toldailytopic: What do you think of the Tea Party movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

abortion was legalized FIRST at the STATE level.

At least 16 states still have pre-1973 anti-abortion laws on the books. Trigger laws.

(Something Ron Paul lies about, as he claims abortion began with Roe v. Wade

He said that? Can you link a quote?

The states led the way in making abortion legal, despite it being explicitly unconstitutional in the federal Constitution.

What impact do you think the Sanctity of Life Act would have if passed?

Ron Paul is pro-choice state-by-state, rather than being pro-choice person-by-person. What's the difference?

http://prolifeprofiles.com/ronpaul

Want an easy $100 cash? Find a meaningful or significant error-in-fact at that profile page of Ron Paul, and the money is yours.

Just keep perpetuating the mischaracterization.

That website would have you labeled as pro-choice because you support the federal government. Your abortion count is in the millions. Since 1973 and counting.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Troubling.

I call it amusing.

Anyone in particular you enjoy watching go pee?

Anyone of your smug friends at CNN, MSNBC or the 3 major networks.

I think it's a mutual concern for too much government.

Too much government spending. Conservatives (like our Founding Fathers) believe in a country with a strong moral fiber (murdering unborn babies at the State or federal level is a "no no").

Libertarians think moral fiber is something they put in their bong and smoke.

Apparently you're a new school conservative who likes plenty of government just as long as they can control its grip.

Old school. Failiing to follow the laws of God only leads to disorder, hence more government (something Dopertarians fail to see).

Granite

Hall of Fame
Sarah Palin... pro-life? :rotfl:

Fact - In a live interview on national TV, when asked if she would ever make it illegal to get an abortion, she adamantly stated "absolutely not" and "never." She went on, at some length, explaining how she would not criminalize abortion; this was not taken out of context. The video is available online. This was after she declared that the "morning after" abortion pill should be legal.

Fact - She appointed a Planned Parenthood exec to the state supreme court, despite having other options. She had no problem doing this, as evidenced by her publicly praising this abortionist, saying she would be an great judge. "I have every confidence that Judge Christen has the... wisdom and character to be an outstanding Supreme Court justice."

Fact - After the people of Alaska voted in a landslide to not recognize homosexual civil unions in the state government. Palin then used her executive authority to override the "will of the people" and force the state gov't to recognize civil unions.

Fact - contrary to claims she supports Creationism, she has stated publicly that she doesn't even think both views should be presented in public schools, but rather that only evolution should be taught in public school. She said that evolution "should be taught as an accepted principle" in public school.

Fact - She refuses to support (or even admit to) the personhood of the unborn or any right to life of the unborn. She has never, in her entire career said that abortion should be illegal. While advocating keeping abortion legal, she at least opposes the use of taxpayer funds for "elective" abortions (but is fine with it for other abortions).

Find a meaningful error-in-fact at this profile of Sarah Palin, and win $100 easy cash. Shouldn't take you long... right? But, I warn you, the site has extensive sources documenting the facts on Palin's pro-choice record.

I'm not coming to Palin's defense, but to clarify: she's not pro-choice, she's simply not pro-life enough for you.

Personally I think if the woman thought it'd get her elected she'd switch her position on any given issue without a second thought.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I saw a video of Christine O'Donnell at some sort of Penticoatal-Charismatic church worship, waviing her hands. Not that theres anything wrong with it but many blast Palin with videos or her at her church worship leading many to protest agianst some sort of voodoism in Cuba. As the result, some old cubian ladies were likked and thier homes burned. What is the difference between Palin and James? Maybe Christine O'Donnell can create an anti-masturbation bill at the congress. I don't think the Republicans are going to like that bill.

is this not further proof that Calvinists do not need to make sense?

WizardofOz

Hey aSeattleConserv and The Graphite

Neither of you addressed the Sanctity of Life Act. Neither of you would support this bill? Or would you?

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
If the government makes masturbation illegal,it won't work,because people will still take the law into their own hands !

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Hey aSeattleConserv and The Graphite

Neither of you addressed the Sanctity of Life Act. Neither of you would support this bill? Or would you?

I can find nothing in this act that would protect the life of an unborn at the federal level. This act would leave that to the states. All this does is remove jurisdiction from the federal court system allowing states to permit or ban abortions at their discretion.

Cross a state line and your rights can change.

Like Ron Paul, the bill is phony.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
You are a Federalist.

And if you think that each State somehow has the constitutional right to murder the unborn based on majority rule, that would make you a....(don't tell me, it starts with an m and ends with an r) MURDERER (and a fool when it comes to the mindset of our Founding Fathers).

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
And if you think that each State somehow has the constitutional right to murder the unborn based on majority rule, that would make you a....(don't tell me, it starts with an m and ends with an r) MURDERER (and a fool when it comes to the mindset of our Founding Fathers).

I did not say that. Ask anyone who knows me if I believe what you accuse of implying. Have you ever heard the name 'Thomas Jefferson'?

Have a hissy fit over one true statement, way to go, dope.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
I did not say that. Ask anyone who knows me if I believe what you accuse of implying.

What are you "implying" then?

Have you ever heard the name 'Thomas Jefferson'?
The name "Thomas Jefferson" rings a bell. Did he say something about immoral behavior being a "states rights issue"?

Have a hissy fit over one true statement, way to go, dope.

I'm having a "hissy fit" over 50 million dead babies. Ron "I remain a lifetime member of the Libertarian Party" Paul hasn't done a thing to stop it during his long tenure in politics, he's too busy slamming religion.
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2007/12/ron_paul_patrio.html

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
I did not imply anything. I said you are a Federalist.

"Our constitution was made ONLY for a moral and religious people, it is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Bring back morality to our once Christian nation and I won't need to be a "Federalist" when it comes to protecting the God-given rights of the unborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.