What is the Gospel?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Abraham obeyed God instinctively out of love, not out of distress.

Examples:

1) A good Father provides shelter, food, clothing, etc, out of love, not because
he's coerced into doing so.

2) If a good Wife loves her Husband she will do everything she can, to make his
life easy. She does it instinctively out of love, not out of fear of punishment.

Obedience to a law holds a fear of disciplinary action. The action of love, ought
to be instinctive.
The law didn't come for hundred's of years after Abraham. (From Moses)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
GT has a bad habit of arguing with anybody and everybody on TOL.
She's extremely confused and dependent on her own opinions, which
are all wrong! She's quite incorrigible.

God's Truth

Abraham obeyed God instinctively out of love, not out of distress.

Examples:

1) A good Father provides shelter, food, clothing, etc, out of love, not because
he's coerced into doing so.

2) If a good Wife loves her Husband she will do everything she can, to make his
life easy. She does it instinctively out of love, not out of fear of punishment.

Obedience to a law holds a fear of disciplinary action. The action of love, ought
to be instinctive.
The law didn't come for hundred's of years after Abraham. (From Moses)

You are arguing about things that do not matter.

We have to obey.

Those who love God will obey. Period.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I obey. Those who obey love Jesus. I obey and am rewarded.

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.

The book of John was written for/to the House of Israel. You and your
ilk have chosen to live under the law and in accordance with the House
of Israel laws. Therefore, you've chosen to live under obedience to the law.
So, you MUST obey 100%.

God's Truth

The book of John was written for/to the House of Israel. You and your
ilk have chosen to live under the law and in accordance with the House
of Israel laws. Therefore, you've chosen to live under obedience to the law.
So, you MUST obey 100%.

The new law is written IN my heart and mind.

I know you do not understand that.

Tell me what the new law is. lol

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You are making things up about Jesus and the Bible just to justify going against me for my friendly warning to you about GM's beliefs.

Let it go. You have false beliefs yourself and will not listen either.
How, specifically, have I "made up" anything about Jesus and/or the Bible?

Why don't you be honest and accountable and simply admit that instead of judging and labeling me as having "false beliefs" you might just say "Aikido7, I do not agree with your beliefs."

And make sure you make that determination without feeling that you can read my soul or guess at my motives.

God's Truth

How, specifically, have I "made up" anything about Jesus and/or the Bible?
You said Jesus didn't tell anyone that they were wrong.

Marks 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"

Matthew 22:29
Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God.

Why don't you be honest and accountable and simply admit that instead of judging and labeling me as having "false beliefs" you might just say "Aikido7, I do not agree with your beliefs."

And make sure you make that determination without feeling that you can read my soul or guess at my motives.

I say what Jesus says and that is that you are wrong, and that you do not know the scriptures.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You said Jesus didn't tell anyone that they were wrong.
I have a hard time I would say "Jesus never told anyone they were wrong." But maybe I did.

Since casting aspersions on others is such a wimpy, all-too-human way to act I just don't see how his later followers called him "Son of God" if he went around acting like that.

"Why do you call me good? Only God is good!"
"The Father makes his sun to shine on both the good AND the evil and sends his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous ALIKE
"Who made ME a judge?"
"...forgive us our debts as we forgive those of their debts."
"...do not judge."

I say what Jesus says and that is that you are wrong, and that you do not know the scriptures.

It is better to be able to learn to separate facts from faith in the New Testament. We should be unafraid to follow the truth wherever it leads us and not to read with inattention and to merely confirm our own prejudices.

The authentic voice print of Jesus is easily separated from the theology of the early church put into his mouth by his later chroniclers. It is helpful to know the difference between theology and data, evidence and interpretation, opinion and ancient traditions.

Unless we can discover what the original authors meant when they wrote a particular passage or verse, then we might just as well say that the Bible means whatever we say it means.