ECT We know that God does not hear sinners ...

God's Truth

I read all your quotes and I still don't see it. As they say in Missouri "SHOW ME".

John the baptizer preached to Herod.

John's baptism was a baptism of repentance.

When people came to hear John, he told them they had to repent of their sins.

Why else do you think John told Herod he was sinning by marrying his brother's wife?

You don't see it either where Paul says exactly what John the baptizer says.

MATTHEW 3:6 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and then to the Gentiles, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and demonstrate their repentance by their deeds.
PAUL, the Apostle ACTS 26:20

God's Truth

Your claim that Herod threw John the Baptist into prison because Herod came to be baptized is without any scriptural support.

Herod came to listen to John the baptizer, the one who preaches a water baptism of repentance.

Herod could not get baptized unless he repented of his sins.

John told Herod that it was a sin that he was married to his brothers wife.

John told him of his many sins that he had done.

Why is John preaching to Herod about all his sins if he did not try to get baptized?

Luke 3:7 So he began saying to the crowds who were going out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits in keeping with repentance,...

...18 So with many other exhortations he preached the gospel to the people. 19 But when Herod the tetrarch was reprimanded by him because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the wicked things which Herod had done, 20 Herod also added this to them all: he locked John up in prison.

Cross Reference

Romans 6:1KJV What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

Which is why he says, "God forbid". We should never say we may as well sin because we are not under the law. He goes on to explain how we are "dead to sin"...so how can we possibly live any longer therein.

Romans 6:2KJV God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

If you don't understand what Paul is saying, then this cannot possibly make any sense whatsoever.

Romans 6:7KJV For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If you are "dead to sin", why do you still sin? Want the answer?

I'm not making God out to be petty. Jesus told us in Matt. 5 that we were to be "perfect" as the Father in Heaven is perfect. He means exactly that and whatever is not of faith is sin.

How do you do that without pursuing Him to "know" intimately Him?

Want the answer? Are you ready to hear it? I don't think so.

In the same way I would stop speeding if the speed signs were removed. I lost the desire to speed when I trusted the Lord to get me there on time. I cannot sin if the law is removed. Sin is transgression of the law.

Then your wilful ignorance should be a blissful experience.

I'm not going to get into whether that was written to me or to the Hebrews. What was written to me is what Paul said....that I underwent the operation of God and was baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ...a new creation.

And how was your Pentecostal experience?

I trust in the Lord to perform that work He began in me. I am quite confident He will do it. Whatever I try to do through my own efforts fails. It's because God intends us to walk entirely by faith.

He never performs what you won't allow.

He made it holy when He explained in Matt. 5 that even looking at a woman with lust was committing adultery. And, He revealed to the Apostle Paul EXACTLY what the purpose of the Law was and what it is NOT.

So much for your salvation? But then, that demands a definition, doesn't it?

Cross Reference

Here is understanding and wisdom:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:" 1 John 2:1 (KJV)

"And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked." 1 John 2:3 (KJV)

Here is the process unto "maturity" and the reason why:

"I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.
14 I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.
15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." 1 John 2:13-15 (KJV) See also John 17:3,22 KJV.

Father's beget sons. . . And that is the reason for your salvation.

Reread Paul in that light. Begin with Ephesians.

Cross Reference

"And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to day and to morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected." Luke 13:32 (KJV)

If by perfection Jesus was alluding to His own resurrection then it stands to reason our perfection is by the same means for functioning in life. Paul speaks of this in the KJV translation:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 (KJV) Such faith is an impartation by the process of learning the Father. If it didn't work that way with Jesus, it will not work that way, as purposed, in us.The Holy Spirit is our tutor every bit as much as it was His.

Therefore, if we say we died with Him then it is we were also raised with Him in "newness of [His] Life". Now it is that it must be that we become poured out wine and broken bread and it all worked out through our finger tips in the loving of others as He loved us..

When we fail it is because our relationship with God is yet "incomplete". We have not yet learned how to abandon our lives on the cross.

Irrespective of the clarity of this understanding, some will continue to make it an issue about "works salvation", "Jesus did it all" mentality. That is unfortunate.

What kind of union did Jesus Christ, the visible eternal Living Word of God, have with the God? Such a union that the God sent him down here to be spent for us, and He says: “As the [My] Father hath sent Me [cf Lu.4:1}, even so send I you”.

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Okay, these post are getting too long, so I'm breaking them up. I'll start with this one.

In Matthew 5, Jesus said that we are to be perfect as our Father in heaven is perfect. You say that means "mature". So, you think Jesus is saying we are to be "mature" as God is "mature"? Really? :think:

I say He was talking about our being perfect IN CHRIST, which is what He would reveal to Paul down the road, so to speak.

Colossians 1:28
28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:​

τέλειος teleios - G5046
  • brought to its end, finished
  • wanting nothing necessary to completeness
  • perfect
  • that which is perfect
    • consummate human integrity and virtue
    • of men
      • full grown, adult, of full age, mature

What ends up happening is people think they can somehow stop sinning
God believes that people can stop sinning, why do you refuse to believe it?

and be good enough
I see where your problem comes from.
The belief that people can be "good enough" is the leaven of the Pharisees that Jesus warned of.
You have been polluted with the belief so much that you equate not sinning with being good enough.
That is preventing you from coming to the truth.

our own righteousness can never be good enough no matter how old we get.
You are teaching that we can never be good enough for a petty God, so we shouldn't even try.

God is not that petty.

If your teaching led to people humbling themselves and submitting to God's will, then it would be fine.
Instead it leads to prideful boasting that you don't have to care whether you are sinning or not, because you claim Jesus has it covered.

That is not how God's Grace works.

James 4:6
6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.​

If you think being righteous gives you a right to boast, then you are just like the Pharisee that God rejected.

If you think being sinful is no big deal, then you are lost.

If you are aware of your sins and repent, saying "God have mercy on me, a sinner," then God will look upon you with favor (Grace).
But, this cannot be an empty repentance.
Stopping the sin you are repenting of must be part of repentance or it is meaningless.

genuineoriginal

Herod came to listen to John the baptizer . . .

Herod could not get baptized unless he repented of his sins.
None of that is in the Bible.
John told Herod that it was a sin that he was married to his brothers wife.
Yes, John probably went to Herod to tell him this, since there is no mention of Herod going to meet John to get baptized.

John told him of his many sins that he had done.

Why is John preaching to Herod about all his sins if he did not try to get baptized?
There is no record of John telling Herod of his many sins that he had done.
There is no record of Herod trying to get baptized by John.

The only record is of Herod putting John in prison because John told Herod it was not lawful to have his brother's wife.

Last edited:

glorydaz

τέλειος teleios - G5046
  • brought to its end, finished
  • wanting nothing necessary to completeness
  • perfect
  • that which is perfect
    • consummate human integrity and virtue
    • of men
      • full grown, adult, of full age, mature

I'm not sure there is much point in moving on as long as we have this issue standing between us. You will never understand why I say what I do until you understand this simple fact. The only way for us to be PERFECT as our Father in Heaven is PERFECT is to be IN CHRIST.

Colossians 2:10
And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:​

glorydaz

Yes, John probably went to Herod to tell him this, since there is no mention of Herod going to meet John to get baptized.

The only record is of Herod putting John in prison because John told Herod it was not lawful to have his brother's wifs.

:e4e:

God's Truth

The only record is of Herod putting John in prison because John told Herod it was not lawful to have his brother's wifs.

Wow, are you blind? Why didn't you look at the scriptures I gave?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Go to hell.

17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

G.O. is a BIG pain in the neck!

God's Truth

No, John “probably” did not.

THE BIBLE says people came out to John.

Luke 3:1 In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and Traconitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene—

7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Did you read that?

JOHN SAID to the PEOPLE COMING OUT to be baptized…

You really are blind.
Luke 3:19 But when Herod the tetrarch was reprimanded by him because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the wicked things which Herod had done, 20 Herod also added this to them all: he locked John up in prison.

Did you read that? Did you see it? When John REPRIMANDED Herod about his wife, and ALL THE OTHER WICKED THINGS which HEROD had done, Herod merely responded by locking John up in prison for the reprimand.

glorydaz

If you are "dead to sin", why do you still sin? Want the answer?

I have the answer. Paul has given it quite clearly.
How do you do that without pursuing Him to "know" intimately Him?

Want the answer? Are you ready to hear it? I don't think so.

I was created IN HIM. There is no longer any need to seek or pursue Him, and I know Him because His Spirit dwells in me and I in Him. I didn't create myself in Him. That is the work of God...not of myself. I am HIS workmanship...bought and paid for kept by HIM and IN HIM unto the day of redemption.

Then your wilful ignorance should be a blissful experience.

I enjoy a peace that passes all understanding. It sounds like you don't. :think:

And how was your Pentecostal experience?

I wasn't at Pentecost.

He never performs what you won't allow.

Why would He need to? He gives me the desire to please Him and He gives me the ability and strength to do it.

So much for your salvation? But then, that demands a definition, doesn't it?

I understood the definition of salvation when I heard the Gospel and was saved.

glorydaz

You are blindly following genuineoriginal.

That's dumb. I'm the one who pointed out your error of claiming Herod came to John to be baptized. GO saw your error and agreed. You think because "people" came to be baptized that Herod came to be baptized....that's about as dumb as it gets. There's no polite way to tell you that. We tried to stop you from doubling down so you wouldn't embarrass yourself, but since you insist.....

God's Truth

That's dumb. I'm the one who pointed out your error of claiming Herod came to John to be baptized. GO saw your error and agreed. You think because "people" came to be baptized that Herod came to be baptized....that's about as dumb as it gets. There's no polite way to tell you that. We tried to stop you from doubling down so you wouldn't embarrass yourself, but since you insist.....

You are an embarrassment.