ECT We know that God does not hear sinners ...

genuineoriginal

No, John “probably” did not.

THE BIBLE says people came out to John.

Luke 3:1 In the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar—when Pontius Pilate was governor of Judea, Herod tetrarch of Galilee, his brother Philip tetrarch of Iturea and Traconitis, and Lysanias tetrarch of Abilene—

7 John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Did you read that?

JOHN SAID to the PEOPLE COMING OUT to be baptized…
He said it to the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?​

You really are blind.
Luke 3:19 But when Herod the tetrarch was reprimanded by him because of Herodias, his brother’s wife, and because of all the wicked things which Herod had done, 20 Herod also added this to them all: he locked John up in prison.

Did you read that? Did you see it? When John REPRIMANDED Herod about his wife, and ALL THE OTHER WICKED THINGS which HEROD had done, Herod merely responded by locking John up in prison for the reprimand.

_____
Matthew Poole's Commentary
Luke 3 Ver. 19,20. These two verses sufficiently confirm to us, that we are not to expect to find the several passages in the Gospel concerning John the Baptist set down according to the order of time in which they happened, for the evangelist sets down the imprisonment of John before the baptism of Christ, mentioned in the two next verses, which we know could not be as to the order of time, our Saviour being baptized by John. John was in so great repute, that Herod himself heard him, did many things, and heard him gladly, Mark 6:20.
_____​

Luke engaged in something called a "Narrative Aside", which is a short comment added to a narrative to provide additional information.

In giving the account of John the Baptist, Luke chose to mention the imprisonment of John in Luke 3 during the narrative about the baptisms, but gives a more detailed account of it in Luke 9 when the beheading happened like the other gospels.

God's Truth

He said it to the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matthew 3:7
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?​

_____
Matthew Poole's Commentary
Luke 3 Ver. 19,20. These two verses sufficiently confirm to us, that we are not to expect to find the several passages in the Gospel concerning John the Baptist set down according to the order of time in which they happened, for the evangelist sets down the imprisonment of John before the baptism of Christ, mentioned in the two next verses, which we know could not be as to the order of time, our Saviour being baptized by John. John was in so great repute, that Herod himself heard him, did many things, and heard him gladly, Mark 6:20.
_____​

This is so sad. Admit you made a mistake.

God's Truth

Genuineoriginal,

I did not expect the smoke and mirrors act from you...not the mere denial, and the posting of other scriptures to nullify the scriptures that were give to you THAT PROVE YOU WRONG. Haaaaa Oh how I love the Word of God.

God's Truth

Maybe there is an idiot that will approve of some of the posters here; or, maybe there is no one here that truly wants only the Word of God.

genuineoriginal

Genuineoriginal,

I did not expect the smoke and mirrors act from you...not the mere denial, and the posting of other scriptures to nullify the scriptures that were give to you THAT PROVE YOU WRONG. Haaaaa Oh how I love the Word of God.
I have learned to read what is written, you have not.

The similarities and differences of the Synoptic Gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are used when trying to identify the timeline of the events described.
You have taken a narrative aside found only in Luke's gospel and are trying to make it into something it is not.
John was not arrested before Jesus was baptized, which shows that Herod was not one of the people that came out to see John, as you claim.

God's Truth

I have learned to read what is written, you have not.

The similarities and differences of the Synoptic Gospels, Matthew, Mark, and Luke, are used when trying to identify the timeline of the events described.
You have taken a narrative aside found only in Luke's gospel and are trying to make it into something it is not.
John was not arrested before Jesus was baptized, which shows that Herod was not one of the people that came out to see John, as you claim.

This is sad. Believe what is PLAINLY written. You are no different than glorydaz. Think about that for awhile.

glorydaz

The first step is admitting when you are wrong. I don't think I've ever seen you do that. Here is a chance for you to show your "repentance" on this issue.

Now you are thinking right. Repent and be saved.

This is showing you the correct usage of the word repentance. It involves you having a change of mind. You've been shown where you were wrong, now it's up to you to see it and change your thinking.

Cross Reference

I have the answer. Paul has given it quite clearly.

I was created IN HIM. There is no longer any need to seek or pursue Him, and I know Him because His Spirit dwells in me and I in Him. I didn't create myself in Him. That is the work of God...not of myself. I am HIS workmanship...bought and paid for kept by HIM and IN HIM unto the day of redemption.

I enjoy a peace that passes all understanding. It sounds like you don't. :think:

I wasn't at Pentecost.

Why would He need to? He gives me the desire to please Him and He gives me the ability and strength to do it.

I understood the definition of salvation when I heard the Gospel and was saved.

You are simply calling Jesus a liar.