ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
It was after Paul's conversion that Peter received a message about gentiles
that you claim he already had.

This is just historically inaccurate. Peter proclaimed the only Gospel of Jesus Christ (to Jews and Gentiles) for quite some time before Saul/Paul's conversion.

:shocked:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
James 2:8

The entire teaching of James, is based upon the fact that works of creatures (including loving others) has no causal effect apart from faith and trust in God.

Faith fulfills and establishes the Law. Romans 3:31 Period. And faith is the saving gift from God. Sola Fide

Love for others is a fruit (effect) of this fulfillment.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 1

15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

Ephesians 3

2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,

Under the dispensation of grace, Paul was reconciled as an enemy. This had not happened before. See Acts 5. See the whole Bible for that matter.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is just historically inaccurate. Peter proclaimed the only Gospel of Jesus Christ (to Jews and Gentiles) for quite some time before Saul/Paul's conversion.

:shocked:
Then show Peter declaring (not future declaration of grace in Acts 15) that they are reconciled as enemies. If they are reconciled as enemies, then the Holy Spirit was wasting his words at Pentecost.

Interplanner

David was an enemy and needed to have his sins dismissed, Ps 32.

Is 53 is about how Messiah will justify many by his death. Sounds like we needed to be justified from sins debt!

Abraham needed righteousness credited to him. That's how sins debt is dealt with.

It was the separative function of the law that was over because the message was now trying reach as many people as possible.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
1 Timothy 1

15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am first. 16 However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.

Ephesians 3

2 if indeed you have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which was given to me for you,

Under the dispensation of grace, Paul was reconciled as an enemy. This had not happened before. See Acts 5. See the whole Bible for that matter.

Paul was not the first to sin, nor the first to suffer for the gospel, but he was the foremost of them.

Reconciled people are no longer enemies of God. (unless they want to be)

LA

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Then show Peter declaring (not future declaration of grace in Acts 15) that they are reconciled as enemies. If they are reconciled as enemies, then the Holy Spirit was wasting his words at Pentecost.

It's a shame that Nang has been so brainwashed by Calvinism that she can't see the truth in the Bible being conveyed.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The entire teaching of James, is based upon the fact that works of creatures (including loving others) has no causal effect apart from faith and trust in God.

Faith fulfills and establishes the Law. Romans 3:31 Period. And faith is the saving gift from God. Sola Fide

Love for others is a fruit (effect) of this fulfillment.

Guess what Nang? James was written to the 12 scattered tribes of Israel, not to the Gentiles. You need to learn how to Rightly Divide the word.

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

Sonnet

Guess what Nang? James was written to the 12 scattered tribes of Israel, not to the Gentiles. You need to learn how to Rightly Divide the word.

James 1:1 "James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting."

Does Paul's letter to the Corinthians address Israelites?

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Consenting to kill Christ made them enemies.

Paul not only did that but also wasted the church that's what made him chief sinner at that time.

Notice that as soon as Paul saw the Light the church had rest.

Church buddy, church.

Wise up.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

Shore was, more of them joint heirs with the Gentiles.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 1

Ephesians 3

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Paul was not the first to sin, nor the first to suffer for the gospel,

Strawman. He was the first reconciled to God as an enemy. The text tells you what he is the first in.

1 Timothy 1

Right Divider

Body part
You don't understand Greek cases. English uses "of" for all cases. In Greek there are 4 so on these issues, Greek is 4x more clear. There is a different Greek case when the item BELONGS TO another vs when an item is ABOUT another.

The usual clash is about Gal 2's 'gospels to...' and it is totally misused grammar by MAD and D'ism.
What would we do without the Greek experts here on TOL?
To bad that you were not around back in the day to help out the KJV guys get it right.

The Greek word for gospel simply means "good news". Are you another dummy that thinks that there is only one "good news" in the Bible?

P.S. No doubt you'll need to correct this is be "good message".

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Strawman. He was the first reconciled to God as an enemy. The text tells you what he is the first in.

1 Timothy 1

Some don't know what a prototype is.

Status
Not open for further replies.