ECT WHY GLOSSA /TONGUES ARE NOT FOR TODAY !!

God's Truth

I have no intentions of allowing you free rein when it comes to your brand of [false] doctrine. I am not the only one, either. You are living proof for the need of fellowship and brotherhood with others IN YOUR BIBLE study. I come here to read and rethnk my beliefs, even as I read the opinions of those wtih whom I disagree. We are all brothers and sisters of the same Father. You? Probably, but the difference when it comes to you is this: you not want to be part of the larger family of God, here at TOL. It is you who rejects all the others; it is you who thinks she her view of doctrine is without error. If you were to stand up, in a Christian assembly and say, "I am not wrong about anything I believe," you would be hard pressed to count the number of people who break out in laughter . . . . you opinion is that ridiculous, and you have not earned the right to teach without opposition. WE are watching.

I prove my beliefs with scripture. You want me to not sound confident in what I am saying. That is not going to happen.

You are full of insults and false hypocritical judgments I wouldn't be connected with someone such as yourself for a friend or family.

jsjohnnt

I prove my beliefs with scripture. You want me to not sound confident in what I am saying. That is not going to happen.

You are full of insults and false hypocritical judgments I wouldn't be connected with someone such as yourself for a friend or family.
I do not believe that you are "connected" to anyone. Plus, you lie about your gk background. You refuse to come clean as to your gk sources, because you know that the admission will make you out to be a liar. You did not get your gk conclusions from bible study.

Anyone, good riddens. You and Cultural Warrior (the guy who wants to kill gays) have much in common.

God's Truth

I do not believe that you are "connected" to anyone. Plus, you lie about your gk background. You refuse to come clean as to your gk sources, because you know that the admission will make you out to be a liar. You did not get your gk conclusions from bible study.

Anyone, good riddens. You and Cultural Warrior (the guy who wants to kill gays) have much in common.

I would report you for harassing me and lying about me...if I cared what you think.

As for my Greek sources, what don't you understand about our not needing to know Greek to know God's Truth? My source is no One you know.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
I would report you for harassing me and lying about me...if I cared what you think.

As for my Greek sources, what don't you understand about our not needing to know Greek to know God's Truth? My source is no One you know.

When you say goodbye and then come back and say hello, how are we going to trust what you say next?
You're like a going out of business store where they sell everything and then run the store like they're not really going out of business. Don't TOL hate that? You think you get a deal then youre not. Gou think youre getting god's truth when you're not. Don't we hate that, right?

God's Truth

When you say goodbye and then come back and say hello, how are we going to trust what you say next?
You're like a going out of business store where they sell everything and then run the store like they're not really going out of business. Don't TOL hate that? You think you get a deal then youre not. Gou think youre getting god's truth when you're not. Don't we hate that, right?

Calvinism is false. All have a chance to be saved, if they believe and obey.

kayaker

And what you have not figured out, sir, is the how and why of Paul's solution to the tongues speaking issue/problem in Corinth . . . . or maybe you do not believe the biblical record has any bearing (ICor 11 thru 14). I do.

Rule #1: State one’s bias. Your bias is to exonerate your “wonderful wife” whose tongue-speak you believe is “genuine.” My bias is to exonerate non-tongue Christians portrayed as being the great unwashed, particularly Christians in healthcare.

Rule #2: Look for the origin of the problem before one starts looking for the “how and the why of Paul’s solutions” as you profess to know.

I proffer the fundamental communication problem facing Jesus’ disciples and Paul was threefold: 1) Language barrier, 2) Divine receptive aphasia (unable to comprehend the ‘truth’), and 3) Physiologic deficits associated with a literal hearing/speech deficits and/or the physiologic cognitive inability (like dementia, for example) to process information even when hearing was physically intact.

Aspect #1) Language barrier:

Genesis 10:5 KJV “By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands (first mention, descendants of Japheth); every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.”

Genesis 10:20 KJV “These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.”

Genesis 10:31 KJV “These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.”

Following Jesus’ ascension, the thrust of this massive translation challenge fell upon Jesus’ disciples and Paul. That literal translation issue was managed by the Holy Spirit:

Acts 2:4, 5, 6, 7, 8, KJV “…because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7) And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galileans? 8) And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?”​

Now that the Holy Spirit solved the language barrier aspect of diverse tongues, let’s take a look at the second aspect of the communication problem:

(kayaker)

kayaker

Aspect #2) Divine receptive aphasia:

Isaiah 6:9, 10, KJV “And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not. 10) Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and CONVERT, and be HEALED.”​

Isaiah described Divinely inspired receptive aphasia beyond the aspects of language barriers and physiologic deficits. Does charismatic tongue-speak address Divine receptive aphasia? Please keep these verses from Isaiah in mind as Jesus illustrated how multitude believers need to be HEALED of Divine receptive aphasia, thereby CONVERTING believers into disciples of Jesus. Jesus illustrated this abstract distinction in Matthew 13:10, 11, 12, 13, 14, Matthew 13:15 KJV, Matthew 13:16, as Jesus spoke exclusively to His disciples Matthew 13:17 KJV.

Therefore, I conclude Divine perception was ‘gifted’ to Jesus’ believers who were HEALED of OT misperceptions (Matthew 13:12 KJV), and CONVERTED into Jesus’ disciples hearing His truth. Furthermore, this ‘door’ into Jesus’ discipleship CONVERTED believers (John 8:30 KJV) into His disciples (John 8:31 KJV) hearing: “And ye (believers) shall know the truth (two testimonies, John 8:17, 18), and the truth shall make you free (believers HEALED from OT misperceptions, Matthew 13:12 KJV)” John 8:32 KJV.

The charismatic notion of tongue-speak does not address these two Divine testimonies involving ‘seeing’ and ‘hearing’ (Matthew 13:16 KJV). Please consider John 8:38 KJV; what explicit and utter truth did Jesus ‘see’ with His Father? Please consider John 8:40 KJV; what explicit and utter “truth” did Jesus ‘hear’ from His Father that even Abraham didn’t hear?

The reason the aforementioned conversion of believers into His disciples is significant is because Jesus breathed the Holy Spirit upon His disciples exclusively (Matthew 13:16 KJV), not the multitudes, in John 20:21, 22, KJV. Meanwhile, among many other denominations/churches, charismatics similarly proclaim their unique claim to spiritual fame (approval) having been allegedly ‘baptized’ by the Holy Ghost. Jesus had a close and personal relationship with His disciples, not believers, and He unveiled parables to His disciples, exclusively. So, what were those two explicit testimonies (John 8:38 KJV, John 8:40 KJV)? Then, I proffer that which charismatics consider tongue-speak edifies themselves in their own minds (Genesis 3:4, 5). Such does not illuminate said truth, and has no bearing on healing believers subject to Divine receptive aphasia to become Jesus’ disciples (John 8:31 KJV, John 20:21 KJV, John 20:22 KJV).

kayaker

kayaker

The incest of which you speak, has nothing to do with Paul's teaching on tongues. So why are you bringing it up, or maybe, you have not sobered up after the last time you were out with your buds.

Fair enough… Paul brought up incest in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. What went down in Noah’s tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV)? Who was the ‘father’ of inherited genetic afflictions like cleft lips/palates and deafness, speech impediments…? What was Moses concerned about in Leviticus 18:6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20:17, 19, 20, 21, Deuteronomy 22:30, 27:20, 22, 23? Beyond the Law, such was written in the hearts (circumcised of the heart) of the Gentile descendants of Japheth (Romans 2:14, 15, 16). Has it occurred to you yet that first-degree (parent+child, sibling+sibling) consanguineous unions genetically impact the progeny, thereof?

Aspect #3) Physiologic deficits being literal hearing/speech deficits and/or the physiologic cognitive inability (v. Divine receptive aphasia) to process information even though hearing is physically intact:

Int J Biomed Sci. 2011 Dec; 7(4): 268–272.

Epidemilogical Profile of Speech and Language Disorder in North Central Nigeria

CONCLUSION

…Although this study does not find out the nature of marriages but observed a high rate of consanguineous marriages in the community. This is a risk factor to development of speech and language disorders from previous studies and literatures and the need to discourage it so as to reduce the prevalence of speech and language disorders in our environments.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3614840/

Those cases were likely second-degree incest and beyond (uncle+niece, aunt+nephew, first cousins). Paul’s mention in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV was FIRST-degree incest (parent+child, sib pairs), even closer: A son sires a daughter with his mother, and he then sires children with said daughter… How about King Charles II:

Inbreeding & the downfall of the Spanish Hapsburgs
By Razib Khan | April 14, 2009 8:00 pm

The Habsburg King Carlos II of Spain was sadly degenerated with an enormous misshapen head. His Habsburg jaw stood so much out that his two rows of teeth could not meet; he was unable to chew. His tongue was so large that he was barely able to speak. His intellect was similarly disabled. His brief life consisted chiefly of a passage from prolonged infancy to premature senility…

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/g...wnfall-of-the-spanish-hapsburgs/#.VSNAPF6RYdu

charles-ii-of-spain_mainstory1.jpg

Even more chronologically relative, how about King Tut (1341-1324 BC) who lived about 75 years before Moses (1250 BC)? King Tut’s first-degree incest sibling parents were severely inbred, themselves:

January 3, 2014
6 Secrets of King Tut
By History.com Staff

4. Tutankhamen was likely the product of incest.
In 2010 researchers performing DNA analyses on the remains of King Tut and his relatives made a shocking announcement. The boy king, they believed, was the product of incest between the pharaoh Akhenaten and one of his sisters. Inbreeding was rampant among ancient Egyptian royals, who saw themselves as descendants of the gods and hoped to maintain pure bloodlines. Experts think this trend contributed to higher incidences of congenital defects—such as King Tut’s cleft palate and club foot—among rulers. Tutankhamen himself would eventually marry his father’s daughter by his chief wife—his half-sister, Ankhesenamun.

http://www.history.com/news/history-lists/6-secrets-of-king-tut

Btw, King Tut was entombed alongside two stillborn children, but I’m not aware of DNA tests to affirm their relation. Not even mentioning other physiologic afflictions among a myriad of heritable speech impediments, I don’t suppose you’ve ever heard one speak with a significant cleft palate?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...Sg7gI&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCoQMygAMAA

Well, since the charismatics might be just a little challenged performing ‘laying on hands’ surgery for this poor infant, you might want to discuss the successes of one of my buds among a volunteer surgical team repairing clefties in Mexico. How about that… the clefties no longer require an interpreter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LR_YDBPW1Y

Here’s a little more information about clefts (among a myriad of heritable speech deficits) and genetics:

http://cleftline.org/docs/Booklets/GEN-01.pdf

But, you can’t fathom first-degree incest having anything to do with perpetuating heritable physiologic communication deficits in Biblical times? Such was an irrefutable aspect of speaking in tongue. Is there any wonder why charismatics have such a difficult time acknowledging the ‘utter’ obvious? The notion creates a cognitive dissonant paradox in the charismatic salvation “approved” paradigm. I’m not suggesting such speech impediments didn’t coexist with the charismatic notion of tongue-speak that I don’t buy. I find it a rather amusing phenomenon that charismatics have a hard time swallowing the notion of heritable Corinthian speech impediments.

1Corinthians 5:1 KJV “It is reported COMMONLY that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles (Genesis 9:23 KJV, Genesis 10:5 KJV), that one should have his father’s wife (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV).”​

Now, please take a closer look at a few verses in 1Corinthians 11 that you generally brought forth:

1Corinthians 11:18, 19, 20, 21, KJV “For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it (Matthew 13:11, 12, 18:4, 5, 6). 19). For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you. 20) When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord’s supper. 21) For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.”​

I hear Paul talking about divisions in the church via heresies regarding how one’s ‘approval may be made manifest’ (1Thessalonians 4:11 KJV). If I understand charismatics correctly, charismatics think tongue-speak edifies one as “approved” unto salvation in the flesh v. the hope and promise of salvation. I think tongue-speak (as charismatics understand it) edifies one as a “drunken” heretic (2Timothy 2:15, 16, KJV). Paul wasn’t talking about ethanol-induced intoxication (Matthew 24:48, 49, 50, 51).

The fundamental post-ascension communication challenges facing the disciples and Paul included the aforementioned 1) language barriers, 2) Divinely inspired receptive aphasia, and 3) physiologic communication deficits. Physiologic deficits were clearly noted even with Moses personally in Exodus 4:10, 11, 12. In addition to Jesus healing believers previously subject to Divine receptive aphasia to become disciples ‘gifted’ with apparent abstract perception, please consider Jesus ALSO healed heritable (John 9:2 KJV) physiologic communication deficits (Matthew 11:4, 5). Please pay particularly close attention:

Mark 7:32, 33, 34, 35, 37, KJV “And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him. 33) And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; 34) And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. 35) And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain. 37) And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.”​

I can only conclude this deaf/mute previously spoke in an unknown tongue (1Corinthians 14:2 KJV) that only those very familiar to him could interpret among the congregation. But, you don’t think heritable Corinthian physiologic communication deficits were a challenge for Jesus’ disciples and Paul? Think again, JSJ.

kayaker

jsjohnnt

You don't give your source because in doing so, you would admit that those evil professors working our seminaries, are part of your world - a world you deny exists. But, hey, I thought you said "good bye" already.

As far as me harassing you, I do not follow you around. I only comment when you post something on a thread I am already on and that is not harassment. Its called "correction and instruction in righteousness." Learn it, live it, love it.

jsjohnnt

Fair enough… Paul brought up incest in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV. What went down in Noah’s tent (Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV)? Who was the ‘father’ of inherited genetic afflictions like cleft lips/palates and deafness, speech impediments…?

I hear Paul talking about divisions in the church via heresies regarding how one’s ‘approval may be made manifest’ (1Thessalonians 4:11 KJV). If I understand charismatics correctly, charismatics think tongue-speak edifies one as “approved” unto salvation in the flesh v. the hope and promise of salvation. I think tongue-speak (as charismatics understand it) edifies one as a “drunken” heretic (2Timothy 2:15, 16, KJV). Paul wasn’t talking about ethanol-induced intoxication (Matthew 24:48, 49, 50, 51).

The fundamental post-ascension communication challenges facing the disciples and Paul included the aforementioned 1) language barriers, 2) Divinely inspired receptive aphasia, and 3) physiologic communication deficits. Physiologic deficits were clearly noted even with Moses personally in Exodus 4:10, 11, 12. In addition to Jesus healing believers previously subject to Divine receptive aphasia to become disciples ‘gifted’ with apparent abstract perception, please consider Jesus ALSO healed heritable (John 9:2 KJV) physiologic communication deficits (Matthew 11:4, 5). Please pay particularly close attention:

Mark 7:32, 33, 34, 35, 37, KJV “And they bring unto him one that was deaf, and had an impediment in his speech; and they beseech him to put his hand upon him. 33) And he took him aside from the multitude, and put his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue; 34) And looking up to heaven, he sighed, and saith unto him, Ephphatha, that is, Be opened. 35) And straightway his ears were opened, and the string of his tongue was loosed, and he spake plain. 37) And were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: he maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak.”​

I can only conclude this deaf/mute previously spoke in an unknown tongue (1Corinthians 14:2 KJV) that only those very familiar to him could interpret among the congregation. But, you don’t think heritable Corinthian physiologic communication deficits were a challenge for Jesus’ disciples and Paul? Think again, JSJ.

kayaker
Kayaker: Pitting your opinion against the supposed opinions of Charismatics is hardly an argument against "tongue speaking." You know that, correct? And I do not believe you have captured the beliefs of most or all Charismatic folks. They really are no different from any other Christian, except for their particular gift. What is your gift(s)?

But more than this, "tongues" according to Paul in I Cor 12 -14 is a gift from God. Whether or not you believe the gifts to be active today, the fact is this: they came from God. So Noah's incest and his ill-formed children ( he had ill formed children ??!!!) are not the forerunners to the tongue speaking crowd of today.

Very insulting argument, dude, biologically and intellectually. Totally outside the scope of anything we might exegesis.

jsjohnnt

Aspect #2) Divine receptive aphasia:
Wow. I had to look this up and when I did, I found this explanation:

"Receptive aphasia, also known as Wernicke’s aphasia, fluent aphasia, or sensory aphasia, is a type of aphasia in which people with the condition are unable to understand language in its written or spoken form, and even though they can speak with normal grammar, syntax, rate, and intonation, they cannot express themselves meaningfully using language. People with Wernicke's aphasia are typically unaware of how they are speaking and do not realize it may lack meaning. [1] Having a deficit and not knowing it exists or denying it exists is called anosognosia. People with Wernicke's Aphasia typically remain unaware of even their most profound language deficits."

I know you are going to take this as an insult, but, if this statement was a definition of "intellectual Receptive aphasia, " well, I could argue that it is talking about you.

I must say, you and "God's Truth" way over think your arguments, and in the end, present conclusion that often have nothing to do with actual disagreement at hand.

Understand this, or, figure out what I am saying: Tongues speaking is a gift from God, not a pathology.

jsjohnnt

Rule #1: State one’s bias. Your bias is to exonerate your “wonderful wife” whose tongue-speak you believe is “genuine.” My bias is to exonerate non-tongue Christians portrayed as being the great unwashed, particularly Christians in healthcare.

Rule #2: Look for the origin of the problem before one starts looking for the “how and the why of Paul’s solutions” as you profess to know.

I proffer the fundamental communication problem facing Jesus’ disciples and Paul was threefold: 1) Language barrier, 2) Divine receptive aphasia (unable to comprehend the ‘truth’), and 3) Physiologic deficits associated with a literal hearing/speech deficits and/or the physiologic cognitive inability (like dementia, for example) to process information even when hearing was physically intact.

Aspect #1) Language barrier:

Genesis 10:5 KJV “By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands (first mention, descendants of Japheth); every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.”

Genesis 10:20 KJV “These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.”

Genesis 10:31 KJV “These are the sons of Shem, after their families, after their tongues, in their lands, after their nations.”

Following Jesus’ ascension, the thrust of this massive translation challenge fell upon Jesus’ disciples and Paul. That literal translation issue was managed by the Holy Spirit:

Acts 2:4, 5, 6, 7, 8, KJV “…because that every man heard them speak in his own language. 7) And they were all amazed and marveled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galileans? 8) And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?”​

Now that the Holy Spirit solved the language barrier aspect of diverse tongues, let’s take a look at the second aspect of the communication problem:

(kayaker)
I am going to ignore this comment except to (a) suggest that "posit" might be a better word than "proffer" although could be used as you did. Its just that your threefold argument is an offering to me and others, not something that you have decided to merely hold on to. See what you think.

And (b), my wife needs no defense, nor is her reality my exegetical reality. King of silly, really, for you to suggest otherwise. Why not stay on subject and parse scripture rather than a feigned interpretive "knowledge" of cultural languages and handicapped speech, neither of which is what Paul has in mind in the Corinthian letter . . . . . your "proffer" to the contratry.

kayaker

Kayaker: Pitting your opinion against the supposed opinions of Charismatics is hardly an argument against "tongue speaking." You know that, correct?

I don’t think you refuted the documented point, NOT opinion, that physiologic communication deficits, speaking in unknown tongue, was prevalent in Biblical days. You know that, correct?

And I do not believe you have captured the beliefs of most or all Charismatic folks. They really are no different from any other Christian, except for their particular gift.

Then you’re suggesting charismatics are no different than other Christians? Then, please explain the purpose of tongue-speak. I’ve run in those circles… and, yep… they’re like many Christians looking for a sign. The charismatics meet the qualification for salvation: tongue-speak. Tongue-speak is a salvific issue to most, if not all, charismatics as if they have something seen as more favorable in the eyes of God than the rest of us non-tongue great unwashed. Do charismatics get a front row seat in heaven? If not… then what’s the point?

What is your gift(s)?

Clearly NOT tongue-speak according to the charismatic version!

But more than this, "tongues" according to Paul in I Cor 12 -14 is a gift from God. Whether or not you believe the gifts to be active today, the fact is this: they came from God.

And, Acts 2:6, 7, 8, is that case. I’m a cessationalist, by and large… not a sensationalist. Cessationalism sets the stage for Matthew 24:24 KJV. Ask Jesus (John 9:4 KJV, John 9:5 KJV).

So Noah's incest and his ill-formed children ( he had ill formed children ??!!!) are not the forerunners to the tongue speaking crowd of today.

Did you experience a little Divine receptive aphasia (Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12, Matthew 13:10, 13, 14) considering the associated verses: Genesis 9:22 KJV, Leviticus 18:8 KJV? Ham is the ‘father’ of inherited genetic afflictions including physiologic communication deficits like deafness and muteness with impediments of speech (Mark 7:32 KJV).

What did Ham do? What’s the problem with Noah being naked in HIS tent? What was Ham doing in his blind-drunk butt-naked PARENT’s tent in the first place? What were the Corinthians up to in 1Corinthians 5:1 KJV that Japheth, ‘father’ of the Gentiles (Genesis 10:5 KJV), rebuked (Genesis 9:23 KJV)? Yet, you do not refute the documentation that physiologic afflictions, like speech impediments, are also associated with consanguineous unions… a most peculiar phenomenon.

Very insulting argument, dude, biologically and intellectually. Totally outside the scope of anything we might exegesis.

Jesus was a healer, correct? Do you suggest genetic reconstructions of heritable afflictions to be beyond the scope of His practice? That’s biological as in Mark 7:35 KJV, John 9:2 KJV, even Acts 3:2 KJV. Jesus also converted and healed those perceptually bound by Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12. And, clearly the charismatics haven’t figured that one out yet… thus fulfilling Isaiah’s prophecy (Matthew 13:10, 13, 14).

One renowned and published neuropsychiatrist I used to work with, a devout atheist, typically held his hand up like a high-five mocking charismatics…. HEEEYullll! Great guy, btw! That is… until I gave him a high five back saying Jesus was a genetic healer. He had to raise an eyebrow on that one, and do a double-take, as I mocked the charismatics with him, HEEEYulll! PuhRize Gaaawd!

kayaker

kayaker

Following is your response to the notion of Divine receptive aphasia prophesied by Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12 that Jesus referenced in Matthew 13:10, 13, 14:

Wow. I had to look this up and when I did, I found this explanation:

"Receptive aphasia, also known as Wernicke’s aphasia, fluent aphasia, or sensory aphasia, is a type of aphasia in which people with the condition are unable to understand language in its written or spoken form, and even though they can speak with normal grammar, syntax, rate, and intonation, they cannot express themselves meaningfully using language. People with Wernicke's aphasia are typically unaware of how they are speaking and do not realize it may lack meaning. [1] Having a deficit and not knowing it exists or denying it exists is called anosognosia. People with Wernicke's Aphasia typically remain unaware of even their most profound language deficits."

I know you are going to take this as an insult, but, if this statement was a definition of "intellectual Receptive aphasia, " well, I could argue that it is talking about you.

ROFLOL! Sure, JSJ… I’m beyond being insulted friend, LOL! Amused might be more appropriate. But, I’m glad to see that you’re at least generally headed in the direction regarding physiologic communication deficits, NOT Divine receptive aphasia. When you gather the notion there is a difference between Divine receptive aphasia and physiologic communication deficits… you’ll realize you’ve totally missed the mark on my argument. Please forgive me for speaking in tongues being you’ve clearly not perceived this distinction. Nonetheless, I’m quite familiar with the quoted vocabulary you offered. In fact, I sincerely encourage your continuing diligent pursuit!

I must say, you and "God's Truth" way over think your arguments, and in the end, present conclusion that often have nothing to do with actual disagreement at hand.

Please forgive me that I’ve obviously totally overestimated your intellect. I mean… hey… who needs intellect when one allegedly has the Holy Spirit, right?

Understand this, or, figure out what I am saying: Tongues speaking is a gift from God, not a pathology.

Understand this: Acts 2:7, 8 exemplified the gift. Mark 7:32, 35 exemplified heritable pathology. I’m obviously speaking in tongue that you cannot yet distinguish Divine receptive aphasia (Isaiah 6:9, 10, 11, 12, Matthew 13:10, 13, 14) from physiologic aphasia (Mark 7:32 KJV). You’re quote above involves physiologic aphasia, quite familiar to me, btw. While you’re indulging your studies in aphasia, you might also explore the notion of concrete thinking, not unfamiliar to me.

kayaker

kayaker

I am going to ignore this comment except to (a) suggest that "posit" might be a better word than "proffer" although could be used as you did. Its just that your threefold argument is an offering to me and others, not something that you have decided to merely hold on to. See what you think.

So… you’re going to ignore the utter fact there were language barriers in Biblical days (Genesis 10:5 KJV, Genesis 10:20 KJV, Genesis 10:31 KJV, Genesis 10:32 KJV? Dude? You cannot connect said diverse tongues with Acts 2:7, 8? I’ve heard of sticking one’s head in the sand… but, you totally disappeared on that one! If all the preachers only spoke charismatic babble… chaos! The day truth became silent… apostasy.

And (b), my wife needs no defense, nor is her reality my exegetical reality. King of silly, really, for you to suggest otherwise. Why not stay on subject and parse scripture rather than a feigned interpretive "knowledge" of cultural languages and handicapped speech, neither of which is what Paul has in mind in the Corinthian letter . . . . . your "proffer" to the contratry.

How about fessing up that you married a charismatic? Isn’t that what you’re trying to justify here? Your marriage to a charismatic? You suggest I should “parse scripture,” but you cannot connect the ‘utterly’ obvious fact there were language barriers, not to mention physiologic cognitive deficits, in Biblical days. All you’ve suggested is that speaking in tongue is a gift, while refusing to acknowledge there were language barriers, speech impediments…. even Divine receptive aphasia that Isaiah spoke of.

Like Paul said in 1Corinthians 11:21 KJV, there are those who hunger for truth, and those who are drunken. Maybe Paul should have included those who are mesmerized by the drunken! Well… I do suppose those mesmerized fall into the category of Matthew 24:24 KJV.

Paul had in mind the Corinthians were COMMONLY practicing first-degree, son-mother, incest (1Corinthians 5:1 KJV). My 85 year-old mother even knows her jack-russell terrior suffers seizures being the progeny of inbreeding! You ever heard of Starbucks?

kayaker