Who Posted?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
With respect, anyone can read a book. A lawyer is versed in the law and process of the law and understands the relation between various aspects of the discipline, their integration and the foundation of the law by black letter. He is first weeded by introductory examination on his fitness to enter into the study, then tested on his understanding both in the classroom and, having successfully navigated that rigorous first and second weeding process is then subject to an additional and remarkably particular and difficult examination from the each state in which he desires to practice.

A lawyer who manages this is in a position to speak to the theory. Years later he can speak to the application.

Beyond that observation I've answered your understandable if mistaken assumptions on the points you raised. I don't fault you feeling the way you do and many a layman, informed to one degree or another or not, shares your impression. But it's just wrong.

Unless you give me additional specifics to respond to that's all I can tell you. I'm happy to address whatever else you'd like or to go into greater detail on anything I've already touched on if you want. Just let me know.

Attorney client privilege disallows me to go into specifics, as well as privacy laws and doctor patient privilege.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He did. We differed on it. My response was to a post defaming the dead in that Colorado theater shooting, some of whom were members of the armed forces. The poster in question called them cowards. I responded that the poster was an odious object floating in the punch bowl of life. The post defaming the dead received no infraction or warning.

My objection was two fold. First, that the response wasn't needless or, in the context of the sponsoring post, disruptive. You can't disrupt someone insulting others by insulting what they've done. The point of that joke being to parallel the conduct that takes what should be a public good and makes it unpalatable and foul. That's what the poster did.

My second objection involved not being given some indication, like a warning, that would indicate a desire for me to leave the angry defamer be. I've seen far worse given far less attention. The post that defamed the dead, by way of.

"I determined to withdraw entirely until the infraction ran in July as an objection in principle"
I said that to Spectrox because I didn't want him to think I was abandoning the thread and my answer when I knew I wouldn't be around. I initially thought to withdraw until the infraction point was no longer in play, but subsequently decided that doing that would amount to punishing myself for something I didn't believe merited notice to begin with and so I altered my course accordingly.

You, on the other hand, cried like a girl who'd had her pony stolen, made a special thread and stomped off, sulking. :D That's why I found your accusations particularly amusing. You have this way of projecting that I hadn't paid sufficient attention to before, when I was for reasons that escape me now, taking you seriously.

:e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Attorney client privilege disallows me to go into specifics, as well as privacy laws and doctor patient privilege.
You don't have to go into specifics. I already said I'm sure people violate the cannon of ethics, as do people in any number of situations.

But there's nothing in the practice of law that is inherently immoral or unethical, only men who fail to act morally or ethically. And that problem is in the man, not the law or its practice.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
but seriously, anna - stop taking this site so seriously, stop taking the other posters so seriously, stop taking yourself so seriously

In other words, I shouldn't let it bother me when you bait and taunt, mock and name-call?

let your hair down

relax

have a little fun
My friends know about my sense of humor. That you don't know me well enough to know that about me is okay - and in fact, I'd like to keep it that way.

Somebody's posting something that makes your blood boil - calling victims cowards, speculating on conspiracy theories when children have been murdered?

Speak your piece and move on.
Ummm....no. If I have something to say I'll say it and say it civilly - thanks for trying to shut me down, but no.

Otherwise?
Otherwise you'll post this video ad nauseam? Let the video clucking - I mean counting - begin.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
It's advice anna, learned from over ten years here.

take it or leave it

stay and enjoy the place or rage against those who irritate you or take a break now and then

do whatever you want

like I said earlier, I'm not trying to convince anybody here :idunno:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It's advice anna, learned from over ten years here.
Wearing how many masks?

take it or leave it

stay and enjoy the place or rage against those who irritate you or take a break now and then
And be assured that when you do, if he doesn't like you, he's going to mischaracterize you doing it. :D

do whatever you want
Generous of you. :plain:

like I said earlier, I'm not trying to convince anybody here :idunno:
Oh, don't sell yourself short. I think you're doing a smashing job of convincing people, if slowly. Anna being the latest.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
anna - do you remember October 2011 when Town and I were butting heads and the whole board was in an uproar and I backed him into a corner and pounded him into silt and he slunk off butthurt for a month or so with a teary-eyed drama queen farewell?

fool said something pithy during that period when the whole board was in an uproar.

(that fool - he's nobody's fool :) )

He said, in response to somebody whining about me and Town butting heads, something to the effect of "meh - they must be having fun or they'd stop"

As long as you're having fun anna, don't stop :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
anna - do you remember October 2011 when Town and I were butting heads and the whole board was in an uproar and I backed him into a corner and pounded him into silt and he slunk off butthurt for a month or so with a teary-eyed drama queen farewell?
Are you that far into your own narrative that you think that's what actually happened?

Interesting. I don't think you are. I think this is just you trying everything. But it won't work.

I remember you misusing the Holy, stalking me to the point of infraction. I recall chrys running along like a shadow. But I also recall and left a pretty clear answer to your overall nonsense here. I'll come back and link to it at some point.

You're troubled.

fool said...in response to somebody whining about me and Town butting heads, something to the effect of "meh - they must be having fun or they'd stop"
He was wrong. I like spirited debate. I don't mind rough and tumble. What you do is something else. Not to everyone, only to those who call you on the smell of it.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
:freak:

Oh shoot - you joined right after I left April 1st

I think this was it

mugshot.jpg