Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
AAslRBR.img

Only the conservative "alternate universe" could be so callous as to contemplate repealing Obamacare without providing a replacement!

Given that national approval polls have placed support of previous Republican healthcare initiatives at 17%, the American public have concluded that the priority of the GOP, first an foremost, is to promote the agendas of wealthy special interest groups.

Not the states job.

You're about a clueless one ain't yuh?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
If that's the most racist related info you guys can find these days
You didn't ask for the most racist related, whatever that means. Anyway, you already had notice on the disparity between whites and blacks in arrests and sentencing on the same crime. Adding a systematic bias likely echoed beyond the government seems reasonable and troubling.

I'd say we're doing much better than years past.
That the goal? That enough? We should be doing better. It's not a very high bar.

Like the article said, even liberals are guilty of name discriminating "unknowingly"
If liberals have some of the problem imagine what it's like elsewhere.

Danoh

Do not expect the racist to see himself for what he is.

And generally, the less inwardly reflecting the individual, the less likely he or she is to catch a glimpse of his or her own ignorance, bigotry, double-standard, racism, and so forth, in the very moment of its so otherwise obvious manifestation.

Sort of like the late, Michael Jackson's so profound a song "Man in the Mirror..."

Only for us all to find especially after his death, how badly he himself had ignored said song's call for the courage of self-reflection - may he have found the Lord's rest, in his last hour - Romans 5:8.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
You didn't ask for the most racist related, whatever that means. Anyway, you already had notice on the disparity between whites and blacks in arrests and sentencing on the same crime. Adding a systematic bias likely echoed beyond the government seems reasonable and troubling.

That the goal? That enough? We should be doing better. It's not a very high bar.

If liberals have some of the problem imagine what it's like elsewhere.

:up:

rexlunae

If that's the most racist related info you guys can find these days, I'd say we're doing much better than years past. Wiz posted something similar. Like the article said, even liberals are guilty of name discriminating "unknowingly"

The past includes slavery and Jim Crow. I mean, the recent past. So, if the standard is just 'do better than in the past', we're not clearing a very high bar.

It's certainly true that it's not just a problem of any one political alignment, but it is true that conservatives tend to be more inclined to fail to recognize or acknowledge racism.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Do not expect the racist to see himself for what he is.

And generally, the less inwardly reflecting the individual, the less likely he or she is to catch a glimpse of his or her own ignorance, bigotry, double-standard, racism, and so forth, in the very moment of its so otherwise obvious manifestation.

Sort of like the late, Michael Jackson's so profound a song "Man in the Mirror..."

Only for us all to find especially after his death, how badly he himself had ignored said song's call for the courage of self-reflection - may he have found the Lord's rest, in his last hour - Romans 5:8.
Most "racists" and "bigots" are white according to you, I assume. I think those whites are only as racist towards blacks and minorities as the blacks and minorities are racist against whites.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I also want to see laws passed to force all future POTUSs to use social media as regularly as he is the model president in terms of openness and communication frequency with Americans and with the world, and has set the precedent for all of them. He is the most powerful person in the whole world, and I sure do like knowing what he's thinking about at all times, given all that power.
. . .
One of the things I love about President Trump, is that we absolutely know that he is not holding anything back from us. President Bush played that part well, though he did withhold plenty from us, but if President Trump is doing that, he is way smarter than me, because I can't see any trickery; I think he means what he says, and twitters.
http://us.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politics/ivana-trump-cbs-interview/index.html
Ivana Trump: Donald Trump wouldn't be who he is without me said:
Ivana Trump also said she ...has encouraged [her ex-husband, President Trump] in his Twitter habits.
Ivana Trump said:
I said,
Ivana Trump said:
I think you should tweet. It's a new way, a new technology. And if you want to get your words across rightly, without telling The New York Times, which is going to twist every single word of yours, this is how you get your message out.
Trump said she told her ex-husband.
What a gal! He didn't deserve her!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Most "racists" and "bigots" are white according to you, I assume. I think those whites are only as racist towards blacks and minorities as the blacks and minorities are racist against whites.
I'm pretty sure Africans are racists against other Africans. It's natural human bias to associate darker skin with bad, and lighter skin with good. Reason? Darkness and light stuff, is my first uninformed first guess. But if that's correct, then this expands the whole scope of what to do about racism. It isn't about one race discriminating and prejudicing against another; it's a species thing. That's a whole different problem, with different solutions.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Black people, it is more out of malice, but white people, it i more sense of superiority, modified with feelings of mistrust.IMO, white people are way more snippy

Lots of black people where I live; a little friendly smile will break that ice.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Most old white ladies with a nice income, nice vehicle and live in the best neighbourhoods are snobby. Not me!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Black people, it is more out of malice, but white people, it i more sense of superiority, modified with feelings of mistrust.IMO, white people are way more snippy

Lots of black people where I live; a little friendly smile will break that ice.
I love black people. They're like my favorite people.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure Africans are racists against other Africans. It's natural human bias to associate darker skin with bad, and lighter skin with good. Reason? Darkness and light stuff, is my first uninformed first guess. But if that's correct, then this expands the whole scope of what to do about racism. It isn't about one race discriminating and prejudicing against another; it's a species thing. That's a whole different problem, with different solutions.

I do not agree with that. Why then do so many white persons try to be tan?

rexlunae

I'm pretty sure Africans are racists against other Africans.

Especially white Africans.

It's natural human bias to associate darker skin with bad, and lighter skin with good. Reason? Darkness and light stuff, is my first uninformed first guess.

That's entirely a learned association.

But if that's correct, then this expands the whole scope of what to do about racism. It isn't about one race discriminating and prejudicing against another; it's a species thing. That's a whole different problem, with different solutions.

How about we don't assume that your guess is right.

Status
Not open for further replies.