Why Calvinist Cannot Defend Their Doctrine of a Limited Atonement

Robert Pate

Banned
Forgive me, I think you misunderstood the point of the post. In this passage, Acts 19:27, the term "world" is used. I inquired as to how you would interpret it here. All human beings does not seem to fit. Neither does all the created order. However, a bunch of people from all over does seem to fit. Do you concur?

WORLD: 1. The earth. 2. A part of the earth. 3. The universe. 4. A division of existing or created things belonging to the earth: the animal world. 5. The human inhabitants of the earth.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
God has set limits on everything.

Time is going to run out
There is a stopping point to the universe

And not every sin is atoned for.

If every sin is atoned for then no one can be sent to Hell. If Christ has atoned for your sins then on judgment day in God's eyes you have no sin.

Robert Pate

Banned
God has set limits on everything.

Time is going to run out
There is a stopping point to the universe

And not every sin is atoned for.

If every sin is atoned for then no one can be sent to Hell. If Christ has atoned for your sins then on judgment day in God's eyes you have no sin.

The Bible clearly and plainly says that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation is available for all who want it, Romans 10:13.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The Bible clearly and plainly says that Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world, 1 John 2:2. Salvation is available for all who want it, Romans 10:13.

You just limited the atonement by saying it is for all who want it. So what is all the fuss about? Robert Pate limits atonement. John Calvin limits atonement.

Are you coming out of the closet?

beloved57

Invalid and false comment not supported by scripture !

You dont believe the Gospel, so you dont believe or understand those verses !

Robert Pate

Banned
You just limited the atonement by saying it is for all who want it. So what is all the fuss about? Robert Pate limits atonement. John Calvin limits atonement.

Are you coming out of the closet?

God does not impose salvation on anyone. If you want it you will have to receive it as a free gift from God, John 1:12.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

This is the simplicity of Free will doctrine. No formulas to follow.

Romans 10:13 Modern English Version (MEV)

13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Wow, it doesn't say just Calvinists does it.

Brother Ducky

If the atonement was for just some and not all then you have an unjust God.

The Bible says it was for all. 1 John 2:2.

Why is it you cannot believe the scriptures?

Not so. Not unless you posit that anything that is given or done to any has to be done for all.

At least in the version in your post, it is not "for all" but rather for "the world." It is a matter of interpretation at to exactly what that means. I believe that it does not mean any and all people.

I believe the Scriptures. And in the Scriptures where do you find the doctrine of the re-imputation of forgiven sin?

Brother Ducky

Contrasting then John Calvin is very limited and Roberts beliefs are universal.

I would say "limited" not "very limited." And you are correct in that Pate's views lead to Universalism. He tries to avoid that with a somewhat peculiar doctrine of the re-imputaton of sin. If he has a hint of where he got that, he seems to be unwilling to disclose it.

It might be a doctrine unique to Pate, I know of no others who hold to the doctrine.

Brother Ducky

This is the simplicity of Free will doctrine. No formulas to follow.

Romans 10:13 Modern English Version (MEV)

13 For, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.”

Wow, it doesn't say just Calvinists does it.

I guess it would be simple. The problem of "free will salvation" is that there does not seem to be a Biblical anthropology which would allow the free will acceptance of the offer of the gospel.

Brother Ducky

When are you going to post a refutal to the false doctrine of a limited atonement?

Maybe its because you can't.

Not sure whether B57 can or can't post a cogent support for Limited Atonement, but AMR has, and it seems to me that you and others choose to not deal with the content, preferring to be cowed by the length. If you are correct you should be willing to think and work with whatever is presented.