ECT True or False question (Billy Graham)

True or False question (Billy Graham)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

God's Truth

Sadly, you don't understand the great difference between law and grace.

Nor do you understand the simple fact that a person cannot be commanded to believe. He can fake it, and claim he believes, but he must be PERSUADED to believe.

Nor can a person be forced to love. He can fake it, and claim he loves, but he must be PERSUADED to love.

It's truly sad that you can't understand something so simple. In the same way, you can fake it, and claim you obey, but as long as it's a command, it's a matter of constraint.

1 Peter 5:2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;​

Law and Grace do not mix. They cannot mix.

You haven't disproved anything that I said.

You even made things up about my beliefs.

You are stuck aren't you?

So pathetic and sad.

God's Truth

Look at glorydazed using things from Peter, even after she says that he taught the old law to the Jews.

She really flipped out when I called her on her 'not of yourself' misunderstanding.

She is a Calvinist, or she doesn't fully grasp how she really went off kilter trying to defend nonsense.

Last edited:

Lon

My point is, what works can I do to earn salvation?

I agree

I absolutely agree. This is where a lot of people go wrong, they think Paul is talking about works in general.

Again, I agree.

:think:

...in your sig -->
Wretched man that I am.

A couple of point, qestions:

1) What if I am just not good enough at obedience? Is it NOT God's desire to give any of us assurance of salvation? If not, what purpose? So we work it out with fear and trembling? Again, for what purpose? How much of this faith is my own muscle and my own pleasing God?

2) What do I do with these verses? Romans 11:6; 4:2 Ephesians 2:8-10

3) James would seem to argue that faith without works is nothing, dead (He says so) BUT my question: Whose works? Ephesians 2:10 Acts 17:28 1 Corinthians 4:7

4) Isn't my 'work' abiding? John 15:5 Colossians 1:17 Luke 10:42

5) Am I wretched or 'was' I wretched? Romans 7:24

marhig

Jesus came to the lost sheep of Israel, as predicted. They crucified Him. Matthew 15:24

The Risen Lord commanded Paul to preach the Gospel to the Gentiles. When the Gentiles heard it, they were glad.

Acts 13:46-48
46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles. 47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth. 48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.​

And what was that Good News of Salvation? That Christ should suffer and die, and rise from the dead. That is the LIGHT unto the people (Jews), and to the Gentiles. That is Paul's Gospel, and you folks don't even know what the Risen Lord commanded Paul to preach. :nono:

Acts 26:23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.

You need to stop making stuff up....just because it tickles your ears and allows you to boast in your great and wonderful "insight". It's contrary to Scripture, and you won't even read what is written. Shame on you.
Yes Paul was a light to the gentiles as we're all the apostles. Jesus told them to go and preach the gospel to every creature in every nation, not to the Jews only! It was to the Jews first and then to the gentiles. Paul also did it this way, he went to the gentiles when the Jews rejected the gospel of God.

Acts 1

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

When Paul preached to the Jews, which of the 2 gospels did he preach to them? What if the were a mixture of Jews and gentiles, what would he do then?

Also, Peter too preached to the gentiles

Acts 10

While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Acts 11

And the apostles and brethren that were in Judaea heard that the Gentiles had also received the word of God. And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them. But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order unto them, saying, I was in the city of Joppa praying: and in a trance I saw a vision, A certain vessel descend, as it had been a great sheet, let down from heaven by four corners; and it came even to me: Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air. And I heard a voice saying unto me, Arise, Peter; slay and eat. But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or unclean hath at any time entered into my mouth. But the voice answered me again from heaven, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common. And this was done three times: and all were drawn up again into heaven. And, behold, immediately there were three men already come unto the house where I was, sent from Caesarea unto me. And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house: And he shewed us how he had seen an angel in his house, which stood and said unto him, Send men to Joppa, and call for Simon, whose surname is Peter; Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved. And as I began to speak, the Holy Ghost fell on them, as on us at the beginning. Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost. Forasmuch then as God gave them the like gift as he did unto us, who believed on the Lord Jesus Christ; what was I, that I could withstand God? When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance unto life.

So, the gentiles also heard the gospel through Peter, not only Paul.

There is one gospel, the gospel of God, for Jew and gentile. It was for the Jews first and then the gentile.

Romans 1

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

Last edited:

marhig

:rotfl:

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

You reject to whom the Lord was sent in His earthly ministry just as much as you reject who the Lord sent you (Acts 22:21 KJV, Romans 11:13 KJV, Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV and by what means people are saved today (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV Titus 3:5 KJV).

Did Jesus speak to the woman once he saw she was humble and she had faith? And was her daughter healed because of her faith? Or did Jesus walk away because she wasn't a Jew?

God's Truth

Did Jesus speak to the woman once he saw she was humble and she had faith? And was her daughter healed because of her faith? Or did Jesus walk away because she wasn't a Jew?

She wasn't able to be saved until Jesus shed his blood on the cross. However, glorydazed and heir are wrong.

marhig

Jesus wasn't able to be saved until Jesus shed his blood on the cross. However, glorydazed is wrong.
What do you mean by that? Jesus we saving many people when he was alive! He was saving by the word of God. By the gospel

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

God's Truth

What do you mean by that? Jesus we saving many people when he was alive! He was saving by the word of God.

Not 'Jesus', 'she'.

You quoted me while I was fixing the typo.

Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. Those are the people who were already saved by God.

They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

The other Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear Jesus and be saved.

However, when Jesus was crucified, then all could be saved.

marhig

Not 'Jesus', 'she'.

You quoted me while I was fixing the typo.

Jesus came for the lost sheep of Israel. Those are the people who were already saved by God.

They were God's and now they had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

The other Jews were cut off and hardened so that they could not hear Jesus and be saved.

However, when Jesus was crucified, then all could be saved.
Well you know that I don't agree with that, and I'm not getting into another long winded debate about the cross with you. It just goes on and on.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned

John 3

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

Acts 16

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

Ephesians 2

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

We are saved by the grace of God through faith, by believing the gospel and believing in our Lord Jesus Christ and believing that he is the son of God.

And I believe all of the above, GT no one can judge who is saved and who isn't only God knows the heart, and all those who are truly being saved, will be starting to overcome their flesh and they will be living by the will of God and bringing forth the fruit of the Spirit. And Jesus said, that all those who live by the will of God, are those who enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Right I'm off out, speak soon :)

God's Truth

Well you know that I don't agree with that,

You don't agree that God was coming to make a new covenant and that the covenant would be made by living faith in his Son's blood? You don't agree that all the Jews who already belonged to God by faith would hear what Jesus said and would believe? You don't agree that the rest of the Jews were cut off and hardened but could be grafted back in? I am speaking what the scriptures say and you say you do not agree with the scriptures.

and I'm not getting into another long winded debate about the cross with you. It just goes on and on.
I will still speak the truth no matter of your lack of interest in trying to defend what you cannot.

Mark 16

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned
Didn't I tell you that Jesus said when he is crucified then all could come to him to be saved. So why are you giving scripture where Jesus told them to preach to the world---AFTER he was crucified and raised from the dead?

Don't you care enough about the truth to think more carefully?
John 3

He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

Acts 16

Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house

Ephesians 2

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

We are saved by the grace of God through faith, by believing the gospel and believing in our Lord Jesus Christ and believing that he is the son of God.

Faith alone is dead.

And I believe all of the above, GT no one can judge who is saved and who isn't only God knows the heart, and all those who are truly being saved, will be starting to overcome their flesh and they will be living by the will of God and bringing forth the fruit of the Spirit. And Jesus said, that all those who live by the will of God, are those who enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Right I'm off out, speak soon :)

You say anything. You are a dishonest person to pretend that I said anything about judging others.

God's Truth

When Jesus walked the earth he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Marhig is going against the truth.

Here is the scripture:

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Here are more scriptures that marhig goes against:

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Luke 8:10
He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."
Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Just read and believe.

What does that last scripture say?

It says do NOT go to the Gentiles.

So now the Reader can think about marhig going against me and saying false things about me when we see plainly that Jesus says lost sheep only and no Gentiles.

Do you want to be ensnared by the devil to believe and preach falseness as marhig, or do you want to trust God and believe what He says?

marhig

When Jesus walked the earth he came only for the lost sheep of Israel. Marhig is going against the truth.

Here is the scripture:

Matthew 15:24 He answered, "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."

Here are more scriptures that marhig goes against:

Luke 19:42 and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace--but now it is hidden from your eyes.

Luke 8:10
He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that, "'though seeing, they may not see; though hearing, they may not understand.'

John 12:40
"He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them."

Romans 11:8
as it is written: "God gave them a spirit of stupor, eyes that could not see and ears that could not hear, to this very day."
Matthew 13:14
In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: "'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.

Mark 4:12 so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

Mark 8:17And Jesus, aware of this, said to them, "Why do you discuss the fact that you have no bread? Do you not yet see or understand? Do you have a hardened heart? 18"HAVING EYES, DO YOU NOT SEE? AND HAVING EARS, DO YOU NOT HEAR? And do you not remember,

John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

Matthew 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent out with the following instructions: "Do not go among the Gentiles or enter any town of the Samaritans.

Just read and believe.

What does that last scripture say?

It says do NOT go to the Gentiles.

So now the Reader can think about marhig going against me and saying false things about me when we see plainly that Jesus says lost sheep only and no Gentiles.

Do you want to be ensnared by the devil to believe and preach falseness as marhig, or do you want to trust God and believe what He says?
If you believe that Jesus only went to the Jews, then you might as well believe as the mads do that he's teachings aren't for us.

You need to learn who the lost sheep of Israel are. Because not all Israel are of Israel. Those who are the true Israelites are those who are circumcised of the heart. And those are who Jesus came for, from both folds.

I'm just out, I'll reply to the rest of your posts later.

musterion

If you believe that Jesus only went to the Jews, then you might as well believe as the mads do that he's teachings aren't for us.

You need to learn who the lost sheep of Israel are. Because not all Israel are of Israel. Those who are the true Israelites are those who are circumcised of the heart. And those are who Jesus came for, from both folds.

That's what you keep saying. It's not what He said.

Matthew 15:22 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil.

Matthew 15:23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

When you won't believe Him, you call Him a liar.

marhig

That's what you keep saying. It's not what He said.

When you won't believe Him, you call Him a liar.
So why did Jesus listen to her and heal her daughter then straight after he said that? As she wasn't a Jew!

And I'm not calling Jesus a liar at all. You just can't seem see or hear that it's not only the natural Israelites that are the lost sheep, but all those who are brought in through Jesus, Jews and gentiles. And they are all of Israel the wall broken down between them through Christ Jesus by his blood which is his life.

Ephesians 2

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world: But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us

I'm not being ignorant, I'm just on my way out, I'll speak to you later.

popsthebuilder

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 KJV

Of course He preached "the truth". What truth and to whom? God's revealing His hidden purpose to and through Paul most certainly changed some things! "The truth" that is written to someone else in the Bible is not written TO you and me. To think that it is, is ignorance. That you do not approve things that are excellent is you showing your rebellion against God.
What was written to someone other than believers in GOD?

there is no jew or gentile.

There is no second gospel.

There is no third testament.

Jesus was the truth; St. Paul testified of the truth.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

musterion

So why did Jesus listen to her and heal her daughter then straight after he said that? As she wasn't a Jew!

Because she acknowledged her place in God's scheme of things, behind the children of Israel who still had priority at the table. There were Jews who would not acknowledge Him as Messiah, but she did and was rewarded.

And I'm not calling Jesus a liar at all.

Yes you are. Your rebellion is that of the Jews in that day.

genuineoriginal

Replacement theology (also known as supersessionism) essentially teaches that the church has replaced Israel in God’s plan. Adherents of replacement theology believe the Jews are no longer God’s chosen people, and God does not have specific future plans for the nation of Israel. All the different views of the relationship between the church and Israel can be divided into two camps: either the church is a continuation of Israel (replacement/covenant theology), or the church is completely different and distinct from Israel (dispensationalism/premillennialism).

https://amos37.com/replacement-denominations/
The church has not replaced Israel in God's plan.
The Jews are still God's chosen people.
God does have specific future plans for the nation of Israel.

The church is not a continuation of Israel.
The church is not completely different and distinct from Israel.

The problem with "covenant theology" is that it is based on two fake "covenants" (covenant of law and covenant of grace) that are not covenants that God made with anyone.
The problem with "dispensationalism" is that it is based on seven fake "dispensations" (dispensations of Innocence, Conscience, Human Government, Promise, Law, Grace, and Kingdom) that are not divisions that God made for testing mankind.

The only way to identify the proper relationship between Israel and the Church is to look at the actual covenants that God made.

God made many covenants with Abraham, Jacob (Israel), and the children of Israel (through Moses) that apply to them alone.
God also made covenants with David that apply to the children of Israel alone.
God made the New Covenant in Jeremiah 31:31-34 with the house of Israel and the house of Judah, but the Gentile believers in Jesus the Messiah have been grafted into the new Covenant with them.

The "church" includes both the believers from the children of Israel and the Gentile believers together under the new covenant.
The believers from the children of Israel are under all the covenants made with Abraham, Jacob, David, and the ones made through Moses as well as the new covenant.
The non-believers from the children of Israel are under all the covenants made with Abraham, Jacob, David, and the ones made through Moses.

The kingdom that Jesus will set up when He returns will govern the "church", the children of Israel, and all the nations from His throne in Jerusalem.
The laws of the Millennium kingdom will come from the Laws that God gave to the children of Israel when He chose them as His people, and both Jews and Gentiles will be under these laws, whether they are believers or not.