What is the Gospel?

Danoh

Why won't you acknowledge the truth that people had to obey God or get punished?

I have to admire you ever being so willing to repeatedly take the abuse you take from those who feel the need to spit on you in their supposed defence of this ever grace-less "gospel of the grace of God" of theirs.

But now I've merely set off their very hypocrisy once more.

Stand your ground, GT - until you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise.

For whatever position is not comprised of a position actually believed in, is sin.

I say that full well aware that you and I do not hold to a same understanding on eternal life.

But we are each where we presently are...until we are not.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 in your stead, GT.

Would that were your understanding and belief in the same way I hold to it.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Til then - Romans 5:6-8 towards you.

glorydaz

I have to admire you ever being so willing to repeatedly take the abuse you take from those who feel the need to spit on you in their supposed defence of this ever grace-less "gospel of the grace of God" of theirs.

You admire those who preach a false gospel?

That's not what Paul tells us to do. :nono:

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.​

Danoh

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.​

That was NOT what I said I admired.

Here, try this Study Principle - "Things that are DIFFERENT are NOT the same."

:chuckle:

And Rom. 5:6-8.

God's Truth

But now I've merely set off their very hypocrisy once more.

Thank you, Danoh. I am glad that you have tried, and continue to rebuke them as you have about their treatment of me.

Stand your ground, GT - until you are fully persuaded in your own mind otherwise.
I have been fully persuaded many years now.
It would be good if I could persuade you.

For whatever position is not comprised of a position actually believed in, is sin.

I say that full well aware that you and I do not hold to a same understanding on eternal life.
How do you think that we differ on eternal life?

But we are each where we presently are...until we are not.

In memory of Rom. 5:6-8 in your stead, GT.

Paul was speaking to the ungodly Gentiles, they were ungodly because they did not obey God and do the purification works; they were without God in the world, they were 'unclean', 'ungodly', and 'enemies' of God because they did not come into the covenant and do the purification/ceremonial work. God saved them without making them get circumcised, circumcised as the obedient Jews were.

Ephesians 2:11 Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)— 12 remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world. 13 But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.

Colossians 2:13 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins,

Did you read that?

They were ENEMIES because they did not obey and come into the covenant with God by getting circumcised in the flesh.

Would that were your understanding and belief in the same way I hold to it.

If you would only consider with a humble heart.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham were justified by works, he hath whereof to glory; but not before God. 4:3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness. 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt. 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

Listen carefully, the works Paul is speaking about, in which Abraham was not justified, but still had to do, it was circumcision.

Paul is not saying Abraham was not justified by obeying God. Paul is saying Abraham was justified before circumcision, circumcision is a work that was part of the ceremonial/purification works of the law.

I can prove it to you easily, if you are willing. Just read a little further from the scriptures you gave in Romans 4.

Romans 4:11 And he received circumcision as a sign, a seal of the righteousness that he had by faith while he was still uncircumcised. So then, he is the father of all who believe but have not been circumcised, in order that righteousness might be credited to them.

Did you see it?
It is not justification by obedience versus faith without obedience.
It is justification by believing and obedience to God without cleaning oneself by getting circumcised versus doing the ceremonial/purification works which circumcision is the seal.

God's Truth

:chuckle:

And Rom. 5:6-8.

How does she do that? Something I would not think is a character reminiscent of Christ; far from it.

God's Truth

Explain what this means: It goes far beyond "everybody sins".

How does it go "far beyond" sins?
Non-Catholic non-Protestant Christian.

Nihilo,

The Catholics say they can't even say they are saved you are saved.

Who are they to be able to tell you anyway?

Jesus literally lives in the heart of the one he saves.

Tell me you would need the Catholic denomination after having God Himself in you.

glorydaz

Ah, so you admire her willingness to take the "abuse" (cursings) she receives while she continues to preach her false gospel. You're encouraging her in what deserves to be cursed.

Her gospel is NOT THE SAME as Paul's Gospel....those are the "Things that are DIFFERENT."

You attack those who preach the Gospel of Grace and encourage those who preach against it. I'm not sure what you find to chuckle about in that. :think:

glorydaz

We were talking about eternal life being something esteemed in the old testament times.

Did the Jews know about an eternal life?

Yes or no.

I don't think that was what you were talking about. You were talking about whether the Jews thought they would receive eternal life because they gave sacrifices or partook of the rites and ceremonies. They didn't.... understanding it was temporal.

However, eternal life was not an unknown thing.

Daniel 12:2
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.​

Danoh

Ah, so you admire her willingness to take the "abuse" (cursings) she receives while she continues to preach her false gospel. You're encouraging her in what deserves to be cursed.

Her gospel is NOT THE SAME as Paul's Gospel....those are the "Things that are DIFFERENT."

You attack those who preach the Gospel of Grace and encourage those who preach against it. I'm not sure what you find to chuckle about in that. :think:

As if I am calling out anyone who preaches the GOSPEL of the grace of GOD.

I am calling out how you and your pals spit on, and continually spit, on anyone who does not hold our views on "the gospel of the GRACE of God."

Where is "the GRACE"?

You are each either that entrenched in your double-standard that you can not see that it is that, that I am actually calling out, or you are each that willfully dense, or both.

And yes, I find that humorous, at the same time, that it find it shameful.

Like that back and forth comedy of errors by you and your pals with that newbie, Zenn, over on that Welcome thread that individual would say one thing and you would each hastily and hastily mis-interpret something else - repeatedly. :chuckle:

Exactly also why your collective's version of Mid-Acts is your collective's own, and not that of the consensus within Mid-Acts, in general.

Because you continuously mis-read things into the passages they are not even asserting.

And yes, I also find that humorous, as well.

And also, how woodenly serious you all get when any of this is pointed out to you.

Where is your "joy in the Holy Ghost" that you guys are unable to take a ribbing on such things? :chuckle:

Where is your example of the empowerment over all that self-defeat that "the gospel of the GRACE of God" is also all about?

I know this much - if I did not hold to Mid-Acts and or "the gospel of the GRACE of God" I certainly would not be swayed by your collective's EVER grace-LESS version of it - that's for sure. :chuckle:

Try actually viewing our opposition through the lens of Rom. 5: 6-8 that God viewed and views each of us through, and thus WHY our ETERNAL security, to begin with - duh -uh, lol.

Try actually following Paul in that. Try a little more...

1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Actually try a little more...

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

All the while well aware throughout...

4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Well aware tthroughout that we have done our part in the sight of God from a heart of...

4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Rom. 14:5 towards you, GD; in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8.

That, I do not chuckle about.

glorydaz

As if I am calling out anyone who preaches the GOSPEL of the grace of GOD.

Yes you are, and you continue to.

I am calling out how you and your pals spit on, and continually spit, on anyone who does not hold our views on "the gospel of the GRACE of God."

Oh, you mean like you're "spitting" on me right now? :think:

Where is "the GRACE"?

It's not for us to give "grace" to those who preach false gospels. :duh:

You are each either that entrenched in your double-standard that you can not see that it is that, that I am actually calling out, or you are each that willfully dense, or both.

Of course...it must be that I am "willfully dense" in the same way grace believers are accused of "willfully sinning". Who are these accusers of the brethren you join ranks with?

And yes, I find that humorous, at the same time, that it find it shameful.

That's a shame.

Like that back and forth comedy of errors by you and your pals with that newbie, Zenn, over on that Welcome thread that individual would say one thing and you would each hastily and hastily mis-interpret something else - repeatedly. :chuckle:

I find it odd that you are too blind to see the spirit of the man. :think:

Exactly also why your collective's version of Mid-Acts is your collective's own, and not that of the consensus within Mid-Acts, in general.

Oh Lord, is there no end to your presumptuousness? :sigh:

Because you continuously mis-read things into the passages they are not even asserting.

And yes, I also find that humorous, as well.

And also, how woodenly serious you all get when any of this is pointed out to you.

Don't you wish we were all as worldly wise as your are? We could all sing the same song of "Praise unto Ourselves".

Where is your "joy in the Holy Ghost" that you guys are unable to take a ribbing on such things? :chuckle:

Why this long diatribe? Can't you take a ribbing on such things? :chuckle:

Spoiler
Where is your example of the empowerment over all that self-defeat that "the gospel of the GRACE of God" is also all about?

I know this much - if I did not hold to Mid-Acts and or "the gospel of the GRACE of God" I certainly would not be swayed by your collective's EVER grace-LESS version of it - that's for sure. :chuckle:

Try actually viewing our opposition through the lens of Rom. 5: 6-8 that God viewed and views each of us through, and thus WHY our ETERNAL security, to begin with - duh -uh, lol.

Try actually following Paul in that. Try a little more...

1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God: 10:33 Even as I please all men in all things, not seeking mine own profit, but the profit of many, that they may be saved.

Actually try a little more...

2 Corinthians 4:1 Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

All the while well aware throughout...

4:3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Well aware tthroughout that we have done our part in the sight of God from a heart of...

4:5 For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

Rom. 14:5 towards you, GD; in memory of Rom. 5: 6-8.

That, I do not chuckle about.

As usual with the Long Winded Danoh, there is more, much more, but I can only abide so much. :blabla: :blabla:

God's Truth

I don't think that was what you were talking about. You were talking about whether the Jews thought they would receive eternal life because they gave sacrifices or partook of the rites and ceremonies. They didn't.... understanding it was temporal.

However, eternal life was not an unknown thing.

Daniel 12:2
2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.​

Hahahahaha You realized you were wrong and now you are trying to clean it up? Do you really think that the Jews thought they didn't have to obey but would still receive eternal life? Yes or no.