Who Posted?

Arthur Brain

artie, when you start with the contradictions, it tells me you're not paying attention.

Just like last night.

Go back and read what I posted.

Eh, anything to avoid your lies SOD, as per the norm.

Town's behavior after Del gave him an infraction looked like sulking to me.

and others

If you don't see it that way, we'll have to disagree :idunno:

Of course I don't. Those who know and haven't a history of stalking obsession know this also.

Besides this, calling someone a 'butthurt sulker' and laughing at the dumb remark doesn't correlate with anything you have in your sig.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
If you want to discuss it, put it up here.

If you don't? :idunno:

Long ago I learned the folly of attempting to change a closed mind.
I'm learning that right now. Because your mind is closed.

So I'll just state that I don't think you can adequately and convincingly defend calling someone a coward and telling her she's butthurt. If that's the case, you can walk away and I'll understand.

No, that's not the only reason I'm here.
So there it is.

I've fully enjoyed discussions I've had here today with nog, with IK, with TM, others

I used to enjoy having discussions with you. Lately the only tack you seem to want to take is, well....

You'll have to take responsibility for that.

While I've called you on your behavior, I haven't called you names, mocked you, changed or twisted your quotes, or done to you any of what you've done to me.

What I've done has been to disagree with what you say and told you why. If you don't enjoy talking to me, by all means, don't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
their defense when you know they are guilty and have admitted it to you for one.
You don't ask your clients if they're guilty. They're presumed innocent. You ask questions and prepare a defense in light of that. You look at the other side's case through discovery (and vice versa) and determine the best course. Most clients capable of criminal activity will lie to their attorneys in any event. The ones who will tell you they did it will also usually run to the plea. Because criminals don't tend to be smart, will often leave behind sufficient evidence to put themselves in serious jeopardy.

The ones that don't are either very smart/good at what they do or lucky. And then there are the actually innocent.

When you try to supress actual proof of the crime by some legal technicality or loophole, things like that...
Legal technicality and loophole are mostly things people pick up watching the distorted hyperbole of television or movie courtroom drama and/or comedy. There's the presumption and there are the rules of evidence. There are very clear and good reasons for those rules and both sides are to follow them...Chain of custody relating to evidence is one of those that might be considered a technicality, but for the defense attorney it's mostly about making sure the state, with its disproportionate power and resource, stays within the written letter of the law. And the state examines and objects and makes sure the defense does also.

That's an ethical and moral obligation. Both parties have a Constitutional obligation. If we do our jobs then justice prevails, provided the trier of fact does his/her/theirs.

Even the plea deal process contains selling of morals.
No, it doesn't, not inherently or for the most part. I'm sure there's an exception to any rule, so I won't say it doesn't happen. But juries get it wrong too, both ways. We've put innocent men to death and let guilty men go free. Those are the tragic exceptions to the rule and no process in this world is perfect.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
you plank.

thswordfightsmiles.gif

th_plank.gif

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
I'm learning that right now. Because your mind is closed.

I choose my words carefully.

Not always wisely :idunno:

So I'll just state that I don't think you can adequately and convincingly defend calling someone a coward

Her actions were cowardly. She popped into the thread to snipe at Chrys and then refused to back up her words.

and telling her she's butthurt.

I don't remember the context. That's why I asked you to post it here.

So there it is.

It's what TOL is. :idunno:

You've been here how many years and haven't learned that yet?

There's a time for reasoned discussion, and there's a time for mocking and there's a time for just having silly fun.

What I've done has been to disagree with what you say and told you why.

yes, over and over and over and over and cluck cluck cluck cluck cluck....

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You don't ask your clients if they're guilty. They're presumed innocent. You ask questions and prepare a defense in light of that. You look at the other side's case through discovery (and vice versa) and determine the best course. Most clients capable of criminal activity will lie to their attorneys in any event. The ones who will tell you they did it will also usually run to the plea. Because criminals don't tend to be smart, will often leave behind sufficient evidence to put themselves in serious jeopardy.

The ones that don't are either very smart/good at what they do or lucky. And then there are the actually innocent.

Legal technicality and loophole are mostly things people pick up watching the distorted hyperbole of television or movie courtroom drama and/or comedy. There's the presumption and there are the rules of evidence. There are very clear and good reasons for those rules and both sides are to follow them...Chain of custody relating to evidence is one of those that might be considered a technicality, but for the defense attorney it's mostly about making sure the state, with its disproportionate power and resource, stays within the written letter of the law. And the state examines and objects and makes sure the defense does also.

That's an ethical and moral obligation. Both parties have a Constitutional obligation. If we do our jobs then justice prevails, provided the trier of fact does his/her/theirs.

No, it doesn't, not inherently or for the most part. I'm sure there's an exception to any rule, so I won't say it doesn't happen. But juries get it wrong too, both ways. We've put innocent men to death and let guilty men go free. Those are the tragic exceptions to the rule and no process in this world is perfect.

While you might not ask if they are guilty, some of them admit it to their lawyers who are bound by attorney client privilege.

Anyway, there is too much needing to sell my integrity to be able to do it .

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I wish anna would come back
and explain the connection
between Chrys' and my "atrocious" behavior and zoo no longer posting here

No thanks - I'm quite happy stomping around in here. :)

Post one and we'll discuss it.

Post one and we'll discuss it.

Anybody?

One single post of mine to discuss?

Rusha?

anna?

tardlyartie?

anna?

One single post of mine?

throw it up and we'll discuss it

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Her actions were cowardly.
She popped into the thread to snipe at Chrys and then refused to back up her words.
Nah, cowardly would be challenging someone, making a big show of it and then, when met on issues, running away and sniping at a safe distance.

Like I have to tell you. :plain: :eek:

...There's a time for reasoned discussion, and there's a time for mocking and there's a time for just having silly fun.
But you mostly begin with the mocking and baiting and your idea of fun is defamatory and malicious. Though you do post a lovely bit of scripture in your signature, so all's well that ends well in a peculiarly literal sense must be your position here.

You should repost this and laugh at it. I've noticed you like to do that, which is peculiar since you only just finished saying you don't like to discuss things with a closed mind.

Lastly, if you can't get along with anna, there's something wrong with you and/or your approach.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Her actions were cowardly. She popped into the thread to snipe at Chrys and then refused to back up her words.

No they weren't. And that you would say what you did to her, including the "butthurt" shows you are not honorable.

I doubt that. Plus you had my handy link to refresh your memory and everything.

There's a time for reasoned discussion, and there's a time for mocking and there's a time for just having silly fun.
I've been here four years, and I hope and pray I haven't and won't learn how to mock like you.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
While you might not ask if they are guilty, some of them admit it to their lawyers who are bound by attorney client privilege.
Right. I'm sure it happens. Mostly as a matter of a step toward plea bargaining, where the accused will have to stipulate, on the record, to his or her actions. But if your client does admit guilt you can't let him take the stand and proclaim innocence. And the crime they admit to has to be in the past. Any present or planned criminal activity would obligate the attorney to act against the client as an officer of the court.

A good lawyer informs his client of that also. There's nothing immoral about any of that.

Anyway, there is too much needing to sell my integrity to be able to do it .
With respect, you aren't in a position to know that, aren't an attorney, aren't familiar with the cannon of ethics and so can't speak to it meaningfully in relation to moral law. I will tell you that some of the best Christian examples I know of are attorneys, that the rap my profession receives is mostly born out of misunderstanding or confusion of the exception with a rule and no more a faithful picture than it would be to suggest that all or most pastors are tainted because some cheat and steal and seduce parishioners. That sort of thing.

There is nothing inherent in the practice of law that requires any man to sell or debase their integrity or violate their conscience. Some men undoubtedly will, but that's true of doctors and pastors and accountants, etc.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Right. I'm sure it happens. Mostly as a matter of a step toward plea bargaining, where the accused will have to stipulate, on the record, to his or her actions. But if your client does admit guilt you can't let him take the stand and proclaim innocence. And the crime they admit to has to be in the past. Any present or planned criminal activity would obligate the attorney to act against the client as an officer of the court.

A good lawyer informs his client of that also. There's nothing immoral about any of that.

With respect, you aren't in a position to know that, aren't an attorney, aren't familiar with the cannon of ethics and so can't speak to it meaningfully in relation to moral law. I will tell you that some of the best Christian examples I know of are attorneys, that the rap my profession receives is mostly born out of misunderstanding or confusion of the exception with a rule and no more a faithful picture than it would be to suggest that all or most pastors are tainted because some cheat and steal and seduce parishioners. That sort of thing.

There is nothing inherent in the practice of law that requires any man to sell or debase their integrity or violate their conscience. Some men undoubtedly will, but that's true of doctors and pastors and accountants, etc.

Just because i didnt ultimately become one, that didnt keep me out of law books.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
No they weren't.

Yes they were :p

And that you would say what you did to her, including the "butthurt" shows you are not honorable.

If you say so. :idunno:

I've been here four years, and I hope and pray I haven't and won't learn how to mock like you.

:mock:newbie

but seriously, anna - stop taking this site so seriously, stop taking the other posters so seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously

let your hair down

relax

have a little fun

Somebody's posting something that makes your blood boil - calling victims cowards, speculating on conspiracy theories when children have been murdered?

Speak your piece and move on.

Otherwise?

Arthur Brain

No surprise there.

Or with anyone who knows him.

What would you call somebody who got an infraction and decided to protest by going away for six months?

Would depend on what the infraction was for and whether or not their absence was directly related/stated.

What would you call someone who advertises their departure with a prissy little speech only to resurface several months later?

:think:

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I choose my words carefully.

Not always wisely :idunno:

Oh yes, I must have forgotten what sheer bravery it takes to insult a bunch of anonymous strangers on a discussion board.

Oh the bravery of you.

My bad.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Just because i didnt ultimately become one, that didnt keep me out of law books.
With respect, anyone can read a book. A lawyer is versed in the law and process of the law and understands the relation between various aspects of the discipline, their integration and the foundation of the law by black letter. He is first weeded by introductory examination on his fitness to enter into the study, then tested on his understanding both in the classroom and, having successfully navigated that rigorous first and second weeding process is then subject to an additional and remarkably particular and difficult examination from the each state in which he desires to practice.

A lawyer who manages this is in a position to speak to the theory. Years later he can speak to the application.

Beyond that observation I've answered your understandable if mistaken assumptions on the points you raised. I don't fault you feeling the way you do and many a layman, informed to one degree or another or not, shares your impression. But it's just wrong.

Unless you give me additional specifics to respond to that's all I can tell you. I'm happy to address whatever else you'd like or to go into greater detail on anything I've already touched on if you want. Just let me know.