toldailytopic: Women preaching from the pulpit. Is it wrong?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Wellllllll nooooooow Your Grossness, if women must keep silence in church there is no need for them to be in church. They may stay home and their husbands can fill them in.
Or, they may find a church which allows them to participate fully, not just clean the toilets, cook and clean and bake.

Women are not allowed to PREACH or TEACH men within the church confines. Their not to be in positions of authority (over men) within the church. So far as keeping silent goes, I've never been to a church where women kept silent completely. But, I surely wouldn't attend a church where there was a woman "Pastor" that would be in direct violation of what Paul spoke of...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Wellllllll nooooooow Your Grossness, if women must keep silence in church there is no need for them to be in church. They may stay home and their husbands can fill them in.
Or, they may find a church which allows them to participate fully, not just clean the toilets, cook and clean and bake.

I like working the coffee cart.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I used to clean at two churches I attended. I did interior painting at one and painted nearly the whole church. It was quite a blessing to me.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why can a woman teach a man outside the church but not inside the church?

Or, let me ask a slightly different question. Would it be true to say that you don't think it's wrong for a women to teach or preach a sermon in church, but it is wrong for them to do the other things associated with being a pastor, like administering the sacraments?

For example, would it be wrong for a woman to be a guest speaker or something like that and preach a sermon or a series of sermons in a church?

That would be "unacceptable" except in a "liberal apostate type church" who has no respect for the Bible and it's authority...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
That would be "unacceptable" except in a "liberal apostate type church" who has no respect for the Bible and it's authority...

Can a woman teach/preach outside the church? If so, what is the difference between that and in front of a congregation? What authority is involved?

And do you have a reference for my other post to you?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
God told Adam and Eve they could eat of any of the fruit of the trees in the garden, except for the one tree. When she looked upon the tree and saw that it was good for food and it was pleasant to her eyes and the tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit and did eat and she gave it to her husband and he did eat. There's a correlation to be drawn between that incident and today. Women are told they can do ALL things EXCEPT preach and teach in authority over men within the confines of a church structure. So, what happens, the ONE thing their told they can't do is the exact thing they have a desire to do. (preach and teach)

Women are not called of God to preach or teach in authority over men in a church. Any woman who says she has been "called" to be a Pastor/teacher in a church is badly mistaken. A women is not to assert authority over her husband as well...

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, and I love singing in the choir, serving in the Altar Guild, etc.

Choir is an important part of church. Many people love that part. I tried the "alter group" where people were in charge of what went on the alter but they argued too much about candles and table runners. We had "meetings" about it.

One of the most enjoyable ministries I was ever involved with was a yearly church rummage sale. The funds went to the Children's Ministry and the left overs went to the Salvation Army. I also loved helping with the fish supper and the turkey dinner every year.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 11:3-9
King James Version (KJV)
3But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

4Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.

5But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

6For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

7For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

8For the man is not of the woman: but the woman of the man.

9Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.

These verses explain the positions of man and woman in the total "scheme of things" Plus it explains how the the Son of God (Jesus) is subject to the Father. Which proves there's a plurality in the relationship between Father, Son and Holy Spirit...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Ask me specifics??

See post #221.

Also....
Women are not called of God to preach or teach in authority over men in a church. Any woman who says she has been "called" to be a Pastor/teacher in a church is badly mistaken. A women is not to assert authority over her husband as well...

What does it mean to preach or teach in authority over someone?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
See post #221.

Also....

What does it mean to preach or teach in authority over someone?

It means to be a Pastor or Minister in a church. A woman is not to hold such a position in the church. It's happening today but, that's in liberal, apostate type churches that are disobedient to the word of God...

Read 1 Corinthians chapter 11...when you want to take the time...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
It means to be a Pastor or Minister in a church. A woman is not to hold such a position in the church. It's happening today but, that's in liberal, apostate type churches that are disobedient to the word of God...
I want to know what you think the alleged authority actually means, though. What type of authority does the pastor actually have? When he preaches, what authority is he using?

Read 1 Corinthians chapter 11...when you want to take the time...
I read the passage from chapter 11 that you quoted above. Is that your answer to what law Paul referenced?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I want to know what you think the alleged authority actually means, though. What type of authority does the pastor actually have? When he preaches, what authority is he using?

I read the passage from chapter 11 that you quoted above. Is that your answer to what law Paul referenced?

Authority was a "wrong choice of word." Leadership would be a, far better term...

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Authority was a "wrong choice of word." Leadership would be a, far better term...

OK. In that case, what does the leadership mean in reference to you? Look to your own pastor. What does his leadership over you mean to you? Do you submit to him in some way? If so, what ways?

Also, way back on page 3 you said this when I asked you what law Paul meant.
I'll take a "stab" at answering your question. It's my opinion, it deals with the law that a wife should be submissive to her husband. It's only an opinion and open to debate...
What law do you have in mind that deals with wives submitting to husbands?