviour?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Question of the day:

Why is sex and sexual orientation so public? Honestly no one cares who/what you are having sex with, no one wants to know nor do they care.

But why does the LGBT group force straight people to hear and condone who they have sex with? Why should we care LGBT? Why do you need our acceptance in order for you to feel good about who you are having sex with? Cant you just be like the rest of us and be committed to someone and keep your sex life between you and that person?

Now I know that I am generalizing but generally this is how the group acts and what their culture pushes on ours. There are some really amazing gay people that I know and work with and I have high respect for them because they do not push their sexuality on anyone and demand they accept it. They are who they are and they are ok with that.

Many gay people are great, but most push their gayness on others and I want to know why something so private as someone's sex life is being pushed on us straight people and we are demanded to accept it? Why do they need the acceptance of straight people in order to feel like what they do is fine?

Im still waiting to see a sexual harrassment case brought against a gay in the workplace, because they want to talk about sex all the time or keep coming onto to straight people.

There is this tranny that works near my husband and they try to flirt with him all the time, and he just goes out of his way to avoid them. He told his supervisor once and they just laughed about it.

If a guy was doing that to a chick there though, shed own the place.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Whether the law allows it or not, it will happen. It's always happened. Some before birth and some after birth. It's a horrible thing that no law can stop.

you may as well say the same thing for pedophilia

Uphold how? By voting for it? How else does one "uphold" a law? Once it's there, it stands there as a law.

yes, by voting for it

and by arguing against voting against it

Whether a bad law of a good law, it's a law. I'm not sure how one can respect a law.

there are laws against pedophilia

do you respect them?

do you respect their intent?

I can agree with that. The law used to say that blacks had to ride in the back of the bus and society was split on the issue, I imagine.

was this an example of a just law or an unjust law?

True, and the law used to say women can't vote.

Certainly most women thought that was wrong.

were they right?

Well, I think you're giving the law power it doesn't have.

then why have laws at all?

why not just decriminalize prostitution, drug use, pedophilia?

Let's use God's law as an example. There is a law that says man should not covet. The minute a man hears that, his mind begins to yearn after what he's not supposed to covet.

you think that's the way it works? :freak:

you think that's the way it's supposed to work?

do you think that having laws against pedophilia act to increase man's propensity to engage in pedophilia?

Every legal system is, isn't it?

some more than others, glory

ours used to recognize immorality and perversion

it no longer does

Unlike you, I'm not obsessed with Town.

unlike your claim, i'm not either

What I have read, I like.

you like the fact that he supports the current supreme court decision legalizing gay marriage?

He's really clear about what is his personal opinion....what he does in him own life, and what is his legal opinion. If anything, I think you're the one who confuses the personal with the legal.

why on earth wouldn't a Christian use his personal experience with Christ to inform his public choices in policy and law?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Question of the day:

What are you talking about? Unless somebody has a defect like being a eunuch, you can see they are a man or woman by looking at them. And last I checked, intercourse in public isn't legal yet, anywhere. Not even California.

glorydaz

Im still waiting to see a sexual harrassment case brought against a gay in the workplace, because they want to talk about sex all the time or keep coming onto to straight people.

There is this tranny that works near my husband and they try to flirt with him all the time, and he just goes out of his way to avoid them. He told his supervisor once and they just laughed about it.

This is so true. I feel sorry for the men who have to face the blatant sexual harassment coming from gay guys. If they smack them upside the head they get arrested. I think the only hope is for the guy's wife to pick up her biggest rolling pin and claim she was defending her honor.

glorydaz

you may as well say the same thing for pedophilia

yes, by voting for it

and by arguing against voting against it

there are laws against pedophilia

do you respect them?

do you respect their intent?

were they right?

then why have laws at all?

why not just decriminalize prostitution, drug use, pedophilia?

you think that's the way it works? :freak:

you think that's the way it's supposed to work?

do you think that having laws against pedophilia act to increase man's propensity to engage in pedophilia?

some more than others, glory

ours used to recognize immorality and perversion

it no longer does

unlike your claim, i'm not either

you like the fact that he supports the current supreme court decision legalizing gay marriage?

why on earth wouldn't a Christian use his personal experience with Christ to inform his public choices in policy and law?

If you think you're making any kind of sense, you're wrong. You're turning into a blithering idiot. Better just confront that monster within and get it over with. It's big, hairy and full of pride....and it's green. Kinda like the incredible Hulk but one that's gone over to the dark side.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
If you think you're making any kind of sense, you're wrong. You're turning into a blithering idiot. Better just confront that monster within and get it over with. It's big, hairy and full of pride....and it's green. Kinda like the incredible Hulk but one that's gone over to the dark side.

you're funny

did you eat something spicy and get all gassy?

alwight

you'll be advocating tolerance for pedophliia before you know it, just as soon as they sell you and all the rest of the retards the lie that it doesn't harm anyone and that you're infringing on their "rights"
I already do advocate tolerance of paedophiles, but not if they try to put their desires into practice.
I wouldn't ever advocate anything where there are unwilling, non consenting victims.

jzeidler

This is so true. I feel sorry for the men who have to face the blatant sexual harassment coming from gay guys. If they smack them upside the head they get arrested. I think the only hope is for the guy's wife to pick up her biggest rolling pin and claim she was defending her honor.

If you are joking about this you are seriously distasteful. Sexual harassment in general is something serious and unwanted.

For instance, yesterday at work I had a gay person say outright that he wouldn't mind getting a blow job from me but that he wouldn't want my beard to scratch him and that he didn't give a F@&% that I was married.

No one needs that from anyone and this wife who's post you commented on has a right to be pissed off that her husband is receiving that crap from trannies!

Next time you want to make a joke pick a different topic!

jzeidler

That sucks. I know how he feels, I've had unwanted comments at me too. It's annoying and upsetting.

bybee

I already do advocate tolerance of paedophiles, but not if they try to put their desires into practice.
I wouldn't ever advocate anything where there are unwilling, non consenting victims.

We also must beware of creating and/or allowing an environment to exist that seems to condone sexual behavior between children and adults. It is like putting a lobster into a pot of cold water and then turning up the heat. It is too late to escape.

PureX

We also must beware of creating and/or allowing an environment to exist that seems to condone sexual behavior between children and adults.
First, we don't have much control over that. We can make laws, and we can enforce them, but if the general public were to choose to disregard them, en masse, there isn't much anyone can do about that. I mention this because many of the morality zealots around here want to enforce social mores that the general public do not accept or support. And they are forever trying to get laws passed to force these on everyone else. But they don't realize that even if they get their laws passed, that isn't going to change the public's mind, heart, or behavior. So their desire to control everyone else is just a self-centered nuisance, and a waste of everyone's time and energy.

Secondly, I see no evidence that would suggest that what you are worried about will happen. The line that we as a society are not willing to cross is the line involving informed consent. No one is even suggesting that we cross or blur that line. And it's unfortunate that the morality zealots keep insisting on wrongly conflating the individual freedom of informed adults with crossing that line and disregarding the laws against uninformed consent. THEY are the only ones even bringing that idea up. No one else is or intends to.

Quetzal

Secondly, I see no evidence that would suggest that what you are worried about will happen. The line that we as a society are not willing to cross is the line involving informed consent. No one is even suggesting that we cross or blur that line. And it's unfortunate that the morality zealots keep insisting on wrongly conflating the individual freedom of informed adults with crossing that line and disregarding the laws against uninformed consent. THEY are the only ones even bringing that idea up. No one else is or intends to.
This is important and why I do not take the ever present slippery slope fallacy in this discussion seriously. It only exists in the minds of those who use it, not out of genuine concern but, to push a position in a separate argument all together.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

How many are they? You went from "this tranny" to "they try to flirt with him."

If I had a nickel for every time a man flirted with a woman or a woman flirted with a man I'd be a billionaire. I think it's safe to say that gay or transgender flirting will never catch up to those numbers.

Granite

Hall of Fame

If I had a nickel for every time a man flirted with a woman or a woman flirted with a man I'd be a billionaire. I think it's safe to say that gay or transgender flirting will never catch up to those numbers.

I've heard homophobes described before as "men horrified at being treated the way they treat women.":chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
This is important and why I do not take the ever present slippery slope fallacy in this discussion seriously. It only exists in the minds of those who use it, not out of genuine concern but, to push a position in a separate argument all together.

Agreed. The dire warning that after legalized same sex marriage there's nowhere else to go but legalized pedophilia is used as a way to shift the focus of the discussion.

jzeidler

The reason why men flirting with women and women flirting with men is so common is because it's normal to be attached to the opposite gender.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
That sucks. I know how he feels, I've had unwanted comments at me too. It's annoying and upsetting.

Women have had to deal with this kind of thing since the beginning of time. But I don't hate all men because they've harmlessly flirted with me, or that some of them crossed the line into workplace harassment and several have done things for which they could have been prosecuted. I know all men aren't like that, only some of them, and that's true of any group of people.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Then let's make sure nobody but nobody's allowed PDAs or even weddings or Valentine's Day baubles. We straights shouldn't be pushing our sex lives on anyone.

straight people don't push our sex lives on the gays. it's called pro-creation, a novel concept that ensures the propagation of mankind