toldailytopic: What is the greatest city in the world and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"Most Americans aren't aware that Canadians don't have a great love for them."
It's really a shame because we like them. :sigh:

"I really think all Americans should go see Toronto. Most of us have absolutely no clue what an amazing city there is a mere 1.5 hour drive from Buffalo, NY (3 hours from Detroit). Get yourselves some poutine!"
And see Niagara Falls. :thumb:

"Did you feel bad at all letting Leo DiCaprio drown, while you were safe floating on the big door?" :rain:

What is this no hotlinking? :smokie: Is this something I'll be banned for if CheeseWiz gets his way? :banned: I love Animal. :eek:

"Bring Me Some Figgy Pudding!" ~ Animal, Muppets :shocked:

Alate_One

It's really a shame because we like them. :sigh:
I think most Americans just don't know about them.

And see Niagara Falls. :thumb:
Niagra Falls is somewhat disappointing to me. It's like a mini Las Vegas, which is cool in a way but doesn't mesh well with the falls. Perfectly good natural beauty that people seemed to think shining lights on would make better. Plus you get to pay for every tour to see them.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Washington, where the most meaningful battles over human dignity, right, and liberty are fought. It is the seat of the noblest experiment in the history of man, flaws and all.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Washington, where the most meaningful battles over human dignity, right, and liberty are fought. It is the seat of the noblest experiment in the history of man, flaws and all.

only a lawyer could love Washington because that is where they get paid to read and explain what other lawyers have written

Nydhogg

:thumb: What a difference from :Commie: east to :straight: west.

Actually, I like some of the commie districts better. Especially Weissensee, which is probably one of my favorite neighborhoods in any city on Earth. At a fast tram's reach from all the nightlife, with an extremely socially permissive council, sorta quiet and stunningly beautiful.

:first:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
only a lawyer could love Washington because that is where they get paid to read and explain what other lawyers have written
Only anyone who values the struggle over right, etc. So that would include historians, the clergy, anyone involved in the humanities...just about anyone who thinks it through, actually.

So that lets a few people around here off the hook. :plain: :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Only anyone who values the struggle over right, etc. So that would include historians, the clergy, anyone involved in the humanities...just about anyone who thinks it through, actually.

So that lets a few people around here off the hook. :plain: :D

too bad you have to be born to get any rights

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Washington is where you go to protect animals, unions, teachers, lawyers, etc

but not unborn babies

Did you have a chance to see Napoleon's tomb? If so, what did you think of it?

I went to the building it was in, the Hotel des Invalides, as it's near where where I went to university, but I refused to pay lots of money to see a dead person's coffin. Ok, it wasn't that much money, but I was an impoverished student. The building is very impressive though.

Status
Not open for further replies.