ECT Two Gospels Preached During The Acts Period

DAN P

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

Those who are said to be "in Christ" are members of the Church, which is His Body. It is inconceivable that Paul would use the phrase "in Christ" indiscriminately, sometimes applying it to the Body of Christ and sometimes not. That would lead to nothing but confusion and our Lord is not a God of confusion. Therefore the following verse must refer to the fact that others preceded Paul as members of the Body of Christ:

"Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).​

Hi Jerry and just where did Jesus OR Peter EVER say that they were " in Christ '?

Just to get the ball rolling to you ??

dan p

DAN P

Those who are said to be "in Christ" are members of the Church, which is His Body. It is inconceivable that Paul would use the phrase "in Christ" indiscriminately, sometimes applying it to the Body of Christ and sometimes not. That would lead to nothing but confusion and our Lord is not a God of confusion. Therefore the following verse must refer to the fact that others preceded Paul as members of the Body of Christ:

DAN P

Hi and just how did Andronico and Junia placed into the B O C < Pray tell , so lets have a verse !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and just where did Jesus OR Peter EVER say that they were " in Christ '?

At the end of Peter's first epistle he says this to those who received that epistle;

"Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus" (1 Pet.5:14).​

In His first epistle the apostle John wrote this:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

These Jewish Christians are told that the eternal life which has been given to them is 'in" the Son. This can only be in regard to how the sinner is made "alive together with Christ":

"even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ.

DAN P

At the end of Peter's first epistle he says this to those who received that epistle;

"Peace be with you all that are in Christ Jesus" (1 Pet.5:14).​

In His first epistle the apostle John wrote this:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

These Jewish Christians are told that the eternal life which has been given to them is 'in" the Son. This can only be in regard to how the sinner is made "alive together with Christ":

"even when we were dead in our transgressions, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up with Him, and seated us with Him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Eph.2:5-6).​

This speaks of the Christian's total identification with the Lord Jesus, a truth which is true for only those who are in the Body of Christ.

Hi Jerry and there is no contraction between 1 Peter and Gal 3:28 !!

Peter was writing to those to Jews who would receive PROPHESIED GRACE and in 1 Peter 2:6 who REJECTED Christ and in Gal 3:28 there are NEITHER Jews or Greeks and by your definition all are saved by Grace and that is not true !!

GRACE is different from the MYSTERY and in the MYSTERY there are no JEWS or Greeks and that is why the 12 Apostles are NOT in the B O C OR " in Christ " as the PRESENT TENSE is used 4 times all in the Dispensation of the Grace of God .

Peter never can BE nor never will be in the B O C and Peter never preach about the B O C !!

The phrase " jn Christ " Jesus is used 47 times by us Paul !!

' IN the Lord used 41 times !!

In CHRIST used 31 times !!

Used in Him , 20 times !!

In the Lord , 6 times !!

Gentiles were NVER promised to be KINGS and Priest as Israel was in Ex 19:6 or in Rev 1:6 !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

GRACE is different from the MYSTERY and in the MYSTERY there are no JEWS or Greeks and that is why the 12 Apostles are NOT in the B O C OR " in Christ " as the PRESENT TENSE is used 4 times all in the Dispensation of the Grace of God .

All saved people are saved by grace, even those believers who lived under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"
(Ro.4:16).​

DAN P

According to Jesus his spiritual body is built on Cephas.

Hi and you have changed from Pentecostal to RCC ?

Matt 16:18 , says , THAT I WILL BUILD is a verb in the FUTURE TENSE and it means FUTURE , and since Israel has been set aside , in the FUTURE , after the Great Tribulation , it will be built on Christ the STONE that Israel rejected in 1 Peter 2:5-8 and should remind you of Rom 11:11 !!

dan p

DAN P

All saved people are saved by grace, even those believers who lived under the law:

"Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all"

Hi Jerry and I see that you believe in Grace , BUT Grace just means FAVOR, and Graciousness and does not mean the Dispensation of the GRACE of God !!

dan p

northwye

"Nevertheless though we walk compassed with ye flesh yet we war not fleshly." II Corinthians 10: 3

We do war against false doctrines though. But don't get into prolonged arguments with individuals who promote false doctrines. Paul teaches in Romans 1: 28-29 that those who like to εριδος , eris, quarrel, have been given over by God to a reprobate mind. He said in I Corinthians 11: 16, "If there be any man among you yet lusteth to strive let him know that we have no such custom nether the congregations of God.,"

Strive is from φιλόνεικος, philoneikos, number 5380,"from philos and neikos ,a quarrel; probably akin to nikos; fond of strife, i.e. Disputatious -- contentious. " Or love of strife.

Yet Christ himself made war verbally against the false doctrines argued against his word in John 8: 31-47

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

Hi Jerry and I see that you believe in Grace , BUT Grace just means FAVOR, and Graciousness and does not mean the Dispensation of the GRACE of God !!

No one said that the word "grace" means the "dispensation of the grace of God."

So tell me Dan, what do you think that the words "dispensation of the grace of God" mean.

Thanks!

DAN P

No one said that the word "grace" means the "dispensation of the grace of God."

So tell me Dan, what do you think that the words "dispensation of the grace of God" mean.

Thanks!

Hi and in Acts 20:24 , Paul calls it a MINISTRY !!

That Paul received from the Lord !!

To testify of the Gospel/Good News of God's CHARIS / FAVOR !!

In Eph 3:2 it is called the the DISPENSATION of the GRACE OF God !!

The Greek word for DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA is a Greek Compound word that means HOUSE LAW , so what are the House Laws :

#1, Reconcilation
#2 , SEALING
#3, DEPARTURE , SO CALLED RAPTURE
#4, B O C
#5, JUSTIFICATION
#6, REDEMPTION
#7 RIGHREOUSNESS
#8, HOLY SPIRIT
#9,SEATED IN THE HEAVENLIES
#10,GIVEN GIFTS FOR MINISTRY
#11,BEMA SEAT
#12,SANTIFICATION

These are benefits that the Law of Moses does not give to the B O C !!

dan p

Jerry Shugart

Hi and in Acts 20:24 , Paul calls it a MINISTRY !!

That Paul received from the Lord !!

To testify of the Gospel/Good News of God's CHARIS / FAVOR !!

In Eph 3:2 it is called the the DISPENSATION of the GRACE OF God !!

The Greek word for DISPENSATION / OIKONOMIA is a Greek Compound word that means HOUSE LAW

That is right so when we put these three verses from the pen of Paul we can determine exactly what Paul's dispensational responsibility was:

"If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me toward you"
(Eph. 3:2).​

"Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God" (Col.1:25).​

"...a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me" (1 Cor.9:17).​

The "dispensation" which was committed to Paul is in regard to "God's grace", a "ministry", and a "gospel." Here Paul sums up his dispensational responsibility:

"But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God" (Acts 20: 24).​

In Bibliotheca Sacra, a journal published by Dallas Theological Seminary, Roy L. Aldrich quotes these three verses (Eph.3:2; Col.1:25; 1 Cor.9:17) and then says, "These passages use the word 'dispensation' (or 'stewardship') to describe the sacred commission or trust to preach the gospel" [emphasis added] (Aldrich, "A New Look at Dispensationalism," Bibliotheca Sacra, January-March, 1963, Vol.120, Number 477, p.43).

There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace."

DAN P

Jerry Shugart;48). There can be no doubt whatsoever that the event which marks the beginning of the "dispensation of grace" is the preaching of the "gospel of grace."[/QUOTE said:
Hi Jerry and these guys are just wrong !!

There is ONLY one Dispensation of thre Grace of God and it does not mean STEWARDSHIP at all as I have shown in one post I wrote to you , and ALL others to me are AGES !!

Col 1:25 , that Paul wrote says it FULFILL or COMPLETE THE word of God , how about that Jerry and is in the Greek AORIST TENSE and it points back as to when the Holy Spirit had Paul himself write Col 1:25 !!

If as you has said that salvation under the Law and we are saved by GRACE , then you are definitely INCORRECT !!

The second verb is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and that means it had a beginning and HAS A CONTINOUS ACTION in Present time and HIDDEN in God UNTIL given to Paul and not in the Gospels !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The second verb is in the Greek PERFECT TENSE and that means it had a beginning and HAS A CONTINOUS ACTION in Present time and HIDDEN in God UNTIL given to Paul and not in the Gospels !!

Are you saying that as the least apostle, Paul would have preached a different gospel than the senior apostles?

No way.

DAN P

Are you saying that as the least apostle, Paul would have preached a different gospel than the senior apostles?

No way.

Hi and I say that you LOST and I won , I like being a WINNER !!

So , you believe Jesus MADE the wrong chose in Acts 9:6 in calling Paul by GRACE in Gal 1:15 ??

What do you LIKE ??

dan p

Jerry Shugart

If as you has said that salvation under the Law and we are saved by GRACE , then you are definitely INCORRECT !!

Then that means that Paul was wrong because that is exactly what he wrote:

Why do you continue to refuse to believe what Paul said there?

DAN P

Then that means that Paul was wrong because that is exactly what he wrote:

Why do you continue to refuse to believe what Paul said there?

Hi Jerry and just for one you have ABRAHAM in verse 16 BUT it is ABRAM so check it out and ABRAM in Gen 12:1-2 !!

I believe Rom 4;16 and it has always been by FAITH , just check Hew 11 , BUT what does Faith mean in Heb 11 , mean ??

Under the Law you have 613 DO and DO NOTS !!

Don't you see TWO groups here ??

One " from the Law !!

But also to the ONE from Abram FAITH !!

Jerry GRACE just means FAVOR and verse 17 Abram is the father of the GENTILES !!

dan p