Trump sez: Transgenders B gone!

quip

BANNED
Banned
why would i care? :idunno:

More than likely your ego won't allow it...or at least it's my "presumptive desire" that it won't.

P.S. :think: just reminiscing over those presumptive desires of my youthful foray onto the dating scene.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
iow, you're guessing based on weak evidence and presumptive desire

Those are their only debate tools. ;)

now now glory, to be fair they do have more

you forgot emotion, unsupported declarations and insults :chuckle:

eta: oh yes, projection too

most of artie's two posts up there are chock full of projection

btw, this is only one in a looooong line of artie's claims to be leaving

he'll be back

Last edited:

glorydaz

now now glory, to be fair they do have more

you forgot emotion, unsupported declarations and insults :chuckle:

eta: oh yes, projection too

most of artie's two posts up there are chock full of projection

btw, this only one in a looooong line of artie's claims to be leaving

he'll be back

I just file those under presumptive desire. LOL

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
In this "gospel of grace" do you believe that anything is a crime? Do you believe that anything should be condemned? Should there be punishment for any of the following?

Homosexuality
Adultery
Child molestation
Murder
Rape
Bestiality
Kidnapping
Enslavement
Bearing false witness

Condemnation and punishment are two different things.
Plus you are confusing civil/common law and religious law. The former being that which aids society in being civilized and safe. Without it the man with the biggest club wins and we have decided to model our societal, common laws more or less on the laws given to Moses which, incidentally, was given for an entirely different reason than many suppose. Gal 3:24KJV, Rom 3:20KJV

Keep in mind that you have left off your list 2 important ones and included 1 that God does not condemn but we do.

The law the Bible refers to is, in essence, the 10 commandments.

So let me answer by saying that all of your examples are condemned by God as sin, with the exception of enslavement.
But I will ask a counter question.
Do you believe that not (1) loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul (2) and your neighbor as yourself are crimes? Should this conduct be condemned? And should there be punishment for it within our common law system?

Paul said; "...he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.", and "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." and "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."
Good luck fitting this piece into the common law puzzle.

With regard to the law of God, He will judge and no other. Can I not convince you of the need to understand the difference between sin and a crime? They are not the same things at all. Making them synonyms is an Islamist idea, not Christian.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Plus you are confusing civil/common law and religious law. The former being that which aids society in being civilized and safe. Without it the man with the biggest club wins and we have decided to model our societal, common laws more or less on the laws given to Moses which, incidentally, was given for an entirely different reason than many suppose. Gal 3:24KJV, Rom 3:20KJV

Keep in mind that you have left off your list 2 important ones and included 1 that God does not condemn but we do.

So let me answer by saying that all of your examples are condemned by God as sin, with the exception of enslavement.
Do you believe that not (1) loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul (2) and your neighbor as yourself are crimes? Should this conduct be condemned? And should there be punishment for it within our common law system?

Paul said; "...he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.", and "Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." and "For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

With regard to the law of God, He will judge and no other. Can I not convince you of the need to understand the difference between sin and a crime? They are not the same things at all. Making them synonyms is an Islamist idea, not Christian.
Is it more loving to warn someone that they're about to walk off a cliff, or to let them do it?

Is it more loving to protect the innocent from the wicked, or to let the wicked corrupt the innocent?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Is it more loving to warn someone that they're about to walk off a cliff, or to let them do it?

Is it more loving to protect the innocent from the wicked, or to let the wicked corrupt the innocent?
Building on the above...

You cannot punish someone without first condemning them.

Plus you are confusing civil/common law and religious law.

Many, if not most, of the laws of this world are in violation of God's laws, and need to be corrected.

The former being that which aids society in being civilized and safe.

Where did civilized society originally get the ideas behind such laws?

For example, where did the right to own property come from? The right of a father to punish his child for disobedience? The right to free speech? The right The right to life?

All of those come from God.

And as such, to the extent that man's laws adhere to those rights, they are not in violation of God's laws.

Without it the man with the biggest club wins

You're saying that without man's laws (as opposed to God's laws) we would have an uncivilized society?

Talk about arrogant...

and we have decided

Neither you nor I have the know-how (let alone the right) to try and tell anyone, including each other, what we can and cannot do when it comes to justice. Only God has that authority, because He alone is Just, He alone is righteous.And HE has said do not murder, do not steal, do not commit adultery, do not bear false witness.

Yet we have babies being killed in the womb, we have theft being deemed a minor crime where most thieves likely won't be pursued, we have men taking other men's wives and the husbands are not able to even do anything about it, and when is the last time you ever heard of a perjury case...

Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter! - Isaiah 5:20 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah5:20&version=NKJV

to model our societal, common laws more or less on the laws given to Moses which, incidentally, was given for an entirely different reason than many suppose. Gal 3:24KJV, Rom 3:20KJV

The Mosaic laws say to put to death murderers, adulterers, homosexuals, people who fornicate with animals, and rapists.

How often are criminals executed for any of those crimes?

Huh?

Do you believe that not (1) loving the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and soul (2) and your neighbor as yourself are crimes?

See my post which I quoted above at the beginning of this post.

Should this conduct be condemned?

Loving God and neighbor? No. It's BECAUSE I love God and I love my neighbor that I establish the law.

And should there be punishment for it within our common law system?

You people and your "common law." :mock:

Paul also said to love without hypocrisy. GA, you're being a hypocrite because you don't hate evil.

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. - Romans 12:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Romans12:9&version=NKJV

Why would I want to fit it into the common law? The "common law" is not the standard of righteousness God uses, nor is it the one I use.

With regard to the law of God, He will judge and no other.

Saying it doesn't make it so, and you're flatly wrong anyways.

Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge?I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? - 1 Corinthians 6:2-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians6:2-5&version=NKJV

Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.” - John 7:24 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John7:24&version=NKJV

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one.For “who has known the mind of the Lord that he may instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ. - 1 Corinthians 2:15-16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians2:15-16&version=NKJV

Can I not convince you of the need to understand the difference between sin and a crime?

All crime is sin.

Not all sin is crime.

Seems pretty simple to me.

They are not the same things at all. Making them synonyms is an Islamist idea, not Christian.

God says that murder (and by extension assault and property damage), adultery (and by extension other sexual immorality such as homosexuality, fornication, rape, incest, etc), theft, and perjury are all crimes. So are you saying God is "Islamist"? :mock:

By the way, do you even know what the penalty for perjury is in the Bible?

I bet you don't.

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber

Apparently these 2 questions have some kind of rhetorical significance for you. I am, however, not enlightened beyond having it confirmed that it is possible to create stupid questions that prove nothing.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Apparently these 2 questions have some kind of rhetorical significance for you. I am, however, not enlightened beyond having it confirmed that it is possible to create stupid questions that prove nothing.

Perhaps you could just answer the questions.

I didn't ask them so you could dodge them...

George Affleck

TOL Subscriber
To be fair, he's not the only one on here to express those sentiments. There's a few on here who advocate that homosexuality and adultery should be capital crimes. Granted, they're all fanatics and legalists but JR isn't alone on the score.

I realize that.
Shallow learning is a sign of the times. And, because legalism is so obviously wrong, it is one of the biggest reasons non-Christians reject the Bible. They try to formulate a Christian equivalent of Sharia law which was never God's intention for giving the 10 commandments.

They often don't see themselves as sinners saved by grace, and are quite upset that they have to adhere to regulations when others are not forced to do the same. They love forgiveness and mercy for themselves but not for others.