ECT WHAT ACTS 2:28 REALLY MEANS !!

turbosixx

According to him, he was in Uncircumcision with Israel, when he was saved, Rom. 2:25; Acts 26: 9-18.

This was/is a different gospel - "of the uncircumcision," Gal. 2:7-9.

It appears you are mixing circumcision of the heart with physical circumcision? Is the gospel of the uncircumcision of the heart or physical?

turbosixx

You have already been shown that it is not always done at water baptism.

It can be done before water baptism, during water baptism, and after baptism.

When people went against Jesus, Jesus told them scripture could NOT be put aside.

See John 10:35.

Since the scriptures show that people can be saved before, or after a water baptism, you are going against Jesus when you say it is not done.

Just imagine how many people's testimony you are bearing false witness against.

"Baptism that now saves you"
"Baptism cannot save you"

Which one do YOU believe!

Interplanner

Complete the sentence. "Baptism now saves you--not the washing of dirt from the skin" (as in late pre-Christian Judaism) "but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Christ..." So a person is to pledge a good conscience, and yet that is not the material reason why they are saved. They are saved by the resurrection.

turbosixx

Complete the sentence. "Baptism now saves you--not the washing of dirt from the skin" (as in late pre-Christian Judaism) "but the pledge of a good conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Christ..." So a person is to pledge a good conscience, and yet that is not the material reason why they are saved. They are saved by the resurrection.

What noun is "it" referring to?

God's Truth

You are both making something way too complicated. It is not complicated.

I think you have quoted Danoh's quote to me, but you meant this for Danoh and Turbosixx?

Jesus does not have one law for some and another for others.
I agree.

But he does say what kind of danger a person is when they say someone else is a fool.

He is in danger, just as Jesus says.
Danoh is also grammatically challenged.

He has shown us that he is.

God's Truth

"Baptism that now saves you"
"Baptism cannot save you"

Which one do YOU believe!

You have forgotten about BAPTISM of the Holy Spirit.

You can be water baptized many times and it will NOT save you.

You must be baptized with the Holy Spirit to be saved.

I was baptized at 2 months of age in the Catholic church, and then again as an adult in another false religion.

I could have been baptized at every denomination known to man and would still not have been saved.

Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Spirit when he accepts us.

God's Truth

That is well said.

Water baptism is a ceremony and symbol of what has already happened in our heart. It is when we PLEDGE to God that we will die to sins and live for Jesus.

turbosixx

You must be baptized with the Holy Spirit to be saved.

I agree when need to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved, but is 1 Pt. 3:21 telling us that water baptism or baptism of the Holy Spirit saves?

I'm trying to show you that you really don't believe what it says.

God's Truth

I agree when need to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved, but is 1 Pt. 3:21 telling us that water baptism or baptism of the Holy Spirit saves?

I'm trying to show you that you really don't believe what it says.

I believe what all the scriptures say. We have to receive the Holy Spirit to be saved, and the Word of God rebukes you with the truth, with scriptures that show people were given the Holy Spirit before a water baptism, and some people were NOT saved during a water baptism.

turbosixx

That is well said.

Water baptism is a ceremony and symbol of what has already happened in our heart. It is when we PLEDGE to God that we will die to sins and live for Jesus.

According to this passage how do we make the pledge?

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

God's Truth

According to this passage how do we make the pledge?

21and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

We pledge to God that we will die to the sins of the world and live to please the Lord.

God's Truth

Water baptism symbolizes are dying to the sins of the world.

We stand in the water; make the pledge, lean back as if dead go in the water as if buried, and then we rise up out of the water, we rise up to live a new life to please the Lord.

turbosixx

We pledge to God that we will die to the sins of the world and live to please the Lord.

Why must you ignore scripture you don't like and insert another?

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

God's Truth

Why must you ignore scripture you don't like and insert another?

and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

The scripture plainly says THE PLEDGE.

turbosixx

The scripture plainly says THE PLEDGE.

Yes, it's tells us water baptism is not a bath but a pledge.

In the prior verse he uses an example of people being saved and says they were saved through water.

20to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,

He uses that example to prove water baptism saves.