What is the express image of God?

keypurr

Not quite, as he does not accept John 1:1 to start with, at least not legitimate translations. You can't pick and choose verses you want and ignore others. To do so is really NOT believing God.

Not so Stan, I see John 1 in a different way than you do. You follow the thoughts of men who believed the world was flat.

The word is not Jesus, it is the Spirit that was IN him. The spirit became flesh. The answer to the puzzle is in Heb 1 and Col 1.

keypurr

Theres something familiar with Christ in your posts. This morning , I just remembered, during my teens, my deep studies in new age account regaurding to Christ. It took me a long while to figure out the other Christ to sounds so much like our Christ. Your posts reminds me of the common thread in the new age movements. I would highly recommend others on TOL to see the difference between Keypurr's Christ and the new age Christ. They're almost identical. I don't have time to point point false Christ you preach but I'm pointing out the similarities between your Christ and the new age Christ.

According to wrongKey, Christ is not a person but a principle, a consciousness according to New Age philosophy

No your wrong again. I say that Christ is the express image of God, a spiritual being like God is. He is a created FORM of God for God was pleased that Christ had his fullness. Christ is the logos in John 1, Jesus is the body prepared to hold Christ.

You do not seem to understand what my words tell you puppet.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
No your wrong again. I say that Christ is the express image of God, a spiritual being like God is. He is a created FORM of God for God was pleased that Christ had his fullness. Christ is the logos in John 1, Jesus is the body prepared to hold Christ.

You do not seem to understand what my words tell you puppet.

Something very similar to the new age Christ. I don't have the time to put my finger on but your flavors tastes like their flavors. They both discredit Jesus. If anyone here cares to look up the new age "Christ" and compare it to the antitrinitarian's "christ", post your findings here. I've been there, done that and moved on, long time ago. Just posting a warning about the new age Christ that gets TOL suckered into occults.

keypurr

Something very similar to the new age Christ. I don't have the time to put my finger on but your flavors tastes like their flavors. They both discredit Jesus. If anyone here cares to look up the new age "Christ" and compare it to the antitrinitarian's "christ", post your findings here. I've been there, done that and moved on, long time ago. Just posting a warning about the new age Christ that gets TOL suckered into occults.

How do my words discredit Jesus? He is the flesh son of God.

Some where along your road you went blind to what is written.

Jesus Christ is our Lord, made so by our and his God.

There is only one true God just as Jesus told you in john 17:3.

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
How do my words discredit Jesus? He is the flesh son of God.

Some where along your road you went blind to what is written.

Jesus Christ is our Lord, made so by our and his God.

There is only one true God just as Jesus told you in john 17:3.

You know way too much about flesh and way too much nothing about Spirit. You have no balance.

lifeisgood

keypurr, have you ever noticed that the angel of God did NOT say

Luke 2:11 --- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Jesus.

But that the angel of God said:

Luke 2:11 --- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Christ was born into the world, keypurr, that's what God sent His angel to announce.

The Christ was NOT physically named Jesus UNTIL eight days LATER in the Temple, even though Mary knew Jesus was to be the Christ's name because the angel of God had told her that the name of the Christ born into the world, God manifest in the flesh, was to be Jesus.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) is awesome!

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Luke 2:11 --- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Jesus.

Luke 2:11 --- For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
Christ was born into the world, keypurr, that's what God sent His angel to announce.

The Christ was NOT physically named Jesus UNTIL eight days LATER in the Temple, even though Mary knew Jesus was to be the Christ's name because the angel of God had told her that the name of the Christ born into the world, God manifest in the flesh, was to be Jesus.

I have been trying to get him to look at that verse for years. He doesn't get it.

keypurr

You know way too much about flesh and way too much nothing about Spirit. You have no balance.

Knowledge is not a bad thing friend and my faith is in perfect balance.
How many of us know about the spiritual things of God?
We all have so much more to learn.

keypurr

Scripture sometimes seems to conflict. Luke was written years after the fact.

Acts 10:38 tells you when Jesus got his POWER, I go with Acts.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

With the Holy Spirit's influence on the written word of God, what you
say makes NO difference. You're an enemy of the truth of Scripture.

keypurr

With the Holy Spirit's influence on the written word of God, what you
say makes NO difference. You're an enemy of the truth of Scripture.

Folks who live in glass houses should not throw stones GM.

Your Trinity does not fit scripture. And you can not support it with your knowledge of scripture.

keypurr

Do you? Do you believe what the angel said? I think not.

Do you remember your exact conversation with someone that took place forty years ago?
I doubt it. Jesus being born Christ does not make any sense. Christ laid the foundation of the Universe. Why then did Jesus need to grow in wisdom? I will stick with what Acts 10:38 tells us.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you remember your exact conversation with someone that took place forty years ago?
I doubt it. Jesus being born Christ does not make any sense. Christ laid the foundation of the Universe. Why then did Jesus need to grow in wisdom? I will stick with what Acts 10:38 tells us.

As I thought, you do not believe the angel in the scriptures.

lifeisgood

Scripture DOES NOT conflict, keypurr.
Your false doctrine conflicts with God's word.

You do not believe the information in the book of John.
Now, you also do not believe the information in the book of Luke.

I guess the word of God does not fit the false doctrine the angel of light gave you when researching something else and you have chosen to abandon the truth of the word of God.

Your Bible is incomplete, keypurr, when you start throwing books and/or verses of the Bible in the garbage as you are doing.

You will never be able to tell God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) that no one never told you the Truth.

God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) will tell you that He did leave you the truth written in His word by blood, the blood of His Son, Christ. How you're going to tell Him you chose only certain parts of the truth He left written for you because you did not like what He left written by the blood of Christ?