Trump: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
They will have (the wealth and power) IF Trump is not taken out of office (via resignation or impeachment) in the near future.
Trump wants to be Putin's buddy. I would rather have PENCE now because Pence is not as much stigmatized as the Duck, I mean Trump.

I think most here have little idea what the impact is; it is more about trade relations than war. Where we have war worry is with weaker countries, especially those who do not share in economic growth.

rexlunae

Trump wants to be Putin's buddy.

He wants to be a made man, and Putin is his ticket. But he loves strongmen and dictators, men with a will to power, so they have a natural chemistry.

I would rather have PENCE now because Pence is not as much stigmatized as the Duck, I mean Trump.

Great. Lets get this impeachment thing going.

I think most here have little idea what the impact is; it is more about trade relations than war. Where we have war worry is with weaker countries, especially those who do not share in economic growth.

It's true that economic ties can strengthen the bonds between nations, but Russia needs us economically much more than we need them. And it doesn't stop their bad behavior. And it's far from the only value that the United States has stood for. I think we should care whether a man became President and solidified their power by killing people and preventing scrutiny. I think we should care that the laws be applied especially to the powerful, not that they be allowed to break the laws. I think that people should, by and large, be free to live their lives without being harassed, especially by political leaders. On each of these points, Trump fails, and Putin fails in spades. That's why we can't be friends with Putin's Russia. They hold values that we cannot and should not coexist with.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
While the serious left is having his prison jumpsuit fitted. Can we get a size XXXXXL?
The funniest thing about the Witch Hunt is that even if Trump himself "colluded" it's not a crime. No high crimes have been committed. At least with Watergate they actually had a crime to investigate.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
He wants to be a made man, and Putin is his ticket. But he loves strongmen and dictators, men with a will to power, so they have a natural chemistry.

Great. Lets get this impeachment thing going.

When Trump said he had "won", when the healthcare bill failed, i just could not take anymore baloney from him. He is too much a clown. Pence is a more 'space filler' for the time being.

As to the rest of your post, I am too tired to respond well. I will say this: anyone who could lose 100,000$ in the market is likely to have different political wants than someone who wants higher minimum wage increase. Savvy?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump wants to be Putin's buddy. I would rather have PENCE now because Pence is not as much stigmatized as the Duck, I mean Trump.

Agreed. :cheers:

rexlunae

When Trump said he had "won", when the healthcare bill failed, i just could not take anymore baloney from him. He is too much a clown. Pence is a more 'space filler' for the time being.

Well, whatever gets you across the line, I am glad to hear it.

As to the rest of your post, I am too tired to respond well. I will say this: anyone who could lose 100,000$ in the market is likely to have different political wants than someone who wants higher minimum wage increase. Savvy?

Sure. But would you buy a sandwich from a guy who you watched shoot someone? There must be some limit to the willingness of even a rich person to ignore all else.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Well, whatever gets you across the line, I am glad to hear it.

Sure. But would you buy a sandwich from a guy who you watched shoot someone? There must be some limit to the willingness of even a rich person to ignore all else.
I never liked his personality, not for many years knowing bout him. He is really a showman, more than a president.

No, I would not do any business with him because he often loses and then he only looks out for his financial interests. The reason, I believe, he won, is not because us old conservatives voted for him, or the gun rights feared Clinton, although this was part of it. Mainly, he won because Clinton lost, being unacceptable to so many male moderates who did not want a female commander in chief. They do not admit it openly because it is embarrassing to these half-truth phonys. It was also the lack of voter turnout by those who would benefit most having a democrat.

rexlunae

I never liked his personality, not for many years knowing bout him. He is really a showman, more than a president.

I developed my dislike for him when he was running Celebrity Apprentice, when I realized that the whole show was a thinly-veiled excuse for him to line up celebrities to suck up to him. I thought the whole concept was ugly, and obnoxious, and it also showed a pretty ugly branding exercise. He's not the sort of man I can respect. The truth is alien to him.

No, I would not do any business with him because he often loses and then he only looks out for his financial interests. The reason, I believe, he won, is not because us old conservatives voted for him, or the gun rights feared Clinton, although this was part of it. Mainly, he won because Clinton lost, being unacceptable to so many male moderates who did not want a female commander in chief. They do not admit it openly because it is embarrassing to these half-truth phonys. It was also the lack of voter turnout by those who would benefit most having a democrat.

Well, in that case I was referring to Putin, who literally has had people shot for crossing him. And I was trying to approach the moral question beside the economic one.

rexlunae

The funniest thing about the Witch Hunt is that even if Trump himself "colluded" it's not a crime.

That depends entirely on what he colluded to do. Anyone knowingly involved in the attacks against the DNC computers, or involved in catfishing John Podesta is potentially guilty of crimes. Anyone involved in the dirty payments Michael Flynn received is potentially on the hook. Any payments for real estate deals....well, what are the odds that there's no crime there to find?

No high crimes have been committed. At least with Watergate they actually had a crime to investigate.

There are crimes here too. Michael Flynn has admitted to several. That's why there are grand juries. Whether Congress does their jobs is another matter, but it might just be hard to avoid an impeachment if they are looking at what Mueller comes up with. And I don't take for granted that there's anyone in the administration who isn't culpable for some sort of conspiracy charge.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
That depends entirely on what he colluded to do. Anyone knowingly involved in the attacks against the DNC computers, or involved in catfishing John Podesta is potentially guilty of crimes. Anyone involved in the dirty payments Michael Flynn received is potentially on the hook. Any payments for real estate deals....well, what are the odds that there's no crime there to find?

There are crimes here too. Michael Flynn has admitted to several. That's why there are grand juries. Whether Congress does their jobs is another matter, but it might just be hard to avoid an impeachment if they are looking at what Mueller comes up with. And I don't take for granted that there's anyone in the administration who isn't culpable for some sort of conspiracy charge.
I know that's what you're hoping for, rex, but I just don't see it. Remember, collusion is not even a crime. Look it up

rexlunae

I know that's what you're hoping for, rex, but I just don't see it.

Leave the crime aspect aside for a moment. How do you feel about candidates for office relying on foreign governments to get elected?

Remember, collusion is not even a crime. Look it up

Again, it depends on what is being colluded about. If the end goal is a crime, it's a criminal conspiracy, and everyone in the know about it is culpable. But even if it isn't a crime, Trump has been denying collusion all along, since the talk of his affinity for Putin first was first circulating. Then it came out, and he admitted to it. His voters never got a chance to decide if they wanted a President with that kind of relationship to a foreign country which is, at best, a rival. Isn't that a thing that voters should have known about?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
The funniest thing about the Witch Hunt is that even if Trump himself "colluded" it's not a crime. No high crimes have been committed. At least with Watergate they actually had a crime to investigate.
Technically there doesn't need to be a crime - it is a crime. however, to interfere with the investigation of a potential crime!

The President's decision to fire Director Comey for his refusal to terminate the FBI investigation of Flynn, is in his own words, an attempt to undermine a criminal investigation - whether the General is guilty or not is immaterial!

Thus the adage that "its not the crime but the cover-up!"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Leave the crime aspect aside for a moment. How do you feel about candidates for office relying on foreign governments to get elected?

Again, it depends on what is being colluded about. If the end goal is a crime, it's a criminal conspiracy, and everyone in the know about it is culpable. But even if it isn't a crime, Trump has been denying collusion all along, since the talk of his affinity for Putin first was first circulating. Then it came out, and he admitted to it. His voters never got a chance to decide if they wanted a President with that kind of relationship to a foreign country which is, at best, a rival. Isn't that a thing that voters should have known about?
Trump did not "rely" on a foreign government to get elected, that's your sick fantasy. Clinton had way more Russian connections and obstructed justice on the tarmac with Lynch. America chose Trump and only THEN did Russia become the scapegoat

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump did not "rely" on a foreign government to get elected, that's your sick fantasy. Clinton had way more Russian connections and obstructed justice on the tarmac with Lynch. America chose Trump and only THEN did Russia become the scapegoat

The Special Council is investigating 2 separate issues -

1. Did the Trump Campaign conspire with the Russians to undermine Hillary Clinton?

2. Did Trump and members of his Campaign/Administration attempt to interfere with government investigations into possible collusion.

Trump and his supporters can be prosecuted for (2) - without being charged with (1).

Last edited:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Trump did not "rely" on a foreign government to get elected, that's your sick fantasy.
All 17 of America's intelligence agencies are guilty of the same "sick fantasy" because thet've agreed that the Russians hacked the DNC and other organizations in an effort to influence the 2015 Election in favour of Donald Trump.

Clinton had way more Russian connections and obstructed justice on the tarmac with Lynch. America chose Trump and only THEN did Russia become the scapegoat
In a rare example of bipartisanship, the House and Senate vote 417-3 and 98-2 respectively in favour of imposing sanctions on Russia for interfering in the 2016 Election - the "sick fantasy" that "patrick jane" claims never happened.

This sanction legislation, that the President characterized as "deeply flawed" and "unconstitutional," received veto proof majorities from both the Republicans and the Democrats!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This sanction legislation, that the President characterized as "deeply flawed" and "unconstitutional," received veto proof majorities from both the Republicans and the Democrats!

What will be interesting is the next leak from Wiki Leaks. Who Trump LOVES. I suspect that Trump may be the next target of his good buddy due to his failure to deliver on his end of the bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.