ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

SaulToPaul 2

Unbelievers stumble over the words of Christ.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

LA

Why won't you cast the demon from john w?

Levolor

Hi Levolor, I respect and admire you very much, not because of doctrine but because of your gentile and encouraging spirit. It is above obvious to me that you of us all are full of the Holy Spirit. Tell me, do you speak in tongues? I have long believed that tongues have ceased, being not needed as the Gospel spread into the Greek speaking world ~ but I know Spirit-filled Christians who have what they call a "prayer language." This makes no sense to me, as Paul writes, it is better to speak one word plainly than 10 incomprehensible (or something along those lines). Yet they do and seem very sincere about it. To me, however, it sounds like gibberish and borders on just plain scary.

As far as I am aware I do not 'speak' in tongues... meaning have had the words I speak come out as a foreign language to another who does not know/speak English. There are two people I know who have told me of this occurring to them. (These individuals don't know each other either.) The reason they knew about it is because of their companions telling them.

Then there are those who speak in tongues and are speaking without understanding for the most part. These might be the ones who sound like gibberish and borders on scary? Even so, if it is from God, I cannot disparage it.

I tend to be like St. Paul in that I would rather speak with understanding.

Yet in the church I had rather speak five words with my understanding, that by my voice I might teach others also, than ten thousand words in an unknown tongue. 1 Corinthians 14:19

There really is no reason for me to speak in tongues in this respect because when I first asked God about it, questioning if it was from Him, it came. The interesting thing is that when I did, lol, I knew what was being spoken, since before my face was a typewritten page I could read. Of course, no one else could see the page. I no longer have this, but am aware of what is being said nonetheless. Not to brag upon myself, but on God for all good gifts come down from the Father of Lights, I easily receive and can easily speak.

Now, this doesn't mean that I totally do without tongues. There are times while praying that I run out of 'my' words to say, yet there is still the passion within me for what is being prayed for and I will just slide into tongues naturally and continue on with the prayer. Even when the prayer is silent, which I find interesting. Maybe these prayers are part of the groanings mentioned in scripture?

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

It is said, and I do believe it, that the devil cannot understand these words. So, :) Praise God!

Thank you, Thomas, for your very kind words. I am humbled by them. Bless you; God bless you.

DAN P

So what is the mystery you speak of?

LA

Hi and I left for a couple of days and am just trying to catch up !

The MYSTERY is only given to SAUL / PAUL IN rOM 16:25 !

#1 , found in Eph 3:9 !

#2 , Found in Col 1:26 !

#3 , Found in Eph 3:5

And includes Eph 1:9 Having made known unto to us THE MYSTERY of His WILL !

Eph 3:3 ,, He made known unto me the MYSTERY !

EPH 3:4 , Ye MAY UNDERSTAND my knowledge in THE MYSTERY of Christ !

Eph 6:19 , To make known the MYSTERY of the Gospel !

Col 4:3 , To speak THE MYSTERY of Christ , for which I am in bonds !
1 Tim 3:9 , Holding THE MYSTERY of the faith in a pure conscience !

God Himself gave this Gospel to Paul in Gal 1:11-12 and the 12 apostles NEVER preached the MYSTERY !!

DAN P

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
I once went to an assembly of god church to investigate this tongue speaking.

On the way there I prayed and ask God to have somebody speak in them and to show me what he had to say to their assembly.

I also asked him not to count me as one of them as he knew I wasn't.

During a song this lady started singing in sumpthin' that sounded like swaheelee.

Then she interpreted and this is what she said.......

"I've sent my son to you why dont you come to him? Why not? Why not?"

Well, then the preacher preached a sermon that had nothing to do with coming to Christ, nor was he even mentioned.

At the end of the service it was apparent that this didn't happen every week.

People were flocking and praising her to the point that she stood at the door with the preacher.

So I walked up to her and asked her why God asked their congregation why they hadn't come to Jesus.

With fire in her eyes and venom on her tongue she looked at me and said,"why dont you pray about it and find out?"

Interesting......:think:

Like all them folks were so gung ho that somebody spoke in an unknown tongue, they completely missed the warning.

I have 2 more stories that are even worse.

However my closest brother in Christ speaks in tongues and has never done it in front of me.

He and I have discussed it and he ultimately says it is for the unbeliever in him.

Kinda like what Levelor is saying, the Holy Spirit pickin' up the slack.

I have no need to speak in tongues as the Lord knows what each of us needs.

:)

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and I left for a couple of days and am just trying to catch up !

The MYSTERY is only given to SAUL / PAUL IN rOM 16:25 !

#1 , found in Eph 3:9 !

#2 , Found in Col 1:26 !

#3 , Found in Eph 3:5

And includes Eph 1:9 Having made known unto to us THE MYSTERY of His WILL !

Eph 3:3 ,, He made known unto me the MYSTERY !

EPH 3:4 , Ye MAY UNDERSTAND my knowledge in THE MYSTERY of Christ !

Eph 6:19 , To make known the MYSTERY of the Gospel !

Col 4:3 , To speak THE MYSTERY of Christ , for which I am in bonds !
1 Tim 3:9 , Holding THE MYSTERY of the faith in a pure conscience !

God Himself gave this Gospel to Paul in Gal 1:11-12 and the 12 apostles NEVER preached the MYSTERY !!

DAN P

The mystery is fellowshipping with Christ via the Holy Spirit.

The Apostles preached it plenty.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Hi and just have a verse where the 12 apostles preached it PLENTY !!

DAN P

2 Peter 3

14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest , as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before , beware lest ye also , being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever *. Amen.

This is written to those who had repented and received the Holy Spirit.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Absolutely! Is this not what "striving to enter in" is all about? Dying to self? Overcoming in this life the issue/subjection to of "vanity" that follows us as the air we breath? I think so __ I know so.

Yes, this is close.

However as the old man dies the new man grows.

Like Paul said, he died daily.

But if you would be perfect, walk unto where you have attained.

Strive to apprehend that by which you have been apprehended.

Word based mystic

That which is born of God does not sin.

1 john 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God

finish the rest of the scripture.

the spirit man/Gods seed is born again and indestructible. cannot sin
that which is birthed of God cannot sin

first part (no one) full person= body, soul and spirit. body and soul will not (continue) to sin.

break it down.

ephesians 2:6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

this is only possible if our spirit/born again/incorruptible seed is in heaven.
some would say that is an symbolic.
maybe but it does not infer that.

so that which is born incorruptible = spirit/born again/seed (((does not sin))).

our soul still is being sanctified The Holy Spirit is finishing what he started in us. This is how we overcome.

ephesians 3:16-19 shows growth and comprehension of experiencing Gods love (so that we may be filled with all the fullness of God)

Man’s sin does occasion the manifestation of grace. But we are not to continue the life characterized by sin

1 john 2:1 But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ the Righteous One.

OCTOBER23

GLOSSOLALIA FOR THE WORLD

Incomprehensible speech in an imaginary language,
sometimes occurring in a trance state,
an episode of religious ecstasy,
or schizophrenia.

Word based mystic

GLOSSOLALIA FOR THE WORLD

Incomprehensible speech in an imaginary language,
sometimes occurring in a trance state,
an episode of religious ecstasy,
or schizophrenia.

i know many christians from many denominations over the last 35 years

and whether it is my wife or myself those non gift believing believers when in desperate need of prayer or are in need of praying for someone they believe has demonic influence, end up coming to myself or my wife.

they don't go to the church people that dont believe God heals or casts out demons.

i pray in private in tongues for my own edification and have not been nudged to do public expressions for it.
but i have also seen indigenous people hear in their own language when some of us has preached the gospel.
so.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
1 john 3:9 No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God

the spirit man/Gods seed is born again and indestructible. cannot sin

that which is birthed of God cannot sin

first part (no one) full person= body, soul and spirit. body and soul will not (continue) to sin.

break it down.

ephesians 2:6 and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,

this is only possible if our spirit/born again/incorruptible seed is in heaven.

some would say that is an symbolic.

maybe but it does not infer that.

so that which is born incorruptible = spirit/born again/seed (((does not sin))).

our soul still is being sanctified The Holy Spirit is finishing what he started in us. This is how we overcome.

ephesians 3:16-19 shows growth and comprehension of experiencing Gods love (so that we may be filled with all the fullness of God)

Man’s sin does occasion the manifestation of grace. But we are not to continue the life characterized by sin

1 john 2:1 But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. My little children, I am writing you these things so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father--Jesus Christ the Righteous One.

Maybe not quite this way. ^^^

The newborn human spirit does not sin and cannot sin.

Therefore any sin committed by the saint is only done via the flesh.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Maybe not quite this way. ^^^

The newborn human spirit does not sin and cannot sin.

Therefore any sin committed by the saint is only done via the flesh.

True also.

Yet Paul caused the Corinthians to repent of their sins in godly sorrow.

2 Corinthians 7:10 KJV

10 For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.

kayaker

You proffer an INaccurate rendition from 1John 3:9 NIV, drastically contrasted with the 1John 3:9 KJV. You need a KJV Bible on this verse:

1John 3:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, KJV “Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not (Jesus).

2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be (upon Jesus’ second advent); but when he (Jesus) shall appear (second advent), we shall be (futuristic) like him (Jesus); for we shall see him (Jesus) as he is (at His second advent). (We are the children of God in the flesh. We become the sons of God upon Jesus’ second advent.)

3) And every man that hath this HOPE (of His second advent to become sons of God) in him (Jesus) purifieth himself (purified via hope IN His second advent), even as he is pure (Jesus, even upon His second advent). (Charismatic don’t need HOPE, they allegedly already have everything in the flesh, Matthew 24:48, 49, 50, 51, 9, 10, 11, 23, 24, 25, 26)

4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law (Jesus speaking to His detractors in John 8:34 KJV, NOT His believers: John 8:30 KJV, John 8:31 KJV, John 8:32 KJV) for sin (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10, John 8:37 KJV, Acts 7:51, 52, 53) is the transgression of the law (Genesis 4:7 KJV, John 11:49, 50, 51, 52, 53, John 18:31 KJV, Matthew 27:23, 24, 25).

5) And ye know that he (Jesus) was manifested to take away our sins; and in him (JESUS) IS NO SIN. (do charismatics sin? 1John 1:7 KJV, 1John 1:8 KJV, 1John 1:9 KJV, 1John 1:10 KJV).

6) Whosoever abideth in him (Jesus) sinneth not (sin in the context of these verses, Genesis 3:8, 9, 10): whosoever sinneth (Jesus’ detractors, Matthew 27:22, 23, 24, 25, John 8:34, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:44 KJV, John 11:49, 50, 51, 52, John 18:24, John 19:6, John 18:29, 30, 31) hath not seen him (Jesus), neither known him (John 8:14 KJV, John 8:21,23, 24, 25, 26, 27)

7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he (Jesus) that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Jesus) is righteous.

8) He that committeth sin (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10, John 8:34 KJV, John 8:37 KJV) is of the devil (Genesis 3:15, 4:25 KJV, Matthew 13:37, 38, 39, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV); for the devil sinneth from the beginning (Genesis 3:4, 5, 14, 15, John 8:44 KJV). For this purpose the Son of God (Jesus) was manifested (77th arrival generation prophesied by Cain’s great… grandson Lamech in Genesis 4:24 KJV, count from God is generation #1 beginning in Luke 3:38), that he (Jesus) might destroy the works of the devil (spiritual death, Genesis 3:4 KJV).

9) Whosoever is born of God (Jesus) doth not commit sin; for his seed (Jesus’ seed) remaineth in him (Jesus sired no physical children): and he (Jesus) cannot sin, because he (Jesus) is born of God (John 1:14, 18, 3:16, 18).

10) In this (aforementioned verse) the children of God (by adoption, Romans 6:3, 4, 5, Galatians 3:27, 28, 29) are manifest, and the children of the devil (Matthew 13:37 KJV, Matthew 13:38 KJV, Matthew 13:39 KJV, Matthew 23:33, Matthew 23:34 KJV, Matthew 23:35 who killed Abel?, Genesis 3:14, 15, 4:25, John 8:44 KJV): whosoever doeth not righteousness (Genesis 3:8, 9, 10, John 8:37 KJV, John 11:49, 50, 51, 52, 53) is not of God (Matthew 13:37, Matthew 13:38 KJV, Matthew 13:39 KJV, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV), neither he (Cain) that loveth not his brother (Abel, Genesis 4:8, 9, 10).

11) For this (aforementioned) was the message that ye heard from the beginning (Genesis 4:7 KJV, Genesis 4:15 KJV), that we (adopted children) should love one another.

12) Not as Cain (referred to in v. 10, above), who WAS OF THAT WICKED ONE (Genesis 3:14, 15, 4:25, Matthew 13:37 KJV, Matthew 13:38 KJV, Matthew 13:39 KJV, Matthew 24:33 KJV, Matthew 24:34 KJV, Matthew 24:35 KJV who killed Abel, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:37 KJV, John 8:44 KJV, John 8:47 KJV), and (Cain) slew his brother (Abel). And wherefore slew he him? Because his (Cain’s) own works were evil (Genesis 4:8, 9, 10), and his brother’s (Abel) righteous.”​

You proffer divine comprehension of 1John 3:9 NIV, taken TOTALLY out of context, contrasted drastically with 1John 3:9 KJV… then please explain to this great unwashed, non-Holy Ghost inspired congregation, WBM: What was the specific and explicit punishment executed upon Cain (Genesis 4:23 KJV v. Genesis 4:23 NIV, who John mentioned in these verses? Didn’t Cain sire a son and build a city (Genesis 4:17 KJV)?

When and where was Cain’s punishment in the flesh (Genesis 4:11, 12, 13, 14) effected, WBM?

Seth, a generation younger (Genesis 4:25 KJV) lived 912 years and died before the flood (Genesis 5:8). So, how was Cain, mentioned in John’s verses, specifically and explicitly punished? Yet, you arrogantly expect the great unwashed to accept your self-exalted, INaccurate, alleged ‘Holy Ghost’ rendition from 1John 3:9 NIV, drastically contrasted with the 1John 3:9 KJV (you need a KJV Bible)? Seriously?

break it down

Break it down, Word based magician… How, when, and where was Cain’s punishment in the flesh executed? Then you are ‘Holy Ghost’ clueless rendering 1John 3:9 KJV out of context from a lesser translation of this verse 1John 3:9 NIV.

We are CURENTLY spiritual children of God while we are in the flesh. Do you charismatics have a problem with Jesus delaying His return (Matthew 24:48 KJV, Matthew 24:49 KJV, Matthew 24:50 KJV, Matthew 24:51 KJV)? You charismatic folk kinda jumped the gun there, didn’t you? We THEN become the sons of God upon Jesus’ second advent. How about responding first with your alleged ‘Holy Ghost’ rendition of Cain’s execution in the flesh for premeditating the murder of righteous Abel (Matthew 23:33 KJV, Matthew 23:34 KJV, Matthew 23:35 KJV, Matthew 23:36 KJV). Thereby, edify yourselves that you are not possessed with a false spirit.

kayaker