What does God's Holy Law Demand?

genuineoriginal

James was a Judaizer like you. He believed in Jesus, but he also believed that you must keep the law of Moses.

There were many Judaizers. Paul had to straighten them out, Galatians 2:11-21.

Many people are like you and just don't understand Paul because they are unlearned and unstable.

2 Peter 3:14-17
14 Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.
15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;
16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
17 Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.​

God's Truth

You are stupid!

I never once suggested that God didn't choose Paul you slobbering idiot!
Read what I said. I said you are going against the scripture that tells WHY God chose Paul.

What I am telling you is that your doctrine doesn't have any way of accounting for WHY he called Paul as an apostle if his message was identical to that of the Twelve! Why didn't he just use the twelve guys He had just spent the last three years training and that He had just given the Holy Spirit too as well as the great commission?

I already gave you scriptures and explained it to you.

Paul tried to destroy the church and had men and women dragged to jail, and approved of their death...
Okay! That's IT! I'm not discussing this with you any longer. All I'm doing is repeating myself to a brick wall.

Relax, you should reread my posts and you might see that you are the one who is in error.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Read what I said. I said you are going against the scripture that tells WHY God chose Paul.

I already gave you scriptures and explained it to you.

Paul tried to destroy the church and had men and women dragged to jail, and approved of their death...

Relax, you should reread my posts and you might see that you are the one who is in error.
One last time.

You are responding to what I've said as though I think Paul shouldn't exist. That isn't the point I'm making.

My point is that his existence doesn't make sense FROM YOUR THEOLOGICAL PARADIGM!!!!

I know perfectly well that God chose Paul and why He did it. It makes totally perfect sense from my theological paradigm.

My point is that every reason you can give for Paul's existence can't account for Matthew 28 and Acts 2, not to mention the whole of Jesus' three years of training that went into the Twelve Apostles. You cannot account for Matthias in Acts 1 (i.e. if God NEEDED Paul so badly, why not convert Saul and give Judas' office to Paul?) or a half dozen other issues related to what the Twelve did (or did not do) vs. what Paul did.

There's about a thousand different things that God could have done and would have done differently if Paul's message is the same as that of Jesus and the Twelve Apostles. There's nothing at all that was preventing the Twelve from spreading their message to the whole world, which was precisely what they had been instructed to do by the resurrected God the Son in Matthew 28 and for which God, in Acts 2, gave the the Holy Spirit with which to accomplish it. Instead, they parked their ministry in and too "the circumcision" in Israel and Paul was sent with what he repeatedly referred to as "my gospel" (Romans 2:16 & 16:25; 2 Timothy 2:8), which he received, not from the Twelve but by revelation (Galatians 1:12) to the whole world.

Now, really! That's it! I'm not going to repeat that any more! How many times do I have to repeat the exact same point before it sinks into your thick head?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
No, the claim that the law demands perfection is a lie of the adversary and you should not buy into that false teaching.

That is about as antichrist a statement as I've ever seen on TOL.

If perfection isn't needed then neither was Christ's life and death and resurrection.

You've directly undermined the foundation of the gospel itself, if you haven't outright denied it altogether.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Robert Pate

Banned

If perfection isn't needed then neither was Christ's life and death and resurrection.

You've directly undermined the foundation of the gospel itself, if you haven't outright denied it altogether.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Right, Jesus is God's law incarnate in human flesh. Jesus was welcomed back into heaven because he perfectly fulfilled God's Holy Law. God only accepts perfection. We are accepted only in Christ.

God's Truth

One last time.

You are responding to what I've said as though I think Paul shouldn't exist.

You cannot debate people in such a way. Your presumptions are from your imagination and ruin the discussion. Stick to exactly what is said and not what your imagination would like you to hear.

That isn't the point I'm making.

My point is that his existence doesn't make sense FROM YOUR THEOLOGICAL PARADIGM!!!!

I am giving scriptures.

I know perfectly well that God chose Paul and why He did it. It makes totally perfect sense from my theological paradigm.
What you say is NOWHERE in the Bible. It is from the imagination of men.

genuineoriginal

If you think that, you don't even know anything about Christ.

If perfection was needed, then there would be no need for the animal sacrifices or the cities of refuge that are listed in the Law.

What you are imagining is the foundation of the gospel is just your imagination.
If you want to understand the foundation of the gospel, read about the New Covenant God spoke of in Jeremiah.

Robert Pate

Banned
If Jesus is God's law incarnate, then your constant rejection of God's Law is a rejection of Jesus Himself.

Hogwash!

The law reveals the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:21.

Jesus fulfilled the law and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

This is the age of faith and grace, not law and religion.

God's Truth

Hogwash!

The law reveals the righteousness of Christ, Romans 3:21.

Jesus fulfilled the law and then abolished it, Ephesians 2:15.

This is the age of faith and grace, not law and religion.

Jesus did NOT abolish the old law---he fulfilled it.

That is confusing and misunderstood by many.

It is fulfilled in Christ and since it became fulfilled in Christ---it made the old law abolished without Christ.

We have a new High Priest, and since there is a new High Priest the law must also change.

Hebrews 7:12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

God's Truth

WE ARE SINNERS

If you are still a sinner then you are not saved. The Bible says the saved are 'saints'.

Paul did not see himself as a sinner after Jesus saved him. Paul knew the saved were holy people

Romans 1:7 To all in Rome who are loved by God and called to be his holy people: Grace and peace to you from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 1:2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

2 Corinthians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, To the church of God in Corinth, together with all his holy people throughout Achaia:

Ephesians 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, To God’s holy people in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 1:18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people,

Ephesians 3:18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,

...and many more.

I cannot find scripture where Paul calls us the sinners in Christ.

God's Truth

Saved sinners. Many do not understand how you can be a sinner and saved.

We are called to live our lives before God as sinners. This is why Paul referred to himself as "The Chief of Sinners" 1 Timothy 1:15.

No such thing as a saved sinner. Sinners will suffer for their sins. God does not play favoritism.

You are delusional if you think that Paul was a chief sinner after being saved. Just imagine Paul being this horrific chief of sinners after being saved!!!That is such a ridiculous thought I could almost laugh, except that I see that people are ensnared by the devil to believe that lie. So instead of laughing I spend my time trying to explain the truth to you.

God's Truth

Can you imagine Paul doing horrific sinful things, yet preaching Christ died for our sins?

Romans 2:14 As it is written: "God's name is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you."

Do you really think Paul is going to be the cause of people blaspheming God?!!!

Can you imagine Paul putting hands on others and others keeping his filthy stained in corruption handkerchief to have a healing through!

Jude 1:23 save others by snatching them from the fire; to others show mercy, mixed with fear--hating even the clothing stained by corrupted flesh.

Acts 19:12 so that even handkerchiefs and aprons that had touched him were taken to the sick, and their illnesses were cured and the evil spirits left them.