ECT What is better about D'ism?

Interplanner

Jeremiah 31:31-34 KJV
(31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
(32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:
(33) But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.
(34) And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 32:37-42 KJV
(37) Behold, I will gather them out of all countries, whither I have driven them in mine anger, and in my fury, and in great wrath; and I will bring them again unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely:
(38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
(39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them:
(40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
(41) Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.
(42) For thus saith the LORD; Like as I have brought all this great evil upon this people, so will I bring upon them all the good that I have promised them.

The other party in the new covenant was the Lord Jesus and his work is the mediation between God and Man. he represented man; Jewish man as well as Jamaican and Christadelpian. It's better because of his sacrifice, and yes it does motivate all believers to obey from the heart not from the outside in for show, especially social show.

That was a good step about the obedience but you need to take the others.

Right Divider

Body part
Actually I'm a human! I have let the self-organizing chapters of the NT speak for themselves.
You just get funnier all of the time!

I have posted the list 1000 times, so do some reading. I do not start with Ryrie and Walvoord and Scofield and go on from there.
I don't either.

God promised to give Israel the land FOREVER. God keeps His promises.

Right Divider

Body part
The other party in the new covenant was the Lord Jesus and his work is the mediation between God and Man. he represented man; Jewish man as well as Jamaican and Christadelpian. It's better because of his sacrifice, and yes it does motivate all believers to obey from the heart not from the outside in for show, especially social show.

At least you are consistently WRONG.

This is what the BIBLE says:

Jer 31:31-32 (KJV)
(31:31) Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah: (31:32) Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day [that] I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

NOTE that the PEOPLE that are in OLD covenant are the FATHERS of those in the NEW covenant.

P.S. How can you be so stupid?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

None of that happens until Israel's restoration.
They got a small taste of it during their ministry, but it ended.

We are not living in a time when everyone knows Him and there is no longer a need to convince someone of GOD.
Not even the BOC has that luxury.
We are not living in a time when Israel is restored to the land in peace and safety, never to be uprooted again.
The BOC doesn't have that either.

Besides the sure word of GOD flat out stating it, even history shows it has not happened.

Interplanner

None of that happens until Israel's restoration.
They got a small taste of it during their ministry, but it ended.

We are not living in a time when everyone knows Him and there is no longer a need to convince someone of GOD.
Not even the BOC has that luxury.
We are not living in a time when Israel is restored to the land in peace and safety, never to be uprooted again.
The BOC doesn't have that either.

Besides the sure word of GOD flat out stating it, even history shows it has not happened.

So much for the Spirit working mightily and 'turning the world upside down' and for the 1st gen of Christians stretching from Spain to India. What a put down of God's 'might acts' Acts 2.

There is no need for any of this as such, confined to Israel. It means nothing. Everything is about and in Christ now. The spirit works about and in Christ, Gal 3:1,2. It is not the final proof that God is true; that position belongs to the Son, as Heb 1 says with a bit of ch 2. Shame on you for misplacing your reverence on Israel the land or race.

The NT does not continue what you think it does because of express statements...in the OT!! Like Is 49 that is it too small to restore the fortunes just of Israel, which he did. Or Haggai saying that the restored land and temple was like nothing, but the Messiah was coming.

You are off by one phase, one epoch on all these things, as though the NT never happened. There is nothing in the NT about it 'coming back' to be a 2nd episode for Judaism, not with chapters like Acts 13 and 26 stating what is going on. The power of the kingdom that was supposed to come did come, by the Spirit, and it was for declaring the mighty acts of God.

You have an abjectly Christless, Judaistic view of all this. You are establishing what your footer banner prohibits: Israel's own righteousness instead of that which arrived in Christ and is seen, recieved, known by faith.

All OT and Judaistic things, equipment, places were illustrations of what was coming in Christ, Heb 9:9. Even the entrance to the land illustrated God's rest and protection. We don't go back as Christians, Jew and Gentile. It can help to be familiar by way of explanation, but we don't go back as far as practice goes. It is set aside. It is over.

Interplanner

What was that about 'a small taste during their ministry, but it ended?' I think not. It was the fulness of the Spirit of God for the mission of Christ, as was expected.

The rebuke about Israel's kingdom and the answer that they would get power to preach, and the absence of such interest from that point on in Acts should answer all that about a restored Judaism by Christians.

Right Divider

Body part
What was that about 'a small taste during their ministry, but it ended?' I think not. It was the fulness of the Spirit of God for the mission of Christ, as was expected.

The rebuke about Israel's kingdom and the answer that they would get power to preach, and the absence of such interest from that point on in Acts should answer all that about a restored Judaism by Christians.
Utter garbage.

You simply have a fairy tale and do not accept ALL that God plans to do.

Interplanner

Utter garbage.

You simply have a fairy tale and do not accept ALL that God plans to do.

It's right there in the text and cannot be taken away.

"It's not for you to know, but..." was a rebuke of such interests, and look how much time he spent on it during the rest of Acts. How is it that the modern generation comes along and finds the one thing he did not spend time on, and MAJORS on that? I don't mean your position, I mean that you are obsessed with knowing it all.

"but you will recieve power..." was the kind of kingdom that matters and is underway. You are too ignorant and literal to see. As literal as Judaism in the gospel of John where there are some 25 illustrations.

They recieved the power of the kingdom to make it spread from Spain to India in the first generation. But that is like pittance to you "Bible experts" I know; at least Tam scorned it yesterday as God giving up or some nonsense.

Paul specifically said that all we are to preach is what the prophets said about the suffereing and glory of Christ, not your agenda to give Judaism as such a 2nd chance and thus destroy the meaning and beauty of Hebrews.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Yes, apparently, believing God's promises, and being on board with his eternal plans for the Universe is to not be focused on the WORD, Jesus Christ.

The entire Word of God reveals God's Covenant Promise and eternal plan of redemption which is the Everlasting Gospel.