ECT What is the true root objection to MAD?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So from this you also conclude that Jesus wasn't good?

Why are you trying to change the subject. I asked how to enter eternal life. He said keep the commandments. And you try and derail the topic. Jesus is God, and therefore good.

Jesus was responding from a viewpoint that he was a good teacher, not the savior, which appeared to be the perception of the rich young ruler.

No. What must I do to enter into life? Keep the commandments. Deal with it you filthy weasel. Let you be accursed.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus was responding from a viewpoint that he was a good teacher, not the savior, which appeared to be the perception of the rich young ruler. However, if the young ruler wanted to be perfect, he needed to follow Jesus, the perfecter.
including selling out!

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Why do people always conveniently leave that out? Why haven't you sold out? You claim M, M, L and John are to you so why not?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
including selling out!

Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.

Why do people always conveniently leave that out? Why haven't you sold out? You claim M, M, L and John are to you so why not?

Christians hear the voice of Jesus and do as He says.

Madists claim to follow Paul and yet obey nothing he said at all.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think there are no rules regarding salvation?

I believe I answered that at the beginning of our conversation. Salvation is a relationship.

Would you ignore your father's instructions because you prefer to "steer clear" off rules in favor of relationship?
Instructions are not rules. Not necessarily. Every relationship and every situation is different. This would depend on the exact nature of the situation. I wouldn't follow rules just because they are rules. That's because I am free. I know that in some families it is customary to have house rules. The younger the children are the more likely it is to have these. We have never seen a need for them. Rules in a household imply that those subject to them have become objects rather than family members. The rules treat each person the same whereas in family we like to each have our own identity and to contribute to family life as the individuals we are. We encourage our children to be themselves and to grow with self-discipline. Rules do not contribute to self-discipline. And they create a lot of tension. If someone does something wrong in our household s/he is had words with that are directed to the person and the situation. This causes growth. Rules only make you feel a failure.

And when I say "ignore," that does not mean break. Would you say the rules did not exist?
No. Just that rules are not helpful, especially to the elect because the elect are not subject to rules as they are sons.

Not at all. The rules are merely a tool to lead people into the relationship.

I am "fixated" on the rules because liberals tear down good ones and erect their own.
I see two contradictory attitudes here. If rules are merely a tool, then it doesn't matter if they are not adhered to. Surely a good reason to follow rules is if rules are good in themselves, not because someone else has bad rules.

There is nothing wrong with a good set of rules.
This depends on the context and the implications. The law of Moses was and is good. But this doesn't mean that it is binding or that anyone should follow it slavishly. The children of the king are exempt from the law because they are family. The law is for the masses who have no direct relationship with the king and who need to be kept in order. The law is good for things like that. But for those who are family, who already work according to a different principle, the law is unnecessary.

If I sounded like a Calvinist, would that make everything I've said wrong?

I just wondered why you thought that believing plays no part in salvation?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wrong.

Performance gets you nowhere with God. The flesh profits nothing.
Disciplining the flesh softens our hearts towards God, and this is what Madism fights against. There is a purpose in living a godly christian life, but this purpose is not to win brownie points with God, but to rather to be a faith filled, loving, gentle, compassionate witness, and a useful brother or sister in Christ for the gospel's sake.

Like you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
including selling out!

True!

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Christians hear the voice of Jesus and do as He says.

Madists claim to follow Paul and yet obey nothing he said at all.

Eph 5:1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children;
Eph 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Eph 5:6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Eph 5:7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
Eph 5:8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Do you hear the, "audible voice" of Christ? God speaks through His
written word today! The Bible is a Holy and Spiritual Book used by
the Holy Spirit to spread the "Grace Message!" I wonder about
people who claim to hear 'audible voices' its called, "doubt?"

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can't even identify what is the gospel of your salvation. You disqualify yourself as someone who knows what they're talking about.

He has been shown enough. he ought to know.

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 King James Version (KJV)

1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

IMJerusha

You can't even identify what is the gospel of your salvation. You disqualify yourself as someone who knows what they're talking about.

So, TYPOV, anyone who doesn't subscribe to division of the Body of Yeshua and indeed, Yeshua Himself, is not a believer.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Unbelievable.
It always amazes me how madists can ignore all the hateful comments by madists, but jump on anything regarded as insincere from those who oppose.
I don't know where you have been, but Nang has dished out hateful comments since she's been here.
She uses the same insulting words that others use, AFTER she reports them for using the word.
She has made sexual vulgar comments about others spouses, but complains when someone makes a comment about her spouse.

She didn't have to respond to any insult with an insult. But she chooses to do so, even after she complains about folks that resort to name calling instead of just staying on topic.
She, herself, DOES what she complains that others do.

IMJerusha

I don't know where you have been, but Nang has dished out hateful comments since she's been here.
She uses the same insulting words that others use, AFTER she reports them for using the word.
She has made sexual vulgar comments about others spouses, but complains when someone makes a comment about her spouse.

She didn't have to respond to any insult with an insult. But she chooses to do so, even after she complains about folks that resort to name calling instead of just staying on topic.
She, herself, DOES what she complains that others do.

Why do you feel you need to justify Knight's action?