toldailytopic: What do you think of the Tea Party movement?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardofOz

A fool AND a coward?

A fool AND a coward?

However, Paul doesn't care about them for the right reason: that being "thou shalt not murder".

Ah, you just keep offering up gems.

22seconds in
Thou Shalt Not Kill

Didn't your momma ever tell you "You are who you associate with"?
He's also a Republican and rightfully ashamed of them. So, what? It's Washington after all. You just keep playing armchair quarterback because it's convenient for your cynical persona.

Paul is ashamed to be seen with Christians and ashamed of the Christian religion.
Another lie. :loser:

In a public statement of faith released in July 2007, Dr. Paul says, “I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.”

If he wasn't, he wouldn't make an asinine statement like this on national television: (originally said by the atheist/communist sympathizer Sinclair Lewis):

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/2007/12/ron_paul_patrio.html

:rotfl: He was referring to a Huckabee campaign ad. I didn't realize you are a Huckabee supporter.

Get a grip.

Context....
"It reminds me of what Sinclair Lewis once said. He says, 'when fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.' Now I don't know whether that's a fair assessment or not, but you wonder about using a cross, like he is the only Christian or implying that subtly. So, I don't think I would ever use anything like that."

Mike Huckabee's campaign today denied that the bookshelf/cross was an intentional reference. Iowa Director Eric Woolson responded:

It's the window frame in the background... Once you've got it in your head that it's a cross, it's a cross.

He sees "eye to eye with them on earmarks" (as shown in this article by Joseph Farah at WND, he want's his share of the pie).

Ah, so you do not want your tax dollars to work for you? You're happy just sending it to Washington and never expect any back?

Getting earmarks for constituents is what politicians are supposed to do! :doh:

Well, let him speak for himself. You call yourself a conservative? You don't even understand the process. Where does the money go when earmarks are cut? Hello?!

Ron Paul on earmarks

In addition, the fool (and I mean FOOL) thinks that if we just leave radical Jihadists alone, they'll be content with forcing Islam on the rest of the world, not the US.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=59380

So, you're a neocon. I'm shocked. Let's talk when we're bankrupt, okay? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and should immediately stop quoting the founders.

The last time I checked it was a "secret ballot" (I'll give you a clue, I DIDN'T vote for the pro-baby killing, pro-sodomite Muslim Marxist).

Coward. I voted for Chuck Baldwin. I am not ashamed to admit it like you are.

I'm very much impressed with the Constitution Party platform. Whether or not one person (or 1,000) from that party embraced Ron
Didn't your momma ever tell you "You are who you associate with"?

Classic. Thanks for the laugh.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
Ah, you just keep offering up gems.

Regarding Ron Paul's video (indoctrination) promoting the Liberatarian Party:

Libertarian moral principle #1: "thou shalt not initiate force against anyone". Do your own "thing" as long as it doesn't infringe on the rights of others ("your rights end where my nose and your fist meet"). I've heard the Libertarian hogwash enough times that I can probably quote it better than Ron Paul.

In a public statement of faith released in July 2007, Dr. Paul says, “I have never been one who is comfortable talking about my faith in the political arena. In fact, the pandering that typically occurs in the election season I find to be distasteful. But for those who have asked, I freely confess that Jesus Christ is my personal Savior, and that I seek His guidance in all that I do. I know, as you do, that our freedoms come not from man, but from God. My record of public service reflects my reverence for the Natural Rights with which we have been endowed by a loving Creator.”

What kind of "Christian" belongs to a political party whose platform (specifically it's social agenda, and in many cases it's economic agenda) spits in the face of God and His laws?

Does Ron Paul not know that God ordained the civil magistrate as one of three institutions for the governance of men?

1. God the supream Lord, and King of all the World, hath ordained Civil (a) Magistrates to be under him, over the people for his own glory, and the publick good; and to this end hath armed them with the power of the Sword, for defence and encouragement of them that do good, and for the punishment of evil doers.
a Rom. 13 1,2,3,4.

2. It is lawful for Christians to Accept, and Execute the Office of a Magistrate when called thereunto; in the management whereof, as they ought especially to maintain (b) Justice, and Peace, according to the wholsome Laws of each Kingdome, and Commonwealth: so for that end they may lawfully now under the New Testament (c) wage war upon just and necessary occasions.
b 2 Sam. 23.3. Ps. 82.3,4.
c Luk. 3.14.

3. Civil Magistrates being set up by God, for the ends aforesaid; subjection in all lawful things commanded by them, ought to be yeilded by us, in the Lord; not only for wrath (d) but for Conscience sake; and we ought to make supplications and prayers for Kings, and all that are in Authority, (e) that under them we may live a quiet and peaceable life, in all godliness and honesty.
d Rom. 13.5,6,7. 1 Pet. 2.17.
e 1 Tim. 2.1,2.

Does he not realize that the term "victimless crime" is an oxymoron and if there wasn't victims, they wouldn't be called crimes?

Here's an example (written by a fellow TOL'er) of what Paul would call a "victimless crime":

"My oldest daughter became a drug addict at about the age of 16. She dropped out of school and left home at 17. She engaged in those activities necessary to support her habit. She moved in with her boyfriend. One weekend they were babysitting her boyfriends two year old nephew. They Put him to bed and proceeded to snort cocaine etc. They both became almost comatose and therefore did not hear the screams of his nephew. He had gotten up to look out the window and was perched on top of a radiator. His little legs slipped down and became wedged into the radiator. He was stuck there for several hours screaming in agony until he could scream no more. His legs sustained third degree burns. They blamed the child for getting out of bed. Eventually they were married. He joined the military and they brought a child into the world. I tried to keep track of the child by babysitting as much as possible. Often people would call me and ask if I was her grandmother and would I come and get her since they had cared for her for days and couldn't find her mother.
My grandchild was sexually abused and suffered an inability to concentrate and/or get along with others. My daughter was an extremely dangerous person and threatened to kill me and other family members if we showed the slightest negativity to her.
She went through treatment six times. She told me later it was a "One month vacation where I met more dealers!"
She received Social Security benefits for about a year. This was supposed to enable her to care for her young son. All of the money was used for drugs.
She has required many costly hospitalizations due to inflections from shooting up. She almost lost her arm because of it.
Her heart has been severly damaged because of systemic infections from drug use. She has had two heart valve replacements and continues to use.
She has cost society well over a million dollars in all of her care."

Granted, any Libertarian worth his weight in moral relativism will tell you "There will be some victims along the way to true liberty" (true liberty meaning being able to do with one's body as one pleases, without any "interference" from the laws of God, which in a civil society is legislated by man).

Regarding Paul's (and apparently your own) lack of knowledge when it comes to the THREAT of Islam: educate yourself.
http://visiontoamerica.org/story/3-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-islam.html

http://www.islam-watch.org/

Last edited:

Granite

Hall of Fame
I've never understood the willingness (eagerness!) of so many Christians to slander and disparage Ron Paul. Talk about cannibalism.

aSeattleConserv

BANNED
Banned
I've never understood the willingness (eagerness!) of so many Christians to slander and disparage Ron Paul. Talk about cannibalism.

Exposing the truth isn't always pretty Granite.

While Ron Paul might pretend to be a Christian, he's too busy straddling the middle of the road to know what he wants. As I've shown, other Christians have expressed their concerns about his Libertarian ties and mentality; it appears that Libertarians themselves are concerned about his ties to christianity (note the small "c").
http://sandefur.typepad.com/freespace/2007/11/more-libertar-2.html

Pick a side Ron Paul; those that straddle the white line end up getting run over.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Exposing the truth isn't always pretty Granite.

While Ron Paul might pretend to be a Christian, he's too busy straddling the middle of the road to know what he wants. As I've shown, other Christians have expressed their concerns about his Libertarian ties and mentality; it appears that Libertarians themselves are concerned about his ties to christianity (note the small "c").
http://sandefur.typepad.com/freespace/2007/11/more-libertar-2.html

Pick a side Ron Paul; those that straddle the white line end up getting run over.

...this concern comes from a misunderstanding of libertarianism.

Status
Not open for further replies.