toldailytopic: What are the biggest threats to your families lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie

The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 11th, 2010 10:53 AM

toldailytopic: What are the biggest threats to your families lifestyle?

Not much I can think of. Growing up, I learned through my parents that any time is THE time to enhance our bonds to one another. Therefore, come what may, though I (as a single mom) may have fears, I have enough hope (and stubbornness :) ) to know that we will see it through as we always have. of course, "lifestyle" to me might mean something different than what it might mean to others. I got my idea of "family lifestyle" from my parents .. that is, we do what needs to be done and must be done in any given moment (based on the circumstances *of* that moment) with the thought of what is best for those in our care ... and we do it no matter what. In this case, there is nothing I can think of beside death that would threaten our lifestyle.

Katie

Liberalism.

I love the idea of liberalism as it, by definition, should be! so, when I think of a liberal, I do not take the negative view (though, there is the wide misconception of liberalism). Being a christian, what do you make of the following passages in regard to liberalism as opposed to your, seemingly now, negative view of it:

Isaiah 32:5-7 KJV
Proverbs 11:24-26 KJV
Deuteronomy 15:13-15 KJV

If I have misunderstood your reason for stating it, then by all means correct me please.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
:plain:

There is a difference in arrogance and truth. You don't have to use derogatory terms or be disrespectful, to tell people what you THINK the truth is.
How do you suggest I communicate to GC when he says something mind-numbingly stupid?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Soooo... the Bible is a threat to your family? :idunno:

If you decided to help a Chinese Pastor or go feed some starving kids how would that hurt your family? Wouldn't they be proud of you?

I thought you asked about lifestyle. I get what he is saying. It is impossible to live the Christain life.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is impossible to live the Christain life.

It is?

It's impossible for Granite to be living the Christian life. That would require him to have led a perfect life without ever sinning against God.

It's possible for Lucky to be living the Christian life because he has confessed Christ as his risen saviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.