Why Don't the Liberals Want a Wall?

fool

Hall of Fame
Apparently "ok doser" chooses to forget that Trump was quite specific when it came to promising that Mexico would pay for "THE WALL!!!!!"

We take him seriously but not literally, you take him literally but not seriously.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
i think we're all going to regret that we didn't just compromise on DACA and move forward
Just where have those much ballyhooed "ART OF THE DEAL" skills been for the last 2 years - the prospects of Trump receiving building "THE WALL" has been dramatically reduced since he took office!

In fact, if Trump and his supporters had refrained from "demonizing" those immigrants from south of the border and engaged in quiet diplomacy, he could have forged a coalition of moderate Republicans and Democrats to work cooperatively to make America great today!

Instead, he surrounded himself with ultra-conservative zealots that drove his agenda so far to the right that the Republicans lost their majority in the House and forced a 35 day federal government shutdown that he has threatened to initiate again in February!

The reality is that 6 Republican Senators joined the Democrats to vote to open the government without funding THE WALL, that resulted in McConnell informing him that another vote could override his presidential veto!

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Just where have those much ballyhooed "ART OF THE DEAL" skills been for the last 2 years - the prospects of Trump receiving building "THE WALL" has been dramatically reduced since he tool office!

In fact, if Trump and his supporters had refrained from "demonizing" those immigrants from south of the border and engaged in quiet diplomacy, he could have forged a coalition of moderate Republicans and Democrats to work cooperatively to make America great today!

Instead, he surrounded himself with ultra-conservative zealots that drove his agenda so far to the right that the Republicans lost their majority in the House and forced a 35 day federal government shutdown that he has threatened to initiate again in February!

The reality is that 6 Republican Senators joined the Democrats to vote to open the government without funding THE WALL, that resulted in McConnell informing him that another vote could override his presidential veto!

it's hard to take you seriously at all with the punctuatation!!! and CAPITALIZATION!!!

Kit the Coyote

i don't remember him being all that specific in his campaign

do you?

No more than he had to be and he varied on details but the impression he gave when you review his comments is that of a wall plus natural barriers were to cover the entire 2000 mile distance of the border.

Kit the Coyote

it's hard to take you seriously at all with the punctuatation!!! and CAPITALIZATION!!!
He does, however, have a point that GOP senators were starting to defect and the Democrat bill got more votes than the Republican one did. This was writing on the wall for McConnell.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
A "euphemism" when dealing with facts for which "ok dossier" has no coherent response!

EUOHEMISM - ancient Greek with the meaning "to keep a holy silence" speaking well by not speaking at all

ok doser

No more than he had to be and he varied on details but the impression he gave when you review his comments is that of a wall plus natural barriers were to cover the entire 2000 mile distance of the border.

"he varied on details"

that was the part i remembered

ok doser

He does, however, have a point that GOP senators were starting to defect and the Democrat bill got more votes than the Republican one did. This was writing on the wall for McConnell.

as i said, he shoulda taken the DACA deal last year

was it last year? :think:

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned

The day we have such a remarkable wall over 2000 miles of border will be the day I eat my shorts and stand on the tip of a flag pole naked striking a pose.
Lol

His supporters don't know it, but this ruined his next election.

Kit the Coyote

"he varied on details"

that was the part i remembered

Sadly when a politician, particularly a populist, 'varies on detail' his hardcore followers will remember what they will out of it. A portion of his base, voiced by Ann Coulter and Limbaugh see anything less than the implied 1000 to 2000 mile coast to coast wall plus natural barriers as a cave.

Kit the Coyote

The day we have such a remarkable wall over 2000 miles of border will be the day I eat my shorts and stand on the tip of a flag pole naked striking a pose.
Lol

There still a lot of time for this to slip out of voters short attention spans but if he keeps going the way he has been, the next election will likely be the Democrats to lose, something they have shown a skill for in the past so who knows.

fool

Hall of Fame
Lol

All he did as highlight how little the Democrats care about border security. That's not going to cost him anything, and at the next election the commercials can be none stop videos of people flooding over the border with the narrator running down the stats on how much crime they've committed.
Here's some video to start with;

drbrumley

Let's see.

Does government have the legal authority to claim, with payment, private land for the needs of the nation?

It's on a piece of paper somewhere. Just like slavery was on a piece of paper somewhere. So whatever you're trying to get at fails miserably.

Don't dodge the question by trying to argue about whether you think a given need is legitimate. Does such legal authority exist?

Does the government have the authority to pay abortion mills?