ECT Who is saved?

Right Divider

Body part
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

I'm curious where you see it preached to the Jew first.
Firstly, you need to use a real Bible. One that does not have words removed from it.

Rom 1:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Here Paul is talking about the gospel of Christ, which was preached to the Jew first.

The first time, Apostles:
Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Now we know that when they were "baptized with the Holy Spirit" they received Him directly from God with evidence by the speaking in tongues.

The second time, Cornelius:
Acts 11:15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
Again He was directly from God and evidenced by speaking in tongues.

I know of no other cases where people received the Holy Spirit this way nor told of being baptized with the Holy Spirit.
I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Being baptized WITH the Holy Spirit has to do with receiving power to do the supernatural. Being baptized BY the Holy Spirit is how one gets into the body of Christ.

Neither has anything to do with water.

All part of God's plan to get the gospel out.
Acts 2:15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’
It all had to do with Israel and their prophesied kingdom.

Please go back and read the book of Joel in its context. It's all about Israel.

Joel 2:27-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:27) And ye shall know that I [am] in the midst of Israel, and [that] I [am] the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. (2:28) ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (2:29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (2:30) And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. (2:31) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

"my people" refers to the nation of Israel (which is also implied by "the LORD your God").

You might also want to some research into the remnant of Israel.

Joel 3:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:1) For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, (3:2) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Joel 3:15-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:15) The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. (3:16) The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [will be] the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. (3:17) So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more. (3:18) ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim. (3:19) Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence [against] the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land. (3:20) But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. (3:21) For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

God is not done with His people that He separated from the other nations. The dispensation of the grace of God is a "break in the action" from His prophesied plans for the earth through Israel.

Right Divider

Body part
How does someone get seated?
Believe the gospel of your salvation.

Eph 1:12-14 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:12) That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. (1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

God's Truth

Firstly, you need to use a real Bible. One that does not have words removed from it.

Rom 1:16 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Here Paul is talking about the gospel of Christ, which was preached to the Jew first.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. Being baptized WITH the Holy Spirit has to do with receiving power to do the supernatural. Being baptized BY the Holy Spirit is how one gets into the body of Christ.

It all had to do with Israel and their prophesied kingdom.

Please go back and read the book of Joel in its context. It's all about Israel.

Joel 2:27-32 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:27) And ye shall know that I [am] in the midst of Israel, and [that] I [am] the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed. (2:28) ¶ And it shall come to pass afterward, [that] I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: (2:29) And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (2:30) And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. (2:31) The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. (2:32) And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

"my people" refers to the nation of Israel (which is also implied by "the LORD your God").

You might also want to some research into the remnant of Israel.

Joel 3:1-2 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:1) For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, (3:2) I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and [for] my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

Joel 3:15-21 (AKJV/PCE)
(3:15) The sun and the moon shall be darkened, and the stars shall withdraw their shining. (3:16) The LORD also shall roar out of Zion, and utter his voice from Jerusalem; and the heavens and the earth shall shake: but the LORD [will be] the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel. (3:17) So shall ye know that I [am] the LORD your God dwelling in Zion, my holy mountain: then shall Jerusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers pass through her any more. (3:18) ¶ And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the mountains shall drop down new wine, and the hills shall flow with milk, and all the rivers of Judah shall flow with waters, and a fountain shall come forth of the house of the LORD, and shall water the valley of Shittim. (3:19) Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wilderness, for the violence [against] the children of Judah, because they have shed innocent blood in their land. (3:20) But Judah shall dwell for ever, and Jerusalem from generation to generation. (3:21) For I will cleanse their blood [that] I have not cleansed: for the LORD dwelleth in Zion.

God is not done with His people that He separated from the other nations. The dispensation of the grace of God is a "break in the action" from His prophesied plans for the earth through Israel.

Water baptism is obeying. We have to obey. Turbo is wrong when he says a person is not saved until after they are water baptized, because the Bible shows us that some are saved before it.

However, you are wrong. God does no longer consider someone by their blood relations to Abraham anymore.

Believe John !:13.

turbosixx

When was it first preached to the Jews?

Right Divider

Body part
Water baptism is obeying. We have to obey. Turbo is wrong when he says a person is not saved until after they are water baptized, because the Bible shows us that some are saved before it.

However, you are wrong. God does no longer consider someone by their blood relations to Abraham anymore.

Believe John !:13.
:juggle:

Just keep on juggling the Word of God instead of believing it.

turbosixx

My point is, people confuse the two. The first is without water but the second is not.

I know you're going to use 1 Cor. 12:13 but I don't see that is without water. It's obvious the Corinthians were water baptized in the name of Jesus. When people believe and are baptized in the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit adds them to the church. Like we see here.

Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
The Spirit adds the souls of those who are saved.

If the Spirit does the adding at belief, then this doesn't make sense?
Acts 19:2 And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”

Now I believe he's talking about Spiritual gifts but look at his next question.
19:3 And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.”
If the Holy Spirit does the baptizing at belief, why would he ask this question?

Right Divider

Body part
My point is, people confuse the two. The first is without water but the second is not.
That is complete untrue.

I know you're going to use 1 Cor. 12:13 but I don't see that is without water. It's obvious the Corinthians were water baptized in the name of Jesus. When people believe and are baptized in the name of Jesus, the Holy Spirit adds them to the church. Like we see here.
Of course I'm going to use that scripture, because it's true. We, the body of Christ, get baptized BY the Holy Spirit into the body without one drop of water.

You do know that God makes His will known progressively, right? Water baptism is completely and totally related to Israel and their priesthood.

Acts 2:41 So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls.
The Spirit adds the souls of those who are saved.
Acts 1-5 is completely and totally related to Israel. I know that you and millions of others want to be a part of that and drag it into what God is doing today, but it's not what God is doing today.

If you really believed that you'd sell all that you have and live communally with those people, just like those in Acts 2.

Don't you find this wording strange:
Acts 2:47 (AKJV/PCE)
(2:47) Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

"Such as should be saved"? It's clearly looking to the future.

If the Spirit does the adding at belief, then this doesn't make sense?
Acts 19:2 And he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” And they said, “No, we have not even heard that there is a Holy Spirit.”
Once again.... wrong dispensation of God.

Now I believe he's talking about Spiritual gifts but look at his next question.
19:3 And he said, “Into what then were you baptized?” They said, “Into John's baptism.”
If the Holy Spirit does the baptizing at belief, why would he ask this question?
Once again.... wrong dispensation of God.

Danoh

The question "what happens when a person is saved" was not asking what the person must do in order to be saved, but to ask what changes (if any) happen within a person when they are saved? In other words what is the difference between a person who is not saved and a person who is saved?

Romans 5:1 happens.

After which Romans 6 is called for. And Romans 12, etc.

Meaning, the one change - from eternal death to eternal life - does not mean the other change - life in this mortal flesh - is also an automatic - it is not - or there would have been no need to write chapters like Romans 6 and Romans 12 to obviously Spirit indwelt Believers, of the need to "be filled with the Spirit" Eph. 5:18, which is actually a reference to Col. 1:9.

Acts 17:11, 12.

Danoh

Are you a Bible Christian? If so the Scriptures are your sole authority and source of God's revelation. You cannot simply exclude Matthew's gospel on your own authority.

Try that with the various diets given in Scripture - the vegan one given Adam, in Genesis 2; the meat based one given Noah, in Genesis 11; the restricted one as to certain meats given Israel, in Leviticus 13; and the none at all given the Body, per 1 Tim. 4..

This is what the Dispy takes the sense of 2 Tim. 2:15-18 to be an example of.

Or as the Lord Himself put that...

Luke 12:42 And the Lord said, Who then is that faithful and wise steward, whom his lord shall make ruler over his household, to give them their portion of meat in due season?

These issues are all "seasonal" one cannot simply go by them just because they are in Scripture.

Acts 17:11,12.

Danoh

A word to the wise...on the actual sense of "should be" in passages like the following...

Mark 3:14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,

Acts 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

Romans 7:4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

In each, the sense is not of some yet future event, but is in fact in each, a present result of a past action.

And there are other examples like that; for the word "should" has different uses.

Acts 17:11,12.

God's Truth

Who was the Lord sent to in Matthew?

Paul says to the Jews first then Gentiles.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.

Romans 2:9
There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile;

Acts 3:26
When God raised up His servant, He sent Him first to you to bless you by turning each of you from your wicked ways."

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Jesus came first to those who already belonged to God by faith.

They were God's and God gave them to Jesus, they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

Jesus said he came for those who already belonged to God, the lost sheep of Israel, but when he is crucified, then all could come to him to be saved.

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

God's Truth

Romans 5:1 happens.

After which Romans 6 is called for. And Romans 12, etc.

Meaning, the one change - from eternal death to eternal life - does not mean the other change - life in this mortal flesh - is also an automatic - it is not - or there would have been no need to write chapters like Romans 6 and Romans 12 to obviously Spirit indwelt Believers, of the need to "be filled with the Spirit" Eph. 5:18, which is actually a reference to Col. 1:9.

Acts 17:11, 12.

No one will be filled with the Holy Spirit until they do what Jesus says and he says to do more than just believe.

God's Truth

:juggle:

Just keep on juggling the Word of God instead of believing it.

It is not juggling it is the truth.

There is no such other gospel that says never mind about all that obeying God the Father spoke of and Jesus Christ and his apostles, cuz Paul has something better just burn all that other stuff and everyone who doesn't believe. We only have to believe.

Unbelievable.

glorydaz

It makes it really difficult to expect much inteligence from any of them.

This is what they are ever going on about whenever they go on about Paul's "the gospel of OUR salvation."

Another clue to their cluelessness

They are, one confused lot.

If a person can read this post and not see the animosity of this particular poster....therefore the bias, they will still find it nearly impossible to follow his non-stop self glorifying commentary which mixes his own rambling thoughts with his personal distaste for other posters on this board.

He's quite the show here on TOL :popcorn:

glorydaz

It is not juggling it is the truth.

There is no such other gospel that says never mind about all that obeying God the Father spoke of and Jesus Christ and his apostles, cuz Paul has something better just burn all that other stuff and everyone who doesn't believe. We only have to believe.

Unbelievable.

Oh, you haven't heard the Good News? :jawdrop:

Salvation is A GIFT FROM GOD.

Believe it and receive it.....or......reject it and die in your sins.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

God's Truth

Oh, you haven't heard the Good News? :jawdrop:

Salvation is A GIFT FROM GOD.

Believe it and receive it.....or......reject it and die in your sins.

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:​

No such other gospel.