Why Homosexuality MUST Be Recriminalized! Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally done by aCultureWarrior
BTW, are you going to link the article that stated cities like St. Louie, Nu Awlins, Nu Yawk and your beloved Provincetown were "thriving homosexual communities" back in the 1940's and 50's?

You'll have to check with American history, and with Tennessee Williams' bio. But really, it's just common knowledge.

Gay communities thrived in the 1920s and into the '30s and '40s, but FDR did send the vice squads in. So after WWII there was a backlash: Cannot recall the title of the book I read about it, but here is an article:

For a brief but wild time in the twenties and thirties, an openly gay culture thrived in Chicago—a period historians call the “Pansy Craze.” Nightclubs and cabarets drew crowds of homosexuals, lesbians, and voyeurs

Nightclubs and cabarets where drag queens run amuck and chickenhawks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_(gay_slang

give drugs to underage boys so that they'll have sex with them is considered a "community" in the LGBTQueer world?

(And here I thought a "community" was where people raised families, went to church, ran legitimate businesses and contributed to society).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did fags assume aids was fatal when it wasn't?

Say what?

aids-memorial-quilt-in-washington-dc.jpg

GFR7

Quote: Originally done by aCultureWarrior
BTW, are you going to link the article that stated cities like St. Louie, Nu Awlins, Nu Yawk and your beloved Provincetown were "thriving homosexual communities" back in the 1940's and 50's?

Nightclubs and cabarets where drag queens run amuck and chickenhawks
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickenhawk_(gay_slang

give drugs to underage boys so that they'll have sex with them is considered a "community" in the LGBTQueer world?

(And here I thought a "community" was where people raised families, went to church, ran legitimate businesses and contributed to society).

Please respond to this part of my above post:

FYI:I based my prediction regarding the collapse of the culture of celebrating all things gay on the historical theory of Howe and Strauss: According to them, our current culture is poised to travel the same historical trajectory within the saeculum which the Great Depression and WW II brought in. You were naughty indeed to laugh at it. And it offers more hope than your theory.

The Gay ‘30S

For a brief but wild time in the twenties and thirties, an openly gay culture thrived in Chicago—a period historians call the “Pansy Craze.” Nightclubs and cabarets drew crowds of homosexuals, lesbians, and voyeurs—among them, sociologists who dutifully recorded the proceedings. Recently rediscovered recollections from that era have landed the city in the forefront of the small but popular field of gay historical research.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please respond to this part of my above post:

What's to respond to? A perverted subculture during a brief time in the early 1900's were able to run some nightclubs and cabarets in large cities (most likely due to paying off politicians) before vice squads were created and shut them down due to the sexual perversion and drugs that ran rampant.

You made my point for me:

It was the force of law (vice squads) that put a stop to these perverts, it wasn't some "passing fad".

GFR7

What's to respond to? A perverted subculture during a brief time in the early 1900's were able to run some nightclubs and cabarets in large cities (most likely due to paying off politicians) before vice squads were created and shut them down due to the sexual perversion and drugs that ran rampant.

It was the force of law (vice squads) that put a stop to these perverts, it wasn't some "passing fad".
And Howe and Strauss' theory about the saeculum of history? Are we so positioned now ?:think:

And: If you are familiar with the works of Howe and Strauss, the causation is not as simple as mere force of law, suddenly moving in. Why it moved in, after a period of tolerance (the same thing happened in Germany, but the preceding period of tolerance was longer) is actually a complex question. It was the force of law combined with the passing of a generational constellation, global war, and economic downturn that subdued this culture.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

And Howe and Strauss' theory about the saeculum of history? Are we so positioned now ?

And: It was the force of law combined with the passing of a generational constellation, global war, and economic downturn that subdued this culture.

The force of law temporarily subdued the LGBTQueer movement and culture:

And then they got organized and redefined invaluable institutions

gay_marriage.jpg

and began 'investing' in future generations of perverts by indoctrinating children.

glsen_school_bus.jpg

Passing fad? Hardly (hence the reason GFR7 received the "He tries SO hard!" award because he attempts to downplay the seriousness of the LGBTQueer movement and it's agenda).

GFR7

Quote:

The force of law temporarily subdued the LGBTQueer movement and culture:

And then they got organized and redefined invaluable institutions

gay_marriage.jpg

and began 'investing' in future generations of perverts by indoctrinating children.

glsen_school_bus.jpg

Passing fad? Hardly (hence the reason GFR7 received the "He tries SO hard!" award because he attempts to downplay the seriousness of the LGBTQueer movement and it's agenda).
I never downplayed the seriousness.

What I have tried to do is to place my hope in the complex theory of Howe and Strauss' saeculum of history. It is based on generational constellations, economic downturns, and global wars.

That there could be downturns and quiet periods is hopeful enough.

PS:

images

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

I never downplayed the seriousness.

What I have tried to do is to place my hope in the complex theory of Howe and Strauss' saeculum of history. It is based on generational constellations, economic downturns, and global wars.

That there could be downturns and quiet periods is hopeful enough.

PS: ...

I'll continue to place my faith in God and follow His instructions as written in Holy Scripture on how to go about defeating evil.

One of the beautiful things about His Word is that there in nothing complex about it (and it's definitely not a "theory").

drbrumley

I'll continue to place my faith in God and follow His instructions as written in Holy Scripture on how to go about defeating evil.

One of the beautiful things about His Word is that there in nothing complex about it.

And that's why you deserve the "He tries SO hard!" award. Trusting in your own deeds instead of our Father's.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:

One of the beautiful things about His Word is that there in nothing complex about it.

And that's why you deserve the "He tries SO hard!" award. Trusting in your own deeds instead of our Father's.

Yet you vote for men and women running for political offices. Why is that?

drbrumley

Quote:

Yet you vote for men and women running for political offices. Why is that?

Where did you get that from?

drbrumley

Since you go ga ga over Libertarians like Ron and Rand Paul, I assume that you vote for them.

Are you an anarchist who doesn't believe in the God ordained institution of government and what He expects of from it?

I believe there is some government. Not the tyrannical you prefer.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I voted in the primaries. In the Federal election of 12, no I didn't since both were liberals.

Did your ballot not give you an opportunity to vote for a third party candidate, i.e. a Libertarian?

(So much for drbrumley's earlier statement where he said:

Thanks for stopping by Doc.

GFR7

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

One of the beautiful things about His Word is that there in nothing complex about it (and it's definitely not a "theory").
Wrong on both counts, my lord. You sorely disappoint me.

#1: That's not true, that God's ways are simple:

On the contrary: The ways of the Lord are mysterious and inscrutable.

Romans 11:33

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

#2: And we know that the social order is supposed to get much worse, not better, before the Revelation is fulfilled.:

DOES THE BELOW SOUND LIKE A SOCIAL ORDER WHICH HAS RECRIMINALIZED ANYTHING????????????????

And he cried with a mighty voice, saying, Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, and is become a habitation of demons, and a hold of every unclean spirit, and a hold of every unclean and hateful bird. ... Go out of her my people, that you become not partakers in her sins!

REVELATION 18

1After this I saw another angel coming down from heaven. He had great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his splendor. 2With a mighty voice he shouted:

“ ‘Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great!’a
She has become a dwelling for demons
and a haunt for every impure spirit,
a haunt for every unclean bird,
a haunt for every unclean and detestable animal.
3For all the nations have drunk
the maddening wine of her adulteries.
The kings of the earth committed adultery with her,
and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

4Then I heard another voice from heaven say:

“ ‘Come out of her, my people,’b
so that you will not share in her sins,
so that you will not receive any of her plagues;
5for her sins are piled up to heaven,
and God has remembered her crimes.
6Give back to her as she has given;
pay her back double for what she has done.
Pour her a double portion from her own cup.
7Give her as much torment and grief
as the glory and luxury she gave herself.
In her heart she boasts,
‘I sit enthroned as queen.
I am not a widow;c
I will never mourn.’
8Therefore in one day her plagues will overtake her:
death, mourning and famine.
She will be consumed by fire,
for mighty is the Lord God who judges her.

9“When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry:

“ ‘Woe! Woe to you, great city,
you mighty city of Babylon!
In one hour your doom has come!’
11“The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes anymore— 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and human beings sold as slaves.

14“They will say, ‘The fruit you longed for is gone from you. All your luxury and splendor have vanished, never to be recovered.’ 15The merchants who sold these things and gained their wealth from her will stand far off, terrified at her torment. They will weep and mourn 16and cry out:

dressed in fine linen, purple and scarlet,
and glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls!
17In one hour such great wealth has been brought to ruin!’
“Every sea captain, and all who travel by ship, the sailors, and all who earn their living from the sea, will stand far off. 18When they see the smoke of her burning, they will exclaim, ‘Was there ever a city like this great city?’ 19They will throw dust on their heads, and with weeping and mourning cry out:

where all who had ships on the sea
became rich through her wealth!
In one hour she has been brought to ruin!’
20“Rejoice over her, you heavens!
Rejoice, you people of God!
Rejoice, apostles and prophets!
For God has judged her
with the judgment she imposed on you.”
The Finality of Babylon’s Doom

21Then a mighty angel picked up a boulder the size of a large millstone and threw it into the sea, and said:

“With such violence
the great city of Babylon will be thrown down,
never to be found again.
22The music of harpists and musicians, pipers and trumpeters,
will never be heard in you again.
No worker of any trade
will ever be found in you again.
The sound of a millstone
23The light of a lamp
will never shine in you again.
The voice of bridegroom and bride
Your merchants were the world’s important people.
By your magic spell all the nations were led astray.
24In her was found the blood of prophets and of God’s holy people,
of all who have been slaughtered on the earth.”

Status
Not open for further replies.