What is the Gospel?

Zeke

The purpose for Paul being sent to whom he was first sent:

Romans 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Being a old dispy believer I know the doctrine, the Achilles heel is found in Galatians 3:7-8 where the sons of Abraham are by Faith not flesh which leaves Sarah as being a mother symbol for the Divine son Isaac which we are only when born of the spirit within, Galatians 4:26-28.

Acts doesn't hold up when compared to Galatians conversion, so to put your doctrinal eggs in that letter is weighed and found wanting.

Last edited:

Zeke

Neither Jew or Gentile in Christ Galatians 3:28 yet some were it seems Romans 16:7.

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Jesus did not spend three years speaking about the new covenant just for you to come along and say it was temporary.
Why are you bringing up the NC when it is future with the house of Israel and the house of Judah (Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV)? You are all over the map, woman.

Interplanner

You just made mention of three gospels.

Heir,
due to the heat of the conversation, I'd like to add, as an observer whose temperature is cool, that GT in this post is saying that all three references or expressions are about the one Gospel. GT is not saying there are three by any stretch of the imagination or normal reading of the syntax or grammar.

God's Truth

Revelations 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: "Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

God's Truth

Heir,
due to the heat of the conversation, I'd like to add, as an observer whose temperature is cool, that GT in this post is saying that all three references or expressions are about the one Gospel. GT is not saying there are three by any stretch of the imagination or normal reading of the syntax or grammar.

I can't tell you how good it is when I witness someone else who can see.

Thank you for acknowledging what I said and correcting heir.

Danoh

Heir,

heir is saying that what GT is asserting is one gospel, is not one, but three.

She is saying that GT has failed to see what is right in front of her, even as she reads it.

You might consider that, obviously; this cool temperature you assert is enough objectivity by itself, is not.

That all you did was read from your own, one gospel understanding into heir's and GT's exchange.

GT will now do something similar as to my words here.

God's Truth

Why are you bringing up the NC when it is future with the house of Israel and the house of Judah (Hebrews 8:8-10 KJV)? You are all over the map, woman.

All have a chance now, and since the laying of the foundation to be part of the new covenant!

Paul is speaking to the Corinthian Gentiles. Paul says he is a minister of a NEW COVENANT.

2 Corinthians 3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The Greater Glory of the New Covenant

7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness!

Paul says he is a MINISTER of a NEW COVENANT, and that it is THE MINISTRY/COVENANT of the SPIRIT.

Jesus says his words are SPIRIT.

See John 6:63.

God's Truth

Paul even QUOTES JESUS about the new covenant.

Romans 11:27
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

1 Corinthians 11:25
In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”

2 Corinthians 2:12
[ Ministers of the New Covenant ] Now when I went to Troas to preach the gospel of Christ and found that the Lord had opened a door for me,

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

2 Corinthians 3:7
[ The Greater Glory of the New Covenant ] Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was,

Galatians 3:15
[ The Law and the Promise ] Brothers and sisters, let me take an example from everyday life. Just as no one can set aside or add to a human covenant that has been duly established, so it is in this case.

Galatians 3:17
What I mean is this: The law, introduced 430 years later, does not set aside the covenant previously established by God and thus do away with the promise.

Galatians 4:24
These things are being taken figuratively: The women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves: This is Hagar.