ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

turbosixx

When people would confess their sins and repent of them.

Repent of sins means to be sorry of your sins and desire to stop doing them.

This doesn't say we pledge to God. Why not use the scripture that says how we appeal to God?

21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

BIBLE SAYS baptism is an appeal to God.

God's Truth

Yes, it's tells us water baptism is not a bath but a pledge.

In the prior verse he uses an example of people being saved and says they were saved through water.

20to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

He uses that example to prove water baptism saves.

The pledge is made and water is involed.

1 Corinthians 10:1 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea. 2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.

God's Truth

This doesn't say we pledge to God. Why not use the scripture that says how we appeal to God?

21Corresponding to that, baptism now saves you-not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience-through the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

You cannot get away from Cornelius and his whole household and the Samaritans.

They were NOT saved at water baptism.

God's Truth

We appeal to God by confessing, repenting, and pledging.

lifeisgood

Yes, it's tells us water baptism is not a bath but a pledge.

In the prior verse he uses an example of people being saved and says they were saved through water.

20to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

He uses that example to prove water baptism saves.

Water baptism does not save / has never saved anyone.

Abraham was not water baptized and he was saved.
Isaac was not water baptized and he was saved.
Jacob was not water baptized and he was saved, etc., etc., etc.

Water baptism is simply a symbol of what has ALREADY happened in the inside --- I am saved.

A person does not get saved by being water baptized, they get water baptized because they have been saved.

turbosixx

I have been showing you but you will not accept it.

Yes, the Holy Spirit adds us to Christ but it takes water and the Spirit. I only accept what the bible says.

Bible says baptism saves us, and I believe it.

6He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

God's Truth

Yes, the Holy Spirit adds us to Christ but it takes water and the Spirit. I only accept what the bible says.

Bible says baptism saves us, and I believe it.

6He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

God does not contradict Himself.

turbosixx

Water baptism does not save / has never saved anyone.

Abraham was not water baptized and he was saved.
Isaac was not water baptized and he was saved.
Jacob was not water baptized and he was saved, etc., etc., etc.

Water baptism is simply a symbol of what has ALREADY happened in the inside --- I am saved.

A person does not get saved by being water baptized, they get water baptized because they have been saved.

Then you disagree with God because he says it does.

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

God's Truth

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The pledge of a clear conscience!

God's Truth

The resurrection of Jesus Christ.

turbosixx

God does not contradict Himself.

Ok, the bible says in plain language "baptism that now saves you" but you choose to use examples that you just might not fully understand, to prove to yourself that baptism cannot save you.

I choose to look closer at the examples to understand how the two agree rather than disbelieve what is clearly written in black and white.