ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

Word based mystic

Tongues are just different languages that the other people easily UNDERSTOOD

in Acts 2.

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

ignore the rest of scripture on tongues all you want.

OCTOBER23

WBM,

I have studied the bible for 45 years and I do certainly know the rest of the Scriptures.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Acts 2:6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together,

and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own LANGUAGE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can someone else INTERPRET unless they UNDERSTAND the Language/tongue ????
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two,

or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

1 Corinthians 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied:

for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret,

that the church may receive edifying.

Word based mystic

WBM,

I have studied the bible for 45 years and I do certainly know the rest of the Scriptures.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own LANGUAGE.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Corinthians 14:13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two, or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

1 Corinthians 12:30 Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?

1 Corinthians 14:5 I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied:

for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret,

there is still more
keep on going.

Cross Reference

WBM,

1 Corinthians 14:27 If any man speak in an unknown tongue, let it be by two,

or at the most by three, and that by course; and let one interpret.

What you have missed you need to understand is there was just as much miracle in the hearing of the "unknown" tongues and it was in the speaking of them. Think about it.

Cross Reference

never seen him.

5 minutes tolerated on tv. maybe.

he has theological and character issues.

Don't you wish God would revoke the gifts when such gifted men go astray? But God doesn't, demonstrating that He is not an indian giver. That is why we read this from Jesus:

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matthew 7:22-23 (KJV)

Levolor

Christ never ended His relationship with His people, so none of the gifts have ceased.

I know, which is why I said about those that think the gifts has ended: I think maybe it is easier to say the gifts ended than to accept that the gift isn't had?

Or in other words, the doubters must think that the gifts ended because they have no proof of them in their lives.

The argument that once the cannon of scripture was completed then the gifts either one or all was no longer needed is falsehood,

I agree.
because the scriptures were not written by using any of them.

I don't know why that is your proof, but I know because of experience. I do not necessarily speak about tongues either.

The fact is that one will not see the manifestation of Gods gifts (for long) in the meetings of the Babylonians, or much of their lands.

They also will not see because they do not believe. It is no wonder so many believe the church is dead, or worse that God is dead. Sad that so many who call themselves believers don't believe God is alive and active in His people.

Simon Baker

BANNED
Banned
I Am Blessed With "Gifts" Of Spirit, I Do Not Boast And Discuss Them. MADists Have Gifts, We Simply Use Are Own Native "Tongues" To Communicate Messages From God. :rapture:

kayaker

Pychological seizures in the vocal and lung area is available in every human being. Anyone can set it off by going through a series of actions. Bliss of happenness comes with the brain. Its even available in those that are not saved or going to be saved. It the same thing in the saved and the unsaved. You're teasing yourself.

They're called pseudo seizures, or psychosomatic seizures... listen closely to her verbalizations at thirty seconds into the 90 second YouTube clip...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bYQN-8ugOg

kayaker

kayaker

Seriously? Some physician allegedly put a metal plate in his chest because he was growing too rapidly? I'm not into pediatrics, but I've never heard that one!!! I don't suppose anyone grabbed a metal detector? Cheap way to find out if your toddler swallowed anything metal! Those devices would light up like an airport security scan! But, let's not try that one... So... the metal disappeared because they can't feel it? NO suture/staple line? Dude??? Where's the medical report, before and after simple X-rays...

here is one that was posted.
I appreciate bill johnson and randy clark as well

i find their character and longevity in Christ solid

also some medical pursuit if you want it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlJqAItdTt8

WOW! And, you think that's a "medical pursuit"? I don't suppose you even need a medical evaluation with that kinda POWUH!...(Matthew 24:24 KJV)... So, sure, grab even a metal detector at least! Where's the medical report? Quite often those plates and screws are later removed, maybe the fentanyl and versed (analgesic/amnesiac) used during conscious sedation was turned up, and she just remembered.
DNA, WBM... medical reports.

So, get in touch with your buds and tell 'em a before and after healing metal detection test would at least impress a layman, and even that can be rigged. Oh... that's right... there wouldn't be any BEFORE test. Your buds need a new and improved scam... since the dissolution of metal is the newest gig in town.

kayaker

kayaker

The benny Hinn phenomena is not physical, for it is spiritual but not of God.

LA

You're preaching to the choir on benny the penny. Did you capture the woman's vocalizations on that YouTube clip?

Just listen from about 25 seconds into the clip, to about 50 seconds. I heard a lot of that in the Pentecostal churches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_NNLZiusg

I'm outa here... I need to swim upstream a bit, it's getting a little deep on these two threads.

kayaker

kayaker

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I got lazy on ignore (heretic)
But I'm going to guess he likes the tongue

Because those types of people who refuse literal interpretations of scripture gravitate towards the sensational so that they can feel stronger about their errors.

How'd I grade? A-F

Ok, A as in Amen

Lazy needs psychological reassuring thru the emotional and supernatural. Because scripture doesn't support his theology. I knew it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You're preaching to the choir on benny the penny. Did you capture the woman's vocalizations on that YouTube clip?

Just listen from about 25 seconds into the clip, to about 50 seconds. I heard a lot of that in the Pentecostal churches!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm_NNLZiusg

I'm outa here... I need to swim upstream a bit, it's getting a little deep on these two threads.

kayaker

kayaker

You have given a full account of your unbelief, in that you want to deny the good by using the bad.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok, A as in Amen

Lazy needs psychological reassuring thru the emotional and supernatural. Because scripture doesn't support his theology. I knew it.

Unbelievers stumble over the words of Christ.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
Mar 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.
Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

LA