ECT What gospel was Paul saved under?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Everyone; including you, when you cut and paste passages; cuts and pastes.

While, to quote what one holds to, or that one is responding to, that someone has already laid out, is also a practice all engage in.

We all do that also - whenever we use the quote function.

Why?

Because... to "clip and paste" another's already stated words in agreement on this - for the sake of convenience;

1 Corinthians 14:40 Let all things be done decently and in order.
You're a bit cranky today Danoh.

I was referring to the habit of many to use TOO much "canned" information, such as repeatedly using the same links over and over again. Or lengthy "prepared" information pasted over and over again.

john w

Hall of Fame
Why is Paul's gospel message different than Jesus' message in the 4 Gospels? Jesus did not preach he came to die for our sins. Should we trust the words of Jesus himself or can we trust someone else's experience? There is only one master (Matthew 6:24).

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

1. Nice change the subject-you argued-only one piece of good news in the book:

"I am of the opinion that there is only one Gospel but that is contingent on my own interpretation"-you

There is plenty of good news in the book. The context tells us what good news/gospel, is under consideration.

Gospel-it merely means "good news." Take a deep breath-I know that is quite deep/complicated.

2.Paul preached the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV. Neither the Lord Jesus Christ, or the 12, ever preached that, at least prior to the dbr.

Danoh

You're a bit cranky today Danoh.

I was referring to the habit of many to use TOO much "canned" information, such as repeatedly using the same links over and over again. Or lengthy "prepared" information pasted over and over again.

Quit reading supposed attitudes into my words.

Would you rewrite each time, say, Randy's book on your view, or would you just direct someone to it?

It saves time to post what one agrees with that another has already written - that is all AMR is doing by that.

His post on right division was obviously not a clip and paste.

Right Divider

Body part

Would you rewrite each time, say, Randy's book on your view, or would you just direct someone to it?

It saves time to post what one agrees with that another has already written - that is all AMR is doing by that.

I posted that BEFORE I read AMR's other post, Mr. QuitReadingIntoOtherPeoplesStuffHypocrite

We were comparing the similarity of a couple of know-it-all's

Go find someone else to annoy.

john w

Hall of Fame
I did notice. But I also noticed that the common interpretation of Christ excludes the soul and therefore the connection to our divinity.
"...ye shall be as gods,..."-Genesis 3:5 KJV

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssss..............

The world is in turmoil partly because no one can really feel good enough about themselves.

No, this predominantly Christ rejecting world is lost, in turmoil, within themselves, because they want to be as gods, and do feel good about themselves, thinking that the solution, on this grave yard called earth, is themselves, instead of the Saviour, as they substitute themselves, for God("religion"), instead of accepting God, in their place, in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the only solution.

My brilliance/humility, sometimes even surprises me.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Let me start by saying that this is probably your most arrogance post to date.

NONE of these are assumed by me or any other person with a decent understanding of MAD.
You need to keep up.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...always-saved&p=4535922&viewfull=1#post4535922

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...dy-of-Christ&p=4751315&viewfull=1#post4751315

You simply do not know what you are talking about. Your hair trigger denunciation of all things from a poster adopting the Reformed view without considering the actual content therein will continue to embarrass you as this shows. Try ready, aim, fire versus your usual ready, fire, aim.

AMR

Danoh

You need to keep up.

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...always-saved&p=4535922&viewfull=1#post4535922

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...dy-of-Christ&p=4751315&viewfull=1#post4751315

You simply do not know what you are talking about. Your hair trigger denunciation of all things from a poster adopting the Reformed view without considering the actual content therein will continue to embarrass you as this shows. Try ready, aim, fire versus your usual ready, fire, aim.

AMR

Yep - ready, aim, fire is always the way to go :thumb:

At the same time, AMR, not all MADs are so dismissive of anyone who does not hold their views.

Don't lump all MADs in general, nor all MADs on TOL under that category.

One who is willing can learn from all views.

Just as one who is willing, can concede another's point when said point is valid.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep - ready, aim, fire is always the way to go :thumb:

At the same time, AMR, not all MADs are so dismissive of anyone who does not hold their views.

Don't lump all MADs in general, nor all MADs on TOL under that category.

One who is willing can learn from all views.

Just as one who is willing, can concede another's point when said point is valid.
Point taken and understood. Thank you.

AMR

andyc

You need to keep up.

AMR

There are few mad proponents left here who have studied through what they actually believe. The majority are people who wandered into this forum and responded to the welcome from people with an 'anything goes' philosophy masquerading as protestant grace theology.

Ask Mr. Religion

Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed. Kind words, thank you.

Been doing this online thing before the beginning of the internet, so using what I have crafted over the past few decades or more seems expedient given that I keep files of my past, more substantive, posts. My "Ask Mr. Religion" service was started back in the eighties. Today, it is a customized service for academicians, theologians, and seminarians, wherein we AMR service volunteers (there are six of us now) provide answers to various questions about Religion in general. For complex questions and research we charge a nominal fee for research provided and claim no copyright to the answers provided to the academician or theologian. Our customers are free to use the materials as they see fit and are under no obligation to attribute the AMR service. One would be surprised to learn of the many academic papers published in theological and philosophical domains that leverage our materials. The AMR service database contains over 300,000 questions and answers that have been posed over the years, so having things at the ready saves much time and effort.

Now you know the meaning behind the name "Ask Mr. Religion". ;)

AMR

john w

Hall of Fame
You need to keep up.

AMR
Despite our differences, most of the time, you seem reasonable(Isiah 1:18 KJV). However, not in this assertion, i.e., specifically #2, where you assert...

What right dividing is not:
1. Assuming all of the Bible is for our learning, but is not addressed to us or is about us.
2. Assuming there are many "gospels" in the Bible, and that we must carve out gospels only meant for us.
3. Assuming Paul's writings are disjointed, and in need of gleaning out of matters relevant to just Gentiles or to Jews.

Tell me that you are not asserting, arguing, that there is just one piece of good news in the book(gospel), and that Judas preached the same good news as outlined in 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV.

Go ahead....

Luke 9 KJV
1 Then he called his twelve disciples (including Judas-my note)together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.

2 And he sent them to preach the kingdom of God, and to heal the sick.

3 And he said unto them, Take nothing for your journey, neither staves, nor scrip, neither bread, neither money; neither have two coats apiece.

4 And whatsoever house ye enter into, there abide, and thence depart.

5 And whosoever will not receive you, when ye go out of that city, shake off the very dust from your feet for a testimony against them.

6 And they departed, and went through the towns, preaching the gospel, and healing every where.

" that we must carve out gospels only meant for us"-AMR

Is this good news of the kingdom, the same as the good news of 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV? Is healing the sick, for us?

Parallel passage:

Matthew 10 KJV

1 And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.

2 Now the names of the twelve apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother;

3 Philip, and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus;

4 Simon the Canaanite, and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him.

5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.

" that we must carve out gospels only meant for us"-AMR

Is the "power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease" for us-your argument?Is this good news/gospel for us?

Is the power to "Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils," for us-your argument? Is this good news/gospel for us?

Is "Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel" for us?

Right Divider

Body part
You need to keep up.

AMR
Thanks for nothing. Your links prove absolutely nothing.

You really are JUST like Cruiform. Post a link, declare victory.

Everyone please note the language that the Great AMR uses in a vain attempt to disparage those that disagree with his position.

What right dividing is not:
1. Assuming all of the Bible is for our learning, but is not addressed to us or is about us.

2. Assuming there are many "gospels" in the Bible, and that we must carve out gospels only meant for us.
3. Assuming Paul's writings are disjointed, and in need of gleaning out of matters relevant to just Gentiles or to Jews.
Nice rhetorical tricks that are completely devoid of actual content.

Once AGAIN, these are NOT assumptions made by those that have COME to the MAD position. They are just your feeble attempts to smear others that don't agree with your incorrect position.

P.S. Just look at AMR's signature. Just overflowing with pride.

P.P.S. I guess that, based on #1 there, that AMR thinks that all of the Bible is about AMR.

john w

Hall of Fame
I guess that, based on #1 there, that AMR thinks that all of the Bible is about AMR.

Yes, RD-like this-all scripture is written to everyone, specifically, is about them, for their obedience:

" Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: ....Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Prizebeatz1

What gospel was Paul saved under?

You have no divinity.

This fairy tale of yours would be fascinating if it weren't so contrary to the truth.

P.S. Please define "soul" using the Bible (i.e., the Word of God) as your reference.

That's funny seeing that the entire New Testament is about the soul. Born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives. It is the fulfillment. It is one with the Alpha and Omega because it is timelessness, one with The Great I Am because it just simply IS. Again, notice how the enemy tells a white lie by excluding the most important part of us in it's assessment of our worth. So why so much resistance? Seems like you are trying to avoid the soul for some reason. I suggest you examine yourself and find out why.

Underneath the idea about us not having divinity is the unconscious judgment that we are worthless. That is taking the biggest bite of the forbidden fruit and when someone points it out when we think nothing of it as we've been biting it for centuries like everything is normal. We continue biting because we like the feeling of control it provides (surely you will not die). Then we go around trying to make up for this feeling of worthlessness through religion or sometimes by trying to drown others by pulling them down in an attempt to save our own life. That is how judgment works. We judge others the same way we judge ourselves. Get a clue.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Others do not argue that, moron-ette. They "argue" that there is only one Gospel, and that is not the same as arguing "There is only one Gospel of Christ in the Bible," despite your spin/lies, to the contrary.

There is only one Gospel of Christ in the Bible which is inclusive of the promises of the age to come and the means to become a part of it.

It is all one message.

1Co 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
1Co 13:5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

LA

Right Divider

Body part
That's funny seeing that the entire New Testament is about the soul.
That's funny, since you do not reference a SINGLE verse of scripture to support your CLAIMS about the SCRIPTURE.

You just too typical of people that think that they know something but don't.

Born pure of a virgin, miraculous, rejected and buried yet still lives. It is the fulfillment. It is one with the Alpha and Omega because it is timelessness, one with The Great I Am because it just simply IS. Again, notice how the enemy tells a white lie by excluding the most important part of us in it's assessment of our worth. So why so much resistance? Seems like you are trying to avoid the soul for some reason. I suggest you examine yourself and find out why.

Underneath the idea about us not having divinity is the unconscious judgment that we are worthless. That is taking the biggest bite of the forbidden fruit and when someone points it out when we think nothing of it as we've been biting it for centuries like everything is normal. We continue biting because we like the feeling of control it provides (surely you will not die). Then we go around trying to make up for this feeling of worthlessness through religion or sometimes by trying to drown others by pulling them down in an attempt to save our own life. That is how judgment works. We judge others the same way we judge ourselves. Get a clue.
You really love to hear yourself talk (or write).

Start providing some proof and not just your vain speculations and I might be able to have a dialog with you.

Prizebeatz1

"...ye shall be as gods,..."-Genesis 3:5 KJV

Sssssssssssssssssssssssssss..............

No, this predominantly Christ rejecting world is lost, in turmoil, within themselves, because they want to be as gods, and do feel good about themselves, thinking that the solution, on this grave yard called earth, is themselves, instead of the Saviour, as they substitute themselves, for God("religion"), instead of accepting God, in their place, in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, as the only solution.

My brilliance/humility, sometimes even surprises me.

Well that is one way to see it but it's not the only way. Dependence on something to save us is bondage, not freedom. The higher form of freedom includes overcoming all dependencies including our dependence on being dependent. We automatically put ourselves in a hole by saying we are in need of salvation when salvation is already present in this exact timeless moment. The idea that we need to be saved comes from an unconscious judgment. The personality bites the fruit and doesn't want us to notice because it's easy and convenient to pretend it doesn't matter. The personality feels deficient, weak, vulnerable and has to bite the fruit to feel good enough. If it's gone the personality will feel like it's going to be swallowed by this big black emptiness. It fears it will be punished because it assumes God will treat it like its parents or authority figures did when it was a child. It feels the need to run and hide.

The soul in contrast is the letting go of all dependence including dependence on the personality to define us and to bring us the feeling of being good enough, stable enough, secure enough along with the feeling that we are alive and surviving. I often does this through repetitive thoughts. Beliefs are not much more than repetitive thoughts. It will increase this thought activity when threatened. It tries to cover up the big black emptiness but this is accidentally burying what is the infinite nature of the soul. The personality says "as long as I can continue to think I will remain alive because I can prevent the big black emptiness from swallowing me". It is fighting a war against God.

Prizebeatz1

That's funny, since you do not reference a SINGLE verse of scripture to support your CLAIMS about the SCRIPTURE.

You just too typical of people that think that they know something but don't.

You really love to hear yourself talk (or write).

Start providing some proof and not just your vain speculations and I might be able to have a dialog with you.

The proof is inside us but who is willing to delve the depths of their own subconscious and into the unknown? People are too scared. Mark this guarantee that fear does not come from God.

Status
Not open for further replies.