Why is sex and sexual orientation so public?

glorydaz

What if the guy in the g-string is straight? Makes your entire argument invalid because he isn't doing it because he is gay. Public indecency has no bearing on the homosexual argument, it is also off topic and a strawman at best.

Hmmm....do you have any examples of straight guys parading down the street with G-strings on? (No, I don't want to see any examples if you have them). I just haven't heard of that happening.

But let's bring it down a notch from public indecency. I'll try and be honest here. When I'm out in public with my kids (grandkids now) and I see a man and a woman kissing, I'm not bothered at all. Not true, though, when I see two men kissing. It embarrasses me and my kids are wondering what the heck is going on. It's simply wrong....I know it and, to be honest, I firmly believe the men know it, too. It's not like I don't know plenty of homosexuals. I do. Admittedly, most do keep their private lives private, and don't force their proclivities on others. Those who do, have an agenda, and it isn't innocent or good to look upon.

Huckleberry

If that is the case, I do not see the data or sources to support the statement. Let's see an widespread, majority example of the LGBT community being aggressive and thrusting their sexuality on people. This cannot include vocal minorities because they do not represent the community as a whole. But before you do that, you have define that is means to be aggressive in this context. Further, you have to define examples of what "thrusting sexuality" means. None of this has been done so the OP holds absolutely zero weight outside of a personal observation.

So your answer to the OP is something like, "There's no data that it (whatever exactly "it" means) is widespread and systemic among LGBT, therefore it's just your personal observation."

Quetzal

Hmmm....do you have any examples of straight guys parading down the street with G-strings on? (No, I don't want to see any examples if you have them). I just haven't heard of that happening.

But let's bring it down a notch from public indecency. I'll try and be honest here. When I'm out in public with my kids (grandkids now) and I see a man and a woman kissing, I'm not bothered at all. Not true, though, when I see two men kissing. It embarrasses me and my kids are wondering what the heck is going on. It's simply wrong....I know it and, to be honest, I firmly believe the men know it, too. It's not like I don't know plenty of homosexuals. I do. Admittedly, most do keep their private lives private, and don't force their proclivities on others. Those who do, have an agenda, and it isn't innocent or good to look upon.
I understand your perspective. Thank you for sharing, but we will disagree this time. I don't see a problem with it and you do. It is what it is. :e4e: Is there anything else you wanted to talk about? If not, no big deal. Look forward to the next one.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It isn't supporting evil to know what it means to uphold the law.

the law allows for women to murder their unborn children

is it evil to uphold that law?

You'll need to go farther back than Town to those who made the laws in this country to begin with, and those who amended the laws. If what the court has decided is within the law then it's right under the law.

and if the court decides that evil is good and good is evil, then it's bad law and not deserving of respect

Anyway, do you actually think a law, corrupt or otherwise, can make people righteous?

i know that the law used to say that abortion was wrong

and society knew that it was wrong

i know that the law used to say that homosexuality was wrong

God's law doesn't even do that. Your argument isn't with Town at all, it's with your misunderstanding of what the law can and cannot do.

i think that the law can be just and moral

i think that our current legal process is twisted and corrupt

:think:

do you ever hear town arguing that position?

in fact, do you ever see town actually addressing this stuff himself, or do you just see him hiding behind the skirts of women?

Quetzal

So your answer to the OP is something like, "There's no data that it (whatever exactly "it" means) is widespread and systemic among LGBT, therefore it's just your personal observation."
I suppose my hesitation with the OP is that what the OP is seeing is a minority. I don't think it would be fair to take extreme examples and apply them to the entire group. That's all.

Arthur Brain

So two men kissing are forcing their proclivities on others by doing so in public? There's some people who think ALL forms of affection should be private because of personal embarrassment so where's the line?

alwight

Why would you call it mindless?
There are legitimate reasons I do not support homo activity.
Fundamentalists for example typically mindlessly adhere to a written doctrine meaning that homosexuality is an abomination for them only because an ancient scripture seems to suggest it to them, not because they have any rational modern day human reasoning to persecute gays.
Otoh clearly some people just are mindlessly bigoted whatever their religion happens to be. If others refuse to distance themselves from such people then for me they too are mindless bigots.

Btw I don't support homosexuality myself, I advocate tolerance, since when I was young I too was homophobically bigoted, but to fair to myself so was society back then.

glorydaz

So two men kissing are forcing their proclivities on others by doing so in public? There's some people who think ALL forms of affection should be private because of personal embarrassment so where's the line?

I'd have to say right there between right and wrong according to the conscience God gave all men....before that conscience gets seared beyond recognition.

Maybe if all us old God fearing ladies got together we could make you a little list. :chuckle:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Btw I don't support homosexuality myself, I advocate tolerance...

you'll be advocating tolerance for pedophliia before you know it, just as soon as they sell you and all the rest of the retards the lie that it doesn't harm anyone and that you're infringing on their "rights"

Arthur Brain

I'd have to say right there between right and wrong according to the conscience God gave all men....before that conscience gets seared beyond recognition.

Maybe if all us old God fearing ladies got together we could make you a little list. :chuckle:

But just how subjective would that list be? Are you presuming all people who are non heterosexual are behaving so by choice? If so, how?

glorydaz

the law allows for women to murder their unborn children

Whether the law allows it or not, it will happen. It's always happened. Some before birth and some after birth. It's a horrible thing that no law can stop.

is it evil to uphold that law?

Uphold how? By voting for it? How else does one "uphold" a law? Once it's there, it stands there as a law.

and if the court decides that evil is good and good is evil, then it's bad law and not deserving of respect

Whether a bad law of a good law, it's a law. I'm not sure how one can respect a law.

i know that the law used to say that abortion was wrong

I can agree with that. The law used to say that blacks had to ride in the back of the bus and society was split on the issue, I imagine.

i know that the law used to say that homosexuality was wrong

True, and the law used to say women can't vote.

Certainly most women thought that was wrong.

i think that the law can be just and moral

Well, I think you're giving the law power it doesn't have. Let's use God's law as an example. There is a law that says man should not covet. The minute a man hears that, his mind begins to yearn after what he's not supposed to covet. That's the very purpose of the law. It certainly isn't there to make men holy, or to justify men before God, or to give men life. It can only condemn and find man guilty.

i think that our current legal process is twisted and corrupt

:think:

Every legal system is, isn't it?

do you ever hear town arguing that position?

in fact, do you ever see town actually addressing this stuff himself, or do you just see him hiding behind the skirts of women?

Unlike you, I'm not obsessed with Town. What I have read, I like. He's really clear about what is his personal opinion....what he does in him own life, and what is his legal opinion. If anything, I think you're the one who confuses the personal with the legal.

glorydaz

But just how subjective would that list be? Are you presuming all people who are non heterosexual are behaving so by choice? If so, how?

I think those who are "non heterosexual" have followed their inclinations to sin just as heterosexuals do. They have a choice just like I had a choice before I was saved, but I had no real power to do what I knew was the right thing to do. I was a slave to sin whether I wanted to be or not. I would say I couldn't help it....my bodily urges were too strong to resist. Same with them. Sadly, most of them (yes I know the guff I'm going to get), but most of them were molested or belittled as children. They ended up being hurt by men or women in ways that caused them to go where they ultimately ended up.