What is the express image of God?

Apple7

Fail.

1 John 5:5 KJV

5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5.10 - 13

The one believing in the Son of God has the witness in himself. The one not believing God has made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the witness which God has witnessed concerning His Son. And this is the witness: that God gave us everlasting life, and this life is in His Son. The one having the Son has life. The one not having the Son of God does not have life. I wrote these things to you, the ones having Faith in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have everlasting life, and that you may have Faith in the name of the Son of God.

Do you 'have' the Son?

To 'have' the Son means that you have Faith in His name....as His name is the Triune God as revealed in scripture.

Simple, Biblical truth...:thumb:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Why do you down other folks, religions that think in a different manner. Are we not all seeking to understand the words in the Bible. Every church has some truth, none has all truth. So we need to look as evaluate what is available from all and put it all together to find the truth.

Jesus is the final revelation of God to msnkind, there is no need for more.

Thats right we dont need more but you do and of course that is Jesus speaking of being part of the Godhead Himself. Since God will not share His glory. And Jesus tells us He had this glory with Yahweh/Jehovah before creation. What more proof from Jehovah or the lips of Jesus do you want?

Apple7

Thats right we dont need more but you do and of course that is Jesus speaking of being part of the Godhead Himself. Since God will not share His glory. And Jesus tells us He had this glory with Yahweh/Jehovah before creation. What more proof from Jehovah or the lips of Jesus do you want?

Just fyi....pops has Alzheimer's...he only repeatedly deals in fragments that he can remember...albeit entirely incorrect...

Apple7

Pops uses his baker's dozen pet verses over and over again like a broken record.

He pays absolutely no attention to your reply...as all he can do is slavishly repost his same verses over and over again...and then provide you with his own personal interpretation of those cherry-picked verses.

You can leave, and then come back a year later and you will see him posting the SAME EXACT verses...:wave2:

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
Just fyi....pops has Alzheimer's...he only repeatedly deals in fragments that he can remember...albeit entirely incorrect...

Hillbilly religion like the JW and the new faith groups. Its only a fad movement till the bible knocks em down.

keypurr

Lets see what the Aramaic English New Testament says:

Revelations 21:7
7. He that overcomes will inherit these things; and I will be his Elohim, and he will be my son. AENT

Elohim, now if I remember right that word can mean God, a god, an Angel or a messenger from God. It think you said that.

keypurr

YOU fail to understand that the EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD, a creation, was given the fullness of the Father. He was second only to his Father (creator). God created everything through his Spirit SON Christ. No one has the power and glory that the Father has, for he is the most high God.

Joh_17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

He says here that He had glory before but he does not say he has his Father's glory.

Here it is in the Aramaic Translation:

Yochanan 17:5
5. And now glorify me my Father with You in that glory that I had with You from before the world was.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
YOU fail to understand that the EXPRESS IMAGE OF GOD, a creation, was given the fullness of the Father. He was second only to his Father (creator). God created everything through his Spirit SON Christ. No one has the power and glory that the Father has, for he is the most high God.

Joh_17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

He says here that He had glory before but he does not say he has his Father's glory.

Here it is in the Aramaic Translation:

Yochanan 17:5
5. And now glorify me my Father with You in that glory that I had with You from before the world was.

Your posts are, "Baloney Central."

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Give me the reasons why you think I am wrong GM.

Show me my errors.

I have been asking you to do that for a long time now.

You're asking me to disprove your "weird" theories. I cannot. Why?
Because, your theories are too strange to comprehend, much less,
explain.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Your full of yourself GM. Daqq opinions are very well received on TOL. You are so self righteous that it is sickening. Your judge every one, did you get authorization from the Lord to do his work of judging?

He speaks well above your ability to understand his words. You need to do more listening and less talking friend.

You Sir, are not only a windbag, but, a cantankerous curmudgeon.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
OK, lets take it one step at a time.

Did God create his express image?

In your way of thinking? The answer would be no! Christ was born
as a man, however, He had no beginning and no end. He "created"
ALL that ever was. He is, "God the Son." He was born of a virgin and
came to die for the sins of ALL mankind. There is: God the Father,
God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. Yet, these three are ONE.

Your "theories" are false and might I add, "Oddball-ish."