WHAT DO YOU THINK OF GROSNICK MAROWBE??

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I have a passion for the simple truth of God's message of mercy, forgiveness and eternal life. And my passion dictates that I share my opinion that, Calvinism is an enemy of that simple truth.

I began speaking out against the insane ramblings of a madman in California named Harold Camping who was the owner and radio host of "Open Forum" on Family radio. It still broadcasts, sans Harold Camping who retired from active participation. In 2011 he predicted that the world would end and Christ would return for His elect on two different dates.

Neither date came to fruition. He was a member of a “reformed church" and held extremely strong Calvinistic beliefs. He constantly spoke of the elect. He knew his Bible cover to cover and acted as a "Bible answer man" on his radio show. He was extremely successful and charismatic in leading his listeners into delusion and false doctrine.

They lived by his every word. They gave up money, school, jobs, and relationships to spread the news that Christ would be returning for His "elect" in 2011. "It was guaranteed by the Bible," is what Camping told his followers and the media...Was Camping a, ‘Calvinist extremist,’ probably, but when I examined what Calvinists believe, I found many discrepancies between what the Bible actually says, and what the Calvinists teach and believe. They change the character and intent of the true God into something that's "unrecognizable" when one reads and studies the Bible themselves.

My experience is that any theology or group that has an "ism" associated with them is a problem. The "ism" is their own interpretation and is "exclusive" they miss the simplicity of faith and the heart of the Gospel.

wandering misfit

Perhaps it's time to start another thread??
:think: You might as well, or you can preach to the choir :idunno:
I don't think many who've paid attention to TOL and it's theological discussions over the last ???? are going to gratify your need for attention in this thread, especially of the Reformed faith.
Heck, even Rusha sees through your facade. :smack:

Lon

What are your thoughts and perceptions of Grosnick Marowbe? Be it positive or negative?? Do you agree with his doctrinal beliefs or disagree? Do you think he's here to share, teach, discuss, or spread a little levity? Do you think you really KNOW him? Do you think he's being sincere? What kind of person do you believe him to be? Has he made you, angry, sad, happy, laugh, or made you stop and think? Is he logical, intelligent, ignorant, humorous, pretentious, or perhaps self-aggrandizing? What are your honest opinions of him? Maybe you think it's a waste of time to comment or think this thread is self-promoting. All opinions will be taken into consideration and respected as long as they’re honest, serious, silly, outrageous, opinionated, objective, subjective, and well or "not so" thought out...
...egocentric...insecure...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:think: You might as well, or you can preach to the choir :idunno:
I don't think many who've paid attention to TOL and it's theological discussions over the last ???? are going to gratify your need for attention in this thread, especially of the Reformed faith.
Heck, even Rusha sees through your facade. :smack:

HEY! I resemble that remark!!!

toetap.gif

sky.

BANNED
Banned
...egocentric...insecure...

Right, how stupid. As if the ones who think that they are the "elect" aren't egocentric...

Egocentric - having or regarding the self or the individual as the center of all things: an egocentric philosophy that ignores social causes.
2. having little or no regard for interests, beliefs, or attitudes other than one's own; self-centered: an egocentric person; egocentric demands upon the time and patience of others.

I wonder if Nang fits that description with her constant reporting of people who cross her.

And GM is so "insecure" he started a thread to hear everyones opinion of him.

Lon

Right, how stupid. As if the ones who think that they are the "elect" aren't egocentric...
No, not at all. I believe very much the same as everbody else concerning the elect. Our difference is how we believe we both got there. It isn't as egocentric as you'd imagine, because I don't believe I was anything extra-special to be saved by God. Regardless, either view has a sense of egocentrism, one for one aspect like freewill and choice and the other for the freewill of God.
I wonder if Nang fits that description with her constant reporting of people who cross her.

And GM is so "insecure" he started a thread to hear everyones opinion of him.
Not sure. We all wrestle a bit. I'm a big-picture (global thinker) person but I'm egocentric in whichever way I've placed too much emphasis on myself, whether it be a problem or exception. I have nothing I've not received - all glory to Him.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
No, not at all. I believe very much the same as everybody else concerning the elect. Our difference is how we believe we both got there. It isn't as egocentric as you'd imagine, because I don't believe I was anything extra-special to be saved by God. Regardless, either view has a sense of egocentrism, one for one aspect like freewill and choice and the other for the freewill of God.

That sounds like crap to me. All you calvinists go around telling everyone that you are the elect and who can be the elect and that you are even regenerated by the Holy Spirit BEFORE you exercise your faith in Christ. I know I was not saved until after I exercised my faith. Did I have anything to do with Christ going willining to the cross NO. Did I accept His sacrifice on my behalf willingly sort of. I really didn't want to but I did anyway. I was afraid for many years to let go of myself "my sovereignty" over myself.

I believed I was created by God but I was not born again until I accepted Christ.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Amen excellent post...

The difference is that I had to put one foot in front of the other in order to get to the end. In my life I had many starts and stops when it came to accepting Christ. If it had not been for me making the effort to keep with it when I finally decided myself that it was time then I would still be on the outside of my faith looking in.

It took a good pastor who helped me understand what I was accepting. It's called sharing and teaching the Gospel. Everyday I have to slay my ego but now I do it because I agreed to not because God elected me to do it.