What is the Gospel?

drbrumley

This is probably the best explanation I have seen regarding the gospel. I agree with this 100%.

It appears that there have been overstatements on both sides of this issue. On the one hand, it is contended dogmatically that there is but one Gospel in the Bible, and on the other hand dispensationalists argue just as dogmatically that there are several gospels in the Bible. The misunderstanding appears to arise largely from the use of the word gospel. Some use the word gospel as the equivalent of how to be saved. they argue, and rightly so, that no one has been saved by his own works; that salvation in every dispensation has been by God's grace, but they contend that dispensationalists argue for salvation by works for those in a former dispensation because they say there is more than one gospel. This is simply a conclusion drawn which is contrary to the positive statements of dispensationalists. Practically all dispensationalists believe that salvation in every dispensation has been based upon faith in the revealed Word of God, but since they believe that the Bible presents a progressive revelation they must of necessity contend that men in former generations did not possess the totality of revelation which is contained in the New Testament epistles. Therefore there has been a change from time to time in the content of the message which was the object of faith. As pointed out, the content of the gospel of the kingdom which was preached by the apostles during the earthly ministry of Christ was completely devoid of the teaching that Christ would die for the sins of the world, be buried, and rise again the third day. And yet that is the heart of gospel preaching in this dispensation. And even more evident is the fact that in Old Testament times faith demanded that men bring animal sacrifices, a practice which is expressly forbidden in God's message for today.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
This is probably the best explanation I have seen regarding the gospel. I agree with this 100%.

It appears that there have been overstatements on both sides of this issue. On the one hand, it is contended dogmatically that there is but one Gospel in the Bible, and on the other hand dispensationalists argue just as dogmatically that there are several gospels in the Bible. The misunderstanding appears to arise largely from the use of the word gospel. Some use the word gospel as the equivalent of how to be saved. they argue, and rightly so, that no one has been saved by his own works; that salvation in every dispensation has been by God's grace, but they contend that dispensationalists argue for salvation by works for those in a former dispensation because they say there is more than one gospel. This is simply a conclusion drawn which is contrary to the positive statements of dispensationalists. Practically all dispensationalists believe that salvation in every dispensation has been based upon faith in the revealed Word of God, but since they believe that the Bible presents a progressive revelation they must of necessity contend that men in former generations did not possess the totality of revelation which is contained in the New Testament epistles. Therefore there has been a change from time to time in the content of the message which was the object of faith. As pointed out, the content of the gospel of the kingdom which was preached by the apostles during the earthly ministry of Christ was completely devoid of the teaching that Christ would die for the sins of the world, be buried, and rise again the third day. And yet that is the heart of gospel preaching in this dispensation. And even more evident is the fact that in Old Testament times faith demanded that men bring animal sacrifices, a practice which is expressly forbidden in God's message for today.

Like Abraham told the rich man.
They have Moses and the prophets let them hear them.
It was there the whole time.

Luke 24:25 25He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Like Abraham told the rich man.
They have Moses and the prophets let them hear them.
It was there the whole time.

Luke 24:25 25He said to them, "How foolish you are, and how slow to believe all that the prophets have spoken!

Jesus taught all about the Gospel.

Listen to Him.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, we are in the last days.

Jesus commands us to "go therefore make disciples of all nations... teaching them to obey everything He commanded you."

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow, so you disregard what He commands His followers to do?

The Gospel is:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

1 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

meshak

BANNED
Banned
The Gospel is:

1 Corinthians 15:1-4 New International Version (NIV)

1 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

that's your perception.

You follow your own doctrines. I listen what Jesus says.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that's your perception.

You follow your own doctrines. I listen what Jesus says.

So do I. This is where Paul received his Gospel;

Galatians 1:11-12 New International Version (NIV)

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
So do I. This is where Paul received his Gospel;

Galatians 1:11-12 New International Version (NIV)

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

I am not interested in your favorite verses.

good day.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
good for you.

That's not all He commands.

He teaches a whole lot.

Yep.

John 5:16

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yep.

John 5:16

16If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

I am not interested in your preaching.

good day.