toldailytopic: Wildcard Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

I'm taller, but was very athletic. Some size 4-5 dresses would fit too short and looked like I was trying to look twenty eight at thirty eight. Then I had my clothes made and still have some I will never wear. :nono:

Hard to part with nice custom made clothes, someday I am sure, I will.

I have the opposite problem. Being so short, I find it really hard to buy jeans etc, that actually fit.......

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I've always been tiny.

The average size for an Australian woman is about a size 12 or 14 which is about a 8-10 US.

We do have a big problem with obesity in Aus though. In the town I live in, there are more overweight women than thin...so much so, I get called a 'skinny bi**h' a LOT!

That is so mean! For some reason, no one had called me a name until one maniac did so, cutting in on a freeway. well he was arrested when he exited his vehicle in an aggressive manner. He could have gotten away with it had he not made that mistake.

Women seem to have been getting bigger, my older daughter is taller and heavier than I was at the same age and the younger one is about my height when young but is heavier. My 20-year-old granddaughter is 5'9" and I am sure she wears a bigger size.

Another thing I noticed is an increase in foot size, I wear size 5, more daughters both wear about a 7 and my granddaughter wears a 9 and says she has rabbit feet. She says my shoes look like childrens' shoes and I think she has a shoe obsession.:doh:

Thunder's Muse

That is so mean! For some reason, no one had called me a name until one maniac did so, cutting in on a freeway. well he was arrested when he exited his vehicle in an aggressive manner. He could have gotten away with it had he not made that mistake.

Women seem to have been getting bigger, my older daughter is taller and heavier than I was at the same age and the younger one is about my height when young but is heavier. My 20-year-old granddaughter is 5'9" and I am sure she wears a bigger size.

Another thing I noticed is an increase in foot size, I wear size 5, more daughters both wear about a 7 and my granddaughter wears a 9 and says she has rabbit feet. She says my shoes look like childrens' shoes and I think she has a shoe obsession.:doh:

Yeah, I wear a size 6 Aus, which is really small.

My 11 yr old daughter (who father is 6' 2") is already taller than me....

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Yeah, I wear a size 6 Aus, which is really small.

My 11 yr old daughter (who father is 6' 2") is already taller than me....

My husband is also 6'2" and his brother is 6'3". I think that is why my kids are all taller than me. I too was called tiny in a complementary manner. More tiny because I was svelte.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
One of my sisters is 4'11 1/2"....the 1/2" is very important......

That could be hard being that small; I think I would say I was five feet tall. We all have our ideas, some want to be average, some want to be exceptional. I have known women over 5'10" who are proud of it, then some who said they disliked it. I never asked exceptionally short women and they never talked about it as much as tall women seem to talk, good or bad.

I do think it funny and stupid, we like to wear Misses sizes and not Womens' sizes.:mad:

Dena

I like being exceptionally short. It does have it's disadvantages though. I have to ask strangers for help at the grocery store all the time, driving is uncomfortable, clothing is a pain, hotel sinks are way too high, etc. The world isn't really built around people this short.

My husband says it wasn't built for tall people either. He's 6'5".

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
This is one wacky Wildcard Wednesday!

Funny, but good! I do not think we always have to talk heavy. It is nice to get to know members on another level. I am glad some men responded, but I bet this turns into a ladies thread ;)

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I like being exceptionally short. It does have it's disadvantages though. I have to ask strangers for help at the grocery store all the time, driving is uncomfortable, clothing is a pain, hotel sinks are way too high, etc. The world isn't really built around people this short.

Wow! And I thought I married a man a tall woman would envoy.:eek:

I bet your kids are taller than you, or will be taller. I am happy that you like yourself. I have known a few tiny ladies who wore petite sizes and such like 2-3 American. There are boutique stores that have junior fashions down to size 1.

Thunder's Muse

That could be hard being that small; I think I would say I was five feet tall. We all have our ideas, some want to be average, some want to be exceptional. I have known women over 5'10" who are proud of it, then some who said they disliked it. I never asked exceptionally short women and they never talked about it as much as tall women seem to talk, good or bad.

I do think it funny and stupid, we like to wear Misses sizes and not Womens' sizes.:mad:

I don't mind being short....but then again, I've never been tall, so it's hard to compare.

1 positive is that people thnk you are younger than you are...which is great at 38yrs old!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I don't mind being short....but then again, I've never been tall, so it's hard to compare.

1 positive is that people thnk you are younger than you are...which is great at 38yrs old!

I know what you mean about feeling good when people think you are younger. Staying is shape has lots to do with that and the good fortune of have few age lines.

When I lost that, I did not mind at all, it ran its course. Now I am so:dizzy:, I seldom look at people, unless I am sitting and that happens more at the physicians office! I have one neighbour here she us in her seventies and part blind, so I seldom visit her. Bob likes her husband, they are both outdoors men.

Status
Not open for further replies.