Who Posted?

Arthur Brain

Whats the matter SOD? Don't like the one where you've flat out lied about TH's credentials as a lawyer? Your sig doesn't just apply to how you speak in this thread so stop being so gutless and address it.

Where it comes to this thread then take your pick of any post where you've used gossipy little snipes. There's plenty of em'.

Arthur Brain

Here's another one for you SOD

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3346505&postcount=144

The relevant portion being:

I see our friend who likes to pretend he's a lawyer has been clamoring for the attention he's so dearly missed since he sulked off butthurt and has been yammering on about consent again, so let's revisit:

TH's credentials as a lawyer have been verified already, Further, he's challenged you on it if you were willing to put your money where your gob is. So either you're deliberately lying or accusing him without foundation, none of which would be applicable to your sig. The same with the 'sulked off butthurt' garbage but just address your misrepresentation for the time being.

:thumb:

Address this SOD and stop being such a gutless wimp about it. Take responsibility for your own words and hypocrisy for once.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Address this SOD and stop being such a gutless wimp about it. Take responsibility for your own words and hypocrisy for once.
He won't. The way he uses the Holy is nothing new. He's comfortable saying anything that suits him because the first complaint he made about me when I differed with his baiting tactics is the key to understanding him. He said I was playing a game. No reason to say it, except it was the thing at the heart of who he is here and what he does. It was what he understood, so he projected it.

Sod is here to amuse himself. He's said it. There's nothing more or less to it and him than that. Dishonesty doesn't trouble him. He doesn't care.

Just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that approach can't help but generate and never, under any circumstances, take him seriously. I did that once. No idea now why. Just new to the forum scene.

Arthur Brain

He won't. The way he uses the Holy is nothing new. He's comfortable saying anything that suits him because the first complaint he made about me when I differed with his baiting tactics is the key to understanding him. He said I was playing a game. No reason to say it, except it was the thing at the heart of who he is here and what he does. It was what he understood, so he projected it.

Sod is here to amuse himself. He's said it. There's nothing more or less to it and him than that. Dishonesty doesn't trouble him. He doesn't care.

Just enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that approach can't help but generate and never, under any circumstances, take him seriously. I did that once. No idea now why. Just new to the forum scene.

:thumb:

His reticence to address the post in regards to your being a lawyer underlines all your above.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Whats wrong with a lawyer wanting to be a writer instead, it worked well for John Grissam
He's in a great position. He can and still does (or at least did a while back) practice when it suits him, take pro bono work and only field the sort of cases and clients he wants.

Nothing at all.

I'm always encouraged when people turn away from evil.
Well that's just an extremely stupid thing to say about the profession.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
artie said:
Does your sig only apply to this thread?

I heard a lot of squawking earlier about how horrible Chrys and I have been in this thread

Now that I've offered to discuss any single post of mine from this thread, the squawking has stopped. :think:

Oh sure, you're still struggling with the concept of providing a single post of mine from this thread, putting it up there so we can discuss it, but we've come to expect nothing better from you. :)

But I have hope you'll figure it out eventually, bless your little heart.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
He's in a great position. He can and still does (or at least did a while back) practice when it suits him, take pro bono work and only field the sort of cases and clients he wants.

Well that's just an extremely stupid thing to say about the profession.

Actually when it comes to criminal law, i can understand the sentiment.

I used to want to be a lawyer when i was younger - but the more i knew about criminal law, i thought there is no way i could defend someone i knew or thought was guilty and no way i could prosecute someone i knew or thought was innocent and the grey areas of both would at some point force me to either quit or compromise my own morals, there would be no other way to do the job.

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
Actually when it comes to criminal law, i can understand the sentiment.

I used to want to be a lawyer when i was younger - but the more i knew about criminal law, i thought there is no way i could defend someone i knew or thought was guilty and no way i could prosecute someone i knew or thought was innocent and the grey areas of both would at some point force me to either quit or compromise my own morals, there would be no other way to do the job.

There's a reason lawyers have the reputation they have

even among law students :chuckle:

Perceptions of Lawyers - A Transnational Study of Student Views on the Image of Law and Lawyers

Abstract:
This article reports a survey of first year law students (1Ls) on their first day of class in the United States, England, Scotland, Germany, Australia, and Argentina. The survey asked about the 1L's opinions of the prestige and honor of lawyers and whether lawyers deserve their incomes. It revealed that 1Ls had quite low opinions about whether lawyers were honorable, sometimes lower than the opinions held by the general public.