ECT Who is saved?

DAN P

If this is the case, please show me with Holy Spirit inspired examples of conversion found in the bible.

Hi and the first one saved by GRACE is Paul in Acts 9:6 !~

Another verse is in Gal 1:15 where Paul was separated from mother's womb !!

Another one is in Acts 16:14 ??

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
Webster does is all the time.
Grace - (in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.
I have no idea what this dodge is supposed to accomplish.

Please quote me scripture where Jesus was preaching the gospel of the grace of God and we'll discuss them.

But I'm looking for your definition.

Maybe we can try this. What does the grace of God do for a sinner?
Many things, even without getting wet.

turbosixx

However, the scope of Jesus' ministry was to the lost sheep of the house of Israel only.
Yes, the gospel was for the Jew first then the Gentile.

Since Jesus told them to baptize we could ask what form was that baptism, for both John and Jesus foretold that John's baptism, that is water baptism, would be replaced by the baptism that Jesus Christ would institute, namely the baptism in holy spirit. Acts 1:5,8
I would suggest that is not he case. Look at what the BIBLE calls baptism with the Holy Spirit that John mentions. You will see it only happened twice and in each case it was a special situation.

The law included the law specifically to Jesus Christ, even as certain laws were specifically to priests, high priests, husbands, wives, children, etc.

Those on Pentecost, where they saved by the law or the gospel or something else?

turbosixx

Please quote me scripture where Jesus was preaching the gospel of the grace of God and we'll discuss them.

We still haven't come to an understanding of what is the grace of God. All you have told me thus far that I can understand is we are saved by grace through faith. I agree with that 100%. What does that mean?

Right Divider

Body part
Yes, the gospel was for the Jew first then the Gentile.
The gospel of the kingdom, yes.

I would suggest that is not he case. Look at what the BIBLE calls baptism with the Holy Spirit that John mentions. You will see it only happened twice and in each case it was a special situation.
Chapter and verse please.

Those on Pentecost, where they saved by the law or the gospel or something else?
Pentecost is a feast day required by law (Lev 23).

Last edited:

Danoh

I agree.

I agree.

I always agree with Paul.

This is the part I'm struggling with. You still haven't given me a simple definition as to what is the grace of God. From my understanding, your above comment is incorrect. That's why it might help me if I knew what grace of God means to you.

You're failing to see that he is erroneously asserting that Paul preached two gospels of grace - one supposedly before Acts 28, which he and his pals on here erroneously refer to as "A dispensation of the gospel" - and another supposedly after Acts 28 - which he and his pals on here erroneously refer to as "THE dispensation of the gospel of God."

Talk about poor reading fundamentals.

It makes it really difficult to expect much inteligence from any of them.

This is what they are ever going on about whenever they go on about Paul's "the gospel of OUR salvation."

In other words, not only do you have to discern what actual MAD asserts about one thing or another, but somehow also have to navigate between that and the so called "MAD" of such :chuckle:

This latter of the two is forever going on about. 1 Cor. 15 and Eph. 2 and 3.

Another clue to their cluelessness is both their erroneous assertion that the Romans were not saved before Paul wrote Romans to them; that the "Jew" in Romans 2 is actually the Romans Paul is writimg to; that the Mystery of Romans 16, is not the same as that of Eph. 3; and so on.

They are, one confused lot.

Rom. 5:8.

Right Divider

Body part
You're failing to see that he is erroneously asserting that Paul preached two gospels of grace - one supposedly before Acts 28, which he and his pals on here erroneously refer to as "A dispensation of the gospel" - and another supposedly after Acts 28 - which he and his pals on here erroneously refer to as "THE dispensation of the gospel of God."
You're a liar Danoh.

Danoh

We still haven't come to an understanding of what is the grace of God. All you have told me thus far that I can understand is we are saved by grace through faith. I agree with that 100%. What does that mean?

As one actual Mid-Acts Pastor-Teacher is often fond of putting it - "Grace is all that God is free to do for you to His Son's glory, on the basis of the finished work of the Cross."

Because...Rom. 5:8.

turbosixx

The gospel the kingdom, yes.
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.

I'm curious where you see it preached to the Jew first.

Chapter and verse please.
The first time, Apostles:
Acts 1:4 And while staying with them he ordered them not to depart from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise of the Father, which, he said, “you heard from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”
Now we know that when they were "baptized with the Holy Spirit" they received Him directly from God with evidence by the speaking in tongues.

The second time, Cornelius:
Acts 11:15 As I began to speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them just as on us at the beginning. 16 And I remembered the word of the Lord, how he said, ‘John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit.’
Again He was directly from God and evidenced by speaking in tongues.

I know of no other cases where people received the Holy Spirit this way nor told of being baptized with the Holy Spirit.

Pentecost is a feast day required by law (Lev 23).
All part of God's plan to get the gospel out.
Acts 2:15 For these people are not drunk, as you suppose, since it is only the third hour of the day. 16 But this is what was uttered through the prophet Joel:
“‘And in the last days it shall be, God declares,
that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh,
and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
and your young men shall see visions,
and your old men shall dream dreams;
18 even on my male servants and female servants
in those days I will pour out my Spirit, and they shall prophesy.
19 And I will show wonders in the heavens above
and signs on the earth below,
blood, and fire, and vapor of smoke;
20 the sun shall be turned to darkness
and the moon to blood,
before the day of the Lord comes, the great and magnificent day.
21 And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.’

Danoh

Turbo - Paul's "to the Jew first" in Romans, is a historical reference; Romans 2 and 3; Romans 9-11.

Rom. 5:8.

Patrick Cronin

The question "what happens when a person is saved" was not asking what the person must do in order to be saved, but to ask what changes (if any) happen within a person when they are saved? In other words what is the difference between a person who is not saved and a person who is saved?

Patrick Cronin

Are you a Bible Christian? If so the Scriptures are your sole authority and source of God's revelation. You cannot simply exclude Matthew's gospel on your own authority.

God's Truth

He is pleased to save those who

1. Confess with the mouth the lord Jesus

2. Believe in their heart that God raised him from the dead

One has to obey and confess and repent of those sins. You can't get out of it. You have to obey to be saved. Obeying isn't evil as you have twisted it to be.

God's Truth

The question "what happens when a person is saved" was not asking what the person must do in order to be saved, but to ask what changes (if any) happen within a person when they are saved? In other words what is the difference between a person who is not saved and a person who is saved?

A person has to obey to stay saved; however, a person doesn't even get saved and enter the kingdom of heaven, Jesus Christ, unless they prepare their heart for him, and they do that by repenting of their sins.