toldailytopic: Wildcard Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 9th, 2010 11:05 AM

toldailytopic: Wildcard Wednesday

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pleated or flat fronts?

I say flat...if you can pull it off.:plain:

As a guy, and a guy who dressed like Don Johnson in the 80’s (when I was in my 20’s), it really sucked ironing those 100% cotton - triple pleated pants.

Guys in the 1970's had it the easiest. Back then all you had to do was take your flat polyester pants out of the dryer and put them on.

It used to take me at least 20 minutes to iron one pair of pants.

Seydlitz77

Why is it the Evolution threads tend to devolve or as a friend put it devolve, mutate, and become a perversion of science and decency?

:think:

rainee

Why is it the Evolution threads tend to devolve or as a friend put it devolve, mutate, and become a perversion of science and decency?

:think:

This is a terrible and wonderful question, I think!

I mean it is -- if what I think the answer is -- is true.

I believe any discussion believers have with unbelievers regarding evolution being false or wrong is the active work of trying to undermine what God has done.

Do you get what I am trying to say?

Will try again.

Every time believers try to reveal this as God's creation and not something else - they are actually trying to out maneuver and over come an obstacle course that has been built to hinder smart and wise natural men from getting to truth.

The only reason I think it is not a sin to argue evolution is because
the very debate is an opportunity to talk about God and that may give an unbeliever a chance to miss or seek God.

Hope I was able to communicate.

Does anyone else agree?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Pleated or flat fronts?

I say flat...if you can pull it off.:plain:

Tough call.

I think it depends on the situation. For a dressier look, a couple pleats can be nice, but not too many. If you're going more casual, flat front can be the way to go.

I agree with tet, though. Ironing pleats can be a pain. :mmph:

Actually, ironing pants in general is a pain. Pleats or no pleats, the crease down the legs are so frustrating. My range of emotions while ironing...

:plain: 1st leg

:mmph: 2nd leg

:mad: 1st leg of 2nd pair of pants

:sozo2: Anything after that..

Seydlitz77

This is a terrible and wonderful question, I think!

I mean it is -- if what I think the answer is -- is true.

I believe any discussion believers have with unbelievers regarding evolution being false or wrong is the active work of trying to undermine what God has done.

Do you get what I am trying to say?

Will try again.

Every time believers try to reveal this as God's creation and not something else - they are actually trying to out maneuver and over come an obstacle course that has been built to hinder smart and wise natural men from getting to truth.

The only reason I think it is not a sin to argue evolution is because
the very debate is an opportunity to talk about God and that may give an unbeliever a chance to miss or seek God.

Hope I was able to communicate.

Does anyone else agree?

I get where you are coming from, I think sometimes believers lose sight of the fact that this it should be about the Gospel and Christlike walk not particulars about how the earth came to be.

What I think is sad is when some start making accusations regarding the level of one's devotion to God based off of views regarding scientific principles.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Some of us think that God has always been gracious and merciful. Some of us think God is a lot more gracious and merciful in the New Testament. I think he has always been that way, but it's hard not to see God as becoming even more gracious after he walked the Earth as a human. Did God's perspective on man change? Did he learn something about his creation that he couldn't really know until he walked in our shoes?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Some of us think that God has always been gracious and merciful. Some of us think God is a lot more gracious and merciful in the New Testament. I think he has always been that way, but it's hard not to see God as becoming even more gracious after he walked the Earth as a human. Did God's perspective on man change? Did he learn something about his creation that he couldn't really know until he walked in our shoes?

Maybe he regretted killing all those people in the Old Testament.

The Graphite

Maybe he regretted killing all those people in the Old Testament.

Or maybe the NT covers a very short period of human history, compared to the millenia covered by the OT?

Or maybe we can wake up and realize that God actually kills more people in the New Testament than He does in the Old, despite the fact that it covers only a few years of time, compared to the millenia of the OT. :think:

Same God, same person, same character, same righteousness and same just standards. He's not nicer. He's just dealing with different people and different events in the NT.

Status
Not open for further replies.