toldailytopic: Wildcard Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunder's Muse

Pleated or flat fronts?

I say flat...if you can pull it off.:plain:

As a guy, and a guy who dressed like Don Johnson in the 80’s (when I was in my 20’s), it really sucked ironing those 100% cotton - triple pleated pants.

Guys in the 1970's had it the easiest. Back then all you had to do was take your flat polyester pants out of the dryer and put them on.

It used to take me at least 20 minutes to iron one pair of pants.

Tough call.

I think it depends on the situation. For a dressier look, a couple pleats can be nice, but not too many. If you're going more casual, flat front can be the way to go.

I agree with tet, though. Ironing pleats can be a pain. :mmph:

Actually, ironing pants in general is a pain. Pleats or no pleats, the crease down the legs are so frustrating. My range of emotions while ironing...

:plain: 1st leg

:mmph: 2nd leg

:mad: 1st leg of 2nd pair of pants

:sozo2: Anything after that..

I don't like pants. I prefer denim jeans. Don't have to iron those.....

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Let's talk pants size for men. What waist and length do you wear? If you disclose, I'll tell you Bob's size. What about it?

zoo22

Let's talk pants size for men. What waist and length do you wear? If you disclose, I'll tell you Bob's size. What about it?

31/30. Sometimes a 30. But I like a slightly loose fit at the waist, so usually 31. And length can vary some.

Flat front. Lowish rise.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
31/30. Sometimes a 30. But I like a slightly loose fit at the waist, so usually 31. And length can vary some.

Flat front. Lowish rise.

Did you ever overwrite the 1with a 0?

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

I'm a 34X34

Sometimes when shopping for pants I am amused when I see a really big gap between the numbers. For example a 42X30 pair of pants is probably for a guy short and heavy, whereas a 28X36 pair of pants is for a bean pole.

I have worn the same size pants for over 25 years now. When I graduated High School I was a 32X34, but then moved up to 34X34 right around when I turned 21 (I think beer had something to do with it). I am dreading the day when I have to buy a 36X34 pair of pants. I'm getting close, I don't need a belt for my 34X34's anymore.

I think it's time to start worrying when the first number (waist) starts exceeding the second number (inseam) by more than 2 or 3 inches.

Ok, now let's talk pants size for women.

0, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

The average height for a woman in the USA is 5'-5". At that height, what pants size would you say is "normal" for a 30 year old girl?

clue: I think Lane Bryant starts their pants at size 14

Son of Jack

I'm a 34X34

Sometimes when shopping for pants I am amused when I see a really big gap between the numbers. For example a 42X30 pair of pants is probably for a guy short and heavy, whereas a 28X36 pair of pants is for a bean pole.

I have worn the same size pants for over 25 years now. When I graduated High School I was a 32X34, but then moved up to 34X34 right around when I turned 21 (I think beer had something to do with it). I am dreading the day when I have to buy a 36X34 pair of pants. I'm getting close, I don't need a belt for my 34X34's anymore.

I think it's time to start worrying when the first number (waist) starts exceeding the second number (inseam) by more than 2 or 3 inches.

The average height for a woman in the USA is 5'-5". At that height, what pants size would you say is "normal" for a 30 year old girl?

Everything is going along just fine and dandy until....

:squint:

zoo22

Did you ever overwrite the 1with a 0?

If I'm understanding correctly, that's what I meant by the "sometimes a 30" But I might not be understanding correctly.

And I'll get pants to different lengths... I usually wear jeans, so sometimes 30-length, but sometimes I like a 1.5/2-inch fold at the cuff. And sometimes I like pants a little short so I'll get them 29 or even 28. I usually have to take pants to the tailor because I'm small.

Also, when I find pants/clothes I like, I'll usually buy a few of them... Most of my clothes I have a bunch of duplicates of.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I'm a 34X34

That is what Bob used to wear when he was young. Now he wears 40X34 and he does not look all that fat, more like husky with a bot of a pot belly.

Now you want to know about me? I wore a 4 until I became ill and now hardly ever wear pants, too tight on my tummy, or so big they fall off. I wear a 6 or 8 dress, depending on if it has a waist fit and belt, usually I wear lose clothes.

BTW: you do mean 30 year old woman, correct. I would say the average at that height is a 6 to 8 depending on build. By 50 many women might have to wear a 14.

Thunder's Muse

I'm 38, about 5'2" and I wear a size 4 (size 8 Aus). :D

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
36/32. I like jeans, but sometimes you just need that fancy look.:plain:

What?:idunno:

Are you about six foot and large boned? I had a male friend the wore 42X32 and he was not as fat as he was very big like a running back football player.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

I'm taller, but was very athletic. Some size 4-5 dresses would fit too short and looked like I was trying to look twenty eight at thirty eight. Then I had my clothes made and still have some I will never wear. :nono:

Hard to part with nice custom made clothes, someday I am sure, I will.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

That's pretty good.

Here is the USA it seems like everyone is getting heavier and heavier.

We had a foreign exchange student from France a few years ago. She was about 5’-2” and couldn’t have weighed more than 100lbs.

We couldn’t get over how little she ate, and she was shocked by how much Americans eat.

Anyway, I would bet that most women in the USA over 30 probably have a double digit pants size.

And conversely, I would guess that most women in the rest of the world would have a single digit pants size.

zippy2006

I'm a 34X34

I always thought you were a bit of a square :chuckle:

It used to take me at least 20 minutes to iron one pair of pants.

I've never ironed a pair of pants in my life :D. If they need to be flat, I'll just pull em out of the dryer quick and smooth them myself :idunno:

...which reminds me, I don't use dryers either, clothesline is much cheaper (I feel like I'm losing a lot by putting all those heavy quarters in the machine :p)

:e4e:

zippy2006

Apparently wildcard means you talk about what size and length pants you have. Who knew? :idunno:

...32X32 :noid:

Thunder's Muse

That's pretty good.

Here is the USA it seems like everyone is getting heavier and heavier.

We had a foreign exchange student from France a few years ago. She was about 5’-2” and couldn’t have weighed more than 100lbs.

We couldn’t get over how little she ate, and she was shocked by how much Americans eat.

Anyway, I would bet that most women in the USA over 30 probably have a double digit pants size.

And conversely, I would guess that most women in the rest of the world would have a single digit pants size.

I've always been tiny.

The average size for an Australian woman is about a size 12 or 14 which is about a 8-10 US.

We do have a big problem with obesity in Aus though. In the town I live in, there are more overweight women than thin...so much so, I get called a 'skinny bi**h' a LOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.