Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
Is it more loving to warn someone that they're about to walk off a cliff, or to let them do it?

Is it more loving to protect the innocent from the wicked, or to let the wicked corrupt the innocent?

Before you asked these questions, I asked you questions that you refused to answer but you decided to ask these as if they constituted some kind of answer, which they don't. So I will follow your lead by asking them again; believing in earnest that you will treat others as you would have them treat you.

Here they are again:

Do you believe that not (1) loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul (2) and your neighbor as yourself are crimes? Should this conduct be condemned? And should there be punishment for it within our common law system?

Or, to simplify it, why would you not want to see punishment instituted for what Jesus said were the greatest commandments, but you do want punishment for the lesser ones? Mat 22:40KJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Before you asked these questions, I asked you questions that you refused to answer but you decided to ask these as if they constituted some kind of answer, which they don't. So I will follow your lead by asking them again; believing in earnest that you will treat others as you would have them treat you.

Here they are again:

Or, to simplify it, why would you not want to see punishment instituted for what Jesus said were the greatest commandments, but you do want punishment for the lesser ones? Mat 22:40KJV

Already answered your post. Could you answer my questions now?

Building on the above...

You cannot punish someone without first condemning them.

Many, if not most, of the laws of this world are in violation of God's laws, and need to be corrected.

Where did civilized society originally get the ideas behind such laws?

For example, where did the right to own property come from? The right of a father to punish his child for disobedience? The right to free speech? The right The right to life?

All of those come from God.

And as such, to the extent that man's laws adhere to those rights, they are not in violation of God's laws.

You're saying that without man's laws (as opposed to God's laws) we would have an uncivilized society?

Talk about arrogant...

Neither you nor I have the know-how (let alone the right) to try and tell anyone, including each other, what we can and cannot do when it comes to justice. Only God has that authority, because He alone is Just, He alone is righteous.And HE has said do not murder, do not steal, do not commit adultery, do not bear false witness.

Yet we have babies being killed in the womb, we have theft being deemed a minor crime where most thieves likely won't be pursued, we have men taking other men's wives and the husbands are not able to even do anything about it, and when is the last time you ever heard of a perjury case...

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah5:20&version=NKJV

The Mosaic laws say to put to death murderers, adulterers, homosexuals, people who fornicate with animals, and rapists.

How often are criminals executed for any of those crimes?

Huh?

See my post which I quoted above at the beginning of this post.

Loving God and neighbor? No. It's BECAUSE I love God and I love my neighbor that I establish the law.

You people and your "common law." :mock:

Paul also said to love without hypocrisy. GA, you're being a hypocrite because you don't hate evil.

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans12:9&version=NKJV

Why would I want to fit it into the common law? The "common law" is not the standard of righteousness God uses, nor is it the one I use.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and you're flatly wrong anyways.

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? - 1 Corinthians 6:2-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians6:2-5&version=NKJV

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” - John 7:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John7:24&version=NKJV

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 2:15-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:15-16&version=NKJV

All crime is sin.

Not all sin is crime.

Seems pretty simple to me.

God says that murder (and by extension assault and property damage), adultery (and by extension other sexual immorality such as homosexuality, fornication, rape, incest, etc), theft, and perjury are all crimes. So are you saying God is "Islamist"? :mock:

By the way, do you even know what the penalty for perjury is in the Bible?

I bet you don't.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
I realize that.
Shallow learning is a sign of the times. And, because legalism is so obviously wrong, it is one of the biggest reasons non-Christians reject the Bible. They try to formulate a Christian equivalent of Sharia law which was never God's intention for giving the 10 commandments.

They often don't see themselves as sinners saved by grace, and are quite upset that they have to adhere to regulations when others are not forced to do the same. They love forgiveness and mercy for themselves but not for others.
So, according to you, Paul was a legalist then?

But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully,knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine,according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust. - 1 Timothy 1:8-11 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Timothy1:8-11&version=NKJV

Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law. - Romans 3:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:31&version=NKJV

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
The fact that you find yourself in agreement with artie should be a big red flag to yourself george
The fact that you and JR are advocating death instead of mercy should be a red flag to you that completely blots from view all other imaginary red flags. Pro 11:17KJV, Mat 5:7KJV, Luk 6:35KJV, Jas 3:17KJV
Knowing that the ones you wish death upon are heading for hell, would it not better serve the purposes of the Father, who wants all men to come to repentance, for you to concern yourselves with keeping them alive? Or are you too lazy or indifferent to consider such a thing? Jude 1:22-23KJV

Art and I, and everyone else, know on which side of Christ we stand. But it is sometimes amazing, is it not, that non-Christians, as Paul pointed out, often outperform Christians in doing right? Rom 2:14-15KJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The fact that you and JR are advocating death instead of mercy should be a red flag to you that completely blots from view all other imaginary red flags. Pro 11:17KJV, Mat 5:7KJV, Luk 6:35KJV, Jas 3:17KJV
Knowing that the ones you wish death upon are heading for hell, would it not better serve the purposes of the Father, who wants all men to come to repentance, for you to concern yourselves with keeping them alive? Or are you to lazy or indifferent to consider such a thing? Jude 1:22-23KJV

Art and I, and everyone else, know on which side of Christ we stand. But it is sometimes amazing, is it not, that non-Christians, as Paul pointed out, often outperform Christians in doing right? Rom 2:14-15KJV
Here's another question I would like for you to answer, but predict that you will not:

George: what is the ratio of people who turn to God when faced the punishment of death for a crime they have committed?

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
I would imagine it's less than 33% currently, with a death penalty that's hardly enforced...

Do you know what the Bible says it with a properly enforced death penalty?

No, and I don't care to know the answer to whatever this question, poorly written as it is, means.
You have not answered a question I asked you and there we sit.
Why don't you go play games with someone else?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The fact that you and JR are advocating death instead of mercy

So, you think that someone who is unrepentant of their wrongdoing should be shown mercy? :think:

should be a red flag to you that completely blots from view all other imaginary red flags.

:blabla:

Pro 11:17KJV, Mat 5:7KJV, Luk 6:35KJV, Jas 3:17KJV

Perhaps you weren't aware of the fact that God said that judges are not to show mercy to the criminal:

Moreover you shall take no ransom for the life of a murderer who is guilty of death, but he shall surely be put to death. - Numbers 35:31 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Numbers35:31&version=NKJV

Your eye shall not pity him, but you shall put away the guilt of innocent blood from Israel, that it may go well with you. . . . Your eye shall not pity: life shall be for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. - Deuteronomy 19:13,21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy19:13,21&version=NKJV

People do not despise a thief If he steals to satisfy himself when he is starving.Yet when he is found, he must restore sevenfold; He may have to give up all the substance of his house.Whoever commits adultery with a woman lacks understanding; He who does so destroys his own soul.Wounds and dishonor he will get, And his reproach will not be wiped away.For jealousy is a husband’s fury; Therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.He will accept no recompense, Nor will he be appeased though you give many gifts. - Proverbs 6:30-35 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs6:30-35&version=NKJV

Knowing that the ones you wish death upon are heading for hell, would it not better serve the purposes of the Father, who wants all men to come to repentance, for you to concern yourselves with keeping them alive? Or are you too lazy or indifferent to consider such a thing? Jude 1:22-23KJV

How would someone who doesn't know that what they're doing is wrong ever come to repentance?

Hence why Romans 3:31.

:blabla:

Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: “That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.” - Romans 3:4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans3:4&version=NKJV

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, and I don't care to know

What the Bible says?

George, You really need to snap out of this fugue you're in.

the answer to whatever this question, poorly written as it is,

Appeal to the stone won't help you here, Georgie.

The answer is 50%.

When criminals are confronted with their mortality, about 50% of them turn to God, and the rest reject Him.

So, wouldn't it be better to have 50% of all criminals turning to God than whatever the current rate is, which is probably far below 33%?

You have not answered a question I asked you and there we sit.

I have answered your questions, you've ignored them, and then you ignored my questions to you.

:idunno:

Why don't you go play games with someone else?

Backing out so soon? But we're just getting started here!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

i've made no secret over the years of my opinion of artie and his penchant for abusive, drunken trolling, so i won't get into that here

instead, I'd like to understand your reasoning, George, and I think it would be useful to walk it back a bit and see if you can answer this question that you kind of side-stepped, which is fair enough, it may not have been written well.

so, i'll modify it, simplify it and ask again:

In this "gospel of grace" do you believe that anything should be a crime?

should murder be a crime?

should adultery be a crime?

should rape be a crime?

should homosexuality be a crime?

take note that these are simple, focused questions that deserve a simple, focused answer

also note that I removed capital punishment from the discussion

glorydaz

i've made no secret over the years of my opinion of artie and his penchant for abusive, drunken trolling, so i won't get into that here

instead, I'd like to understand your reasoning, George, and I think it would be useful to walk it back a bit and see if you can answer this question that you kind of side-stepped, which is fair enough, it may not have been written well.

so, i'll modify it, simplify it and ask again:

In this "gospel of grace" do you believe that anything should be a crime?

should murder be a crime?

should adultery be a crime?

should rape be a crime?

should homosexuality be a crime?

take note that these are simple, focused questions that deserve a simple, focused answer

also note that I removed capital punishment from the discussion

Crime? I'll answer.

A crime is what the government declares to be a crime. Render unto Caesar. Mark 12:17

Murder and rape should be crimes and are crimes.

Adultery and homosexuality should not be a crime, although they are certainly wrong in the eyes of God.