Trump Is A Knob

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
LOL - Trump says Cruz is a nasty guy. "Cruz is a nasty guy, nobody likes him, nobody in congress likes him, nobody likes him anywhere once they get to know him, he's got an edge that's not good, a very nasty guy."

https://youtu.be/GfI7SfAx1Ng
Psychology Today: Is Political Conservatism a Mild Form of Insanity?
Sept 06, 2008

A few years ago I was standing on the deck of a beach house on the 4th of July and a person who had obviously drunk too much told me, “The secret of my life is that I always need someone to hate.”

I was reminded of this exchange while watching the stupendously ruthless Republican National Convention over the last several days. Is there anything that conservatives do not hate? Maybe drilling. In fact, they appear utterly phallically obsessed with drilling (a practice that, in about 10 years or so, might reduce gas prices by 2 or 3 cents per gallon). But otherwise, what we learned from the recent hatefest is that Republicans hate community organizers, liberals (surprise!), Madonna, the “east coast elite,” the “angry left” media, trial lawyers, people who are too smart, people who are “cosmopolitan”—the list goes on into eternity.

Listening to this litany on Wednesday night in particular reminded me of a research article that came out roughly 5 years ago on political conservatism and motivated social cognition (Jost, Glaser, Kruglanski & Sulloway, “Political Conservatism as Motivated Social Cognition,” Psychological Bulletin). In a nutshell, the article—by Stanford and UC Berkeley researchers—seems to suggest that conservatism is a mild form of insanity.

Here are the facts. A meta-analysis culled from 88 samples in 12 countries, and with an N of 22,818, revealed that “several psychological variables predicted political conservatism.” Which variables exactly? In order of predictive power:
Death anxiety,
system instability,
dogmatism/intolerance of ambiguity,
closed-mindedness,
low tolerance of uncertainty,
high needs for order, structure, and closure,
low integrative complexity,
fear of threat and loss,
and low self-esteem.

The researchers conclude, a little chillingly, that “the core ideology of conservatism stresses resistance to change and a justification of inequality.”

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../is-political-conservatism-mild-form-insanity
Conservatives, as a group, are an angry lot who have spent the last 7 years venting their anger against Obama, Pelosi, Reid, the poor, Democrats, Blacks, the media, Hispanics, gays, Arabs, the Supreme Court, Moslems, etc.

Every 4 years, however, they turn this anger on each other!

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Trump is Pro-Life :rapture:

:think: It's rather convenient that his current stance on abortion just happens to coincide with the Presidential election.

http://www.ontheissues.org/donald_trump.htm

Donald Trump on Abortion

Defund Planned Parenthood. (Oct 2015)

Planned Parenthood is important, but abortions must stop. (Aug 2015)

I have evolved on abortion issue, like Reagan evolved. (Aug 2015)

Ban late abortions; exceptions for rape, incest or health. (Jun 2015)
I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice. (Apr 2011)
I changed my views to pro-life based on personal stories. (Apr 2011)
I am pro-life; fight ObamaCare abortion funding. (Feb 2011)
Pro-choice, but ban partial birth abortion. (Jul 2000)
Favors abortion rights but respects opposition. (Dec 1999)

As someone who has been anti-abortion for almost 40 years, I do not trust someone who changes their stance every few years.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:think: It's rather convenient that his current stance on abortion just happens to coincide with the Presidential election.

http://www.ontheissues.org/donald_trump.htm

Donald Trump on Abortion

Defund Planned Parenthood. (Oct 2015)

Planned Parenthood is important, but abortions must stop. (Aug 2015)

I have evolved on abortion issue, like Reagan evolved. (Aug 2015)

Ban late abortions; exceptions for rape, incest or health. (Jun 2015)
I am now pro-life; after years of being pro-choice. (Apr 2011)
I changed my views to pro-life based on personal stories. (Apr 2011)
I am pro-life; fight ObamaCare abortion funding. (Feb 2011)
Pro-choice, but ban partial birth abortion. (Jul 2000)
Favors abortion rights but respects opposition. (Dec 1999)

As someone who has been anti-abortion for almost 40 years, I do not trust someone who changes their stance every few years.

:chuckle:

Last edited: