when did Peter use the keys to the Kingdom of Heaven ?

glorydaz

Earthly gospel? What does that mean?
I didn't say "earthly gospel", did I?

The gospel of the Kingdom is in answer to the earthly promises made to the Fathers.
Christ will sit upon the Throne of David in Jerusalem. Prophecy tells you all about it.

Look at Jerusalem. They have returned to their homeland after 2000 years, and it's all right there in the prophets.

glorydaz

Jesus' teachings on salvation and eternal life.
You know, the gospel.
It is written..."And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world." (John 4:42)
It is written..."Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24)
It is written..."And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day." (John 6:40)

There are many more, but I have been reading John most recently.
Yep, that's all the Kingdom Gospel. Given to the Jews. Not to you.

glorydaz

Why is then that it pertains to me?
Belief.
Eternal life being the results thereof.
Is Jesus not your Savior too?

Jesus didn't come for you. He came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Certain things were expected of the Jews, and certain promises were given to the Jews. Those things are not for us.

Later, after the cross, the Risen Lord appeared to Paul and revealed to him the free gift of salvation for the gentiles.

Derf

I didn't say "earthly gospel", did I?

The gospel of the Kingdom is in answer to the earthly promises made to the Fathers.
Christ will sit upon the Throne of David in Jerusalem. Prophecy tells you all about it.

Look at Jerusalem. They have returned to their homeland after 2000 years, and it's all right there in the prophets.
Why is a "promise made" a gospel? Didn't God promise Adam he would die if he sinned in the garden? But that was bad news, not good.

Derf

Jesus didn't come for you. He came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Certain things were expected of the Jews, and certain promises were given to the Jews. Those things are not for us.

Later, after the cross, the Risen Lord appeared to Paul and revealed to him the free gift of salvation for the gentiles.
How could Jesus die for our sins if he didn't also come for us?
John 10:16 (KJV)
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

glorydaz

Why is a "promise made" a gospel? Didn't God promise Adam he would die if he sinned in the garden? But that was bad news, not good.
Gospel means good news. You know that. When a promise is coming in, then it's good news being announced.

Hoping

Banned
Jesus didn't come for you.
He came for all of us.
If He didn't come for me, who did?
Paul?
Is Paul my Savior?
Did Paul suffer and die for my sins?
Was Paul resurrected from the dead?
He came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Certain things were expected of the Jews, and certain promises were given to the Jews. Those things are not for us.
For instance?
The gift of salvation had already been given unto the Gentiles, starting with Cornelius, his kinsmen, and near friends. (Acts 10:24)
Paul was a "day late and a dollar short" of being the first.
The folks at Samaria preceded even that.

glorydaz

How could Jesus die for our sins if he didn't also come for us?
John 10:16 (KJV)
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Jesus died for the sins of the world.

He came as a minister of the circumcision (Jews) to confirm the promises to the fathers. Then He appointed Paul to minister to the Gentiles.
  • Romans 15:8
    Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

• Romans 15:16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

glorydaz

He came for all of us.

No, He didn't. What does the Bible say?

• Matthew 10:6
    But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

• Matthew 15:24
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
If He didn't come for me, who did?
Paul?
Is Paul my Savior?
Did Paul suffer and die for my sins?
Was Paul resurrected from the dead?

Jesus Christ came to the Jews to preach the gospel of the Kingdom.
He didn't come to preach the Kingdom on earth to anyone but the Jews.

THEN, after He was crucified and rose from the dead and had ascended into heaven, He appointed Paul, a chosen vessel, to preach the gospel of grace to the gentiles. Paul is our apostle. He teaches us everything the Risen Lord revealed to him, and so it's the RISEN LORD'S words that we are to heed.

No need to be glib about suggesting anyone thinks Paul was anything but God's messenger.
For instance?

The gift of salvation had already been given unto the Gentiles, starting with Cornelius, his kinsmen, and near friends. (Acts 10:24)
Paul was a "day late and a dollar short" of being the first.
The folks at Samaria preceded even that.
Cornelius was saved under the Kingdom gospel...which required works of righteousness as well as faith. Besides which, he (they) would all have to endure to be saved. They also had to keep the other points of the law. IF you forgive, you'll be forgiven. etc.

Cornelius, nor the apostles were saved under Paul's gospel, but were Kingdom believers.

Nothing was required or allowed to be added to Christ's work on the cross under Paul's gospel.

Hoping

Banned
No, He didn't. What does the Bible say?
  • Matthew 10:6
    But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
  • Matthew 15:24
    But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
The land of Israel was indeed Jesus' primary mission, but as you posted to Derf in your last post..."Jesus died for the sins of the world."
To ignore your own words only creates division.
Jesus Christ came to the Jews to preach the gospel of the Kingdom.
He didn't come to preach the Kingdom on earth to anyone but the Jews.
It seems to me that He preached "belief in Him" to pretty much everyone He met.
Romans, Samaritans, and even Greeks.
THEN, after He was crucified and rose from the dead and had ascended into heaven, He appointed Paul, a chosen vessel, to preach the gospel of grace to the gentiles. Paul is our apostle. He teaches us everything the Risen Lord revealed to him, and so it's the RISEN LORD'S words that we are to heed.
Do you mean the "gospel of the grace of God"?
Your sect omits God from it's title...for some reason.
Why?
All the apostles are "MY" apostles, as they all taught the same thing...faith in God.
Jesus taught it to the Jews, and His apostles followed suit with the entire world.
Just as Paul did.
Here is what Paul taught to the Corinthians..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"
No need to be glib about suggesting anyone thinks Paul was anything but God's messenger.
Just as all the other apostles were.
Cornelius was saved under the Kingdom gospel...which required works of righteousness as well as faith. Besides which, he (they) would all have to endure to be saved. They also had to keep the other points of the law. IF you forgive, you'll be forgiven. etc.
I don't know, faith in God seems to be what will save him.
If he ends up in the kingdom, he will indeed have been saved.
Cornelius, nor the apostles were saved under Paul's gospel, but were Kingdom believers.
Believers nonetheless.
By the grace of God, Jesus came to deliver us from evil.
By the grace of God He conquered sin while in the flesh.
I think you are trying to start your own religion.
Nothing was required or allowed to be added to Christ's work on the cross under Paul's gospel.
What else could be added to it?
Faith?
Manifestations of the life and death of the Lord on earth?
Loving God with all our might?
Loving our neighbors as we love ourselves?
Those things are not "added", they are the result of belief.
Those who don't do those things don't have the faith Paul and the other apostles preached about.

Derf

Gospel means good news. You know that. When a promise is coming in, then it's good news being announced.
But it wasn't there. And it could be delayed. The first good news was when Jesus arrived on the scene.
Luke 2:10 (KJV) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings (gospel) of great joy, which shall be to all people.

But why was it good news? Because it was the first step God was taking towards salvation.
Luke 2:11 (KJV) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

glorydaz

The land of Israel was indeed Jesus' primary mission, but as you posted to Derf in your last post..."Jesus died for the sins of the world."
To ignore your own words only creates division.

It seems to me that He preached "belief in Him" to pretty much everyone He met.
Romans, Samaritans, and even Greeks.

Do you mean the "gospel of the grace of God"?
Your sect omits God from it's title...for some reason.
Why?
All the apostles are "MY" apostles, as they all taught the same thing...faith in God.
Jesus taught it to the Jews, and His apostles followed suit with the entire world.
Just as Paul did.
Here is what Paul taught to the Corinthians..."Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;
2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;
4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:"

Just as all the other apostles were.

I don't know, faith in God seems to be what will save him.
If he ends up in the kingdom, he will indeed have been saved.

Believers nonetheless.
By the grace of God, Jesus came to deliver us from evil.
By the grace of God He conquered sin while in the flesh.
I think you are trying to start your own religion.

What else could be added to it?
Faith?
Manifestations of the life and death of the Lord on earth?
Loving God with all our might?
Loving our neighbors as we love ourselves?
Those things are not "added", they are the result of belief.
Those who don't do those things don't have the faith Paul and the other apostles preached about.
My "sect" you say. Clearly you have zero spiritual understanding.

When someone like this crosses your path, brothers, you know the enemy is reaching to the bottom of the barrel.

glorydaz

But it wasn't there. And it could be delayed. The first good news was when Jesus arrived on the scene.
Luke 2:10 (KJV) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings (gospel) of great joy, which shall be to all people.

But why was it good news? Because it was the first step God was taking towards salvation.
Luke 2:11 (KJV) For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Exactly, and that was the beginning of the Gospel of the Kingdom. That baby was the promised King come to sit on David's Throne.

Matt. 2:1-2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

It was delayed because the Jews rejected their King when He came. But, He will come back and sit on that throne once the times of the gentiles be full.

Peter and the other Jewish believers were waiting for His return in glory.

Right Divider

Body part
Exactly, and that was the beginning of the Gospel of the Kingdom. That baby was the promised King come to sit on David's Throne.

Matt. 2:1-2 Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.

It was delayed because the Jews rejected their King when He came. But, He will come back and sit on that throne once the times of the gentiles be full.

This passage has some great info:

Luke 1:67-79 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:67) And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, (1:68) Blessed [be] the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, (1:69) And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; (1:70) As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: (1:71) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; (1:72) To perform the mercy [promised] to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; (1:73) The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, (1:74) That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, (1:75) In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. (1:76) And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; (1:77) To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, (1:78) Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, (1:79) To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Derf

Just because they were expecting one kind of salvation, doesn't mean God wasn't planning the other kind.
Luke 2:10 (KJV) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

Luke 17:20 (KJV)
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

James 2:5 (KJV)
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

glorydaz

Just because they were expecting one kind of salvation, doesn't mean God wasn't planning the other kind.
Luke 2:10 (KJV) And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

The Jews were to go to the gentiles after the Kingdom was set up. Turned out it was a Jew that was sent to the gentiles. That being the Apostle Paul, so the scripture is true just not the way you seem to think.
Luke 17:20 (KJV)
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
You should look at the whole context. First the Pharisees were demanding to know something, and the Lord is famous for throwing them curve balls. Even so, what He tells the disciples is not clear to me, either. You tell me.

20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
22 And he said unto the disciples, The days will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

James 2:5 (KJV)
Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?

Yep, the Kingdom was promised to the Jews in their recognition of their Messiah.

Hoping

Banned
My "sect" you say. Clearly you have zero spiritual understanding.
Is that because my questions thwart your POV?
Or because they have no answers that fortify your POV?
When someone like this crosses your path, brothers, you know the enemy is reaching to the bottom of the barrel.
If you don't have satisfactory answers to my questions, perhaps you can point me toward someone who does.

Hoping

Banned
This passage has some great info:

Luke 1:67-79 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:67) And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying, (1:68) Blessed [be] the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people, (1:69) And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David; (1:70) As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began: (1:71) That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us; (1:72) To perform the mercy [promised] to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant; (1:73) The oath which he sware to our father Abraham, (1:74) That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear, (1:75) In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life. (1:76) And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; (1:77) To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, (1:78) Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, (1:79) To give light to them that sit in darkness and [in] the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
I love those words given to Zacharias by the Holy Ghost.
They meant so much to me, while I sat in darkness.
To the glory of God, I now walk in the light.

Hoping

Banned
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
I am surprised you don't call that "the gospel of the shepherds".