toldailytopic: What are the biggest threats to your families lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
For me, nothing, for my family, little worry. The worry is the future itself, will religion, or belief in an afterlife be illegal, at least illegal to teach? What nations will dominate the future? It seems it will be the east and they are both the most homogeneous and fastest growing. I think they may be the zeitgeist of the future, globally. My husband and I will be gone and my kids, old, so, it is the future I would worry about.

Worrying about myself, small potatoes; I am saved in Christ. My husband too is saved and three of my kids are progressing in that direction.

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Word of God

Everything else seems to tell me that there's nothing wrong with having as much junk as I do, and wanting more of it. Then I come across verses in the Bible that make me think, you know, maybe I should give a care about starving kids, the fatherless, the widows. Maybe I should spend money to give a Chinese pastor his first Bible. I'm not preaching to anyone but myself. It's something I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to live just for myself or my family the rest of my life.

I'm impressed by your honesty.:thumb:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
The Word of God

Everything else seems to tell me that there's nothing wrong with having as much junk as I do, and wanting more of it. Then I come across verses in the Bible that make me think, you know, maybe I should give a care about starving kids, the fatherless, the widows. Maybe I should spend money to give a Chinese pastor his first Bible. I'm not preaching to anyone but myself. It's something I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to live just for myself or my family the rest of my life.

:up:

bybee

I meant to say

I meant to say

Rule by so-called expert opinion is a huge danger to American families today.
Young college graduates in social work in brand new government jobs find themselves capable of wielding enormous authority over American families. These are person's who have just begun to be responsible for themselves yet can make decisions to remove children from their parents and put them into custodial foster care just because their own inexperienced infantile standards are not being met.
The expert opinion's of those who would turn us all into mindless, incompetent sheep not capable of making an intelligent decision are running rampant in government and legal circles.
The moronic old bag who spilled hot coffee on her own lap and was led by a lawyer to sue MacDonalds for millions and win! is what I'm talking about!
Entitlement rules! bybee

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
The Word of God

I'm impressed by your honesty.:thumb:

Ditto :thumb:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Soooo... the Bible is a threat to your family? :idunno:

If you decided to help a Chinese Pastor or go feed some starving kids how would that hurt your family? Wouldn't they be proud of you?

:think: I don't think he meant that the Bible is a threat to his family or it's good at all. I think he was referring specifically to material lifestyle.

The more we follow OUR LORD the more of a change in our present "lifestyle" occurs. :plain:

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
If you have not already figured out that these things have only as much meaning and value as you give them, then maybe you are hurt already (whether you know it or not) and are a potential threat to your own family.

How does one choose more possessions, already admitting that you have enough, but then question charity, and struggle?

So the Gospel has passed you by?

....asks the Muslim. :plain:

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
....asks the Muslim. :plain:

Gospel hasn't passed me by. I understand the philosophy within it, and it is "Good News" indeed, but I'll leave the dogma and traditional beliefs to the Christians. I am not a Christian, but I am a follower of Jesus (pbuh). He was a great prophet ;)

CALVARY\CALVIN

"Spiritual Wickedness In High Places."

"Spiritual Wickedness In High Places."

Eph.6:12 For wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against "spiritual wickedness in high places."
I believe that this verse pretty much sums up the core ingriedient behind all the issues that daily plague, not only ourselves,but every other individual that has breath in their nostrils at this moment! Who aren't in denail,and ignorant about the truth of themselves first; that is to realize that i myself am a wretch,and so is everyone else whos alive right now whether they know it are not! Especially those so-called Christains who think that they are righteous, (Isa.65:5)"Which say, Stand by thyself,come not near to me;{for I am holier than thou.} These are a smoke in my nose, a fire that burneth all the day. Such a cunning and baffleling delusion that men love to entertain within their minds! As though Almighty GOD, WHO'S foolstool is the earth,and the heavens,and Heaven of heavens cannot contain; measured His righteousness,and what an who is righteous in His sight. According to their punny little god of virtue,who love to glory in the sight of men,and that before GOD ALMIGHTY; and boast in their second fravorite god,who's the weakest and punniest of them all{"their own free-will"}!!! Men such as this:(Luke16:15)And he said to them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is{"abomination"} in the sight of God. They love to use this phrase above all else:{"we're not puppets on God's strings"}yeah,i know,your puppets on Satan's! You think GOD is impressed with all this pretty religion,with it's grand ambitious zeal to be puffed up like the tower of "Babylon"with all of it's meritorious,vain-glorious, self-righteous deeds! Remember this one thind, Satan is transformed as an angel of light;seeing that one of the other names that he's known by,(Lucifer,means:light-bearer),and masks hisself far greater behind a cloak of pretty virtue,than any given poor dirty bum on the corner of a street! Polititions are very virteous in front of people! (IICor.11:13-15)For such are false apostles,(deceitful workers),(transforming themselves)into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel;(for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if {his ministers also be transformed as the "ministers of righteousness"};whose end shall be{ according to their works}. Other than that,i pray Holy Spirit unto the presence of Christ Jesus,Who is seated as the Most High upon the righthand of His Father's throne!!! Who is the Father also of all of His son's and daughter's,who have been made so by the Almighty power of Christ Jesus our Lord God Immanuel!!!I pray Holy Spirit in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth,that You would fill us with the Love of Christ,which passes all understanding. That we may have ,Your's the Father,and the Son;to Love others as You GOD do!!! For without Your Love living within our hearts,we are nothing but the souls of empty voids who are without form in a world of darkness;who are left to wander about through life in the shadow of our own death. In Jesus prescious and Holy Name i pray this through You too-Hallelu-Jah<~~~~~~Weh,Amen...

CALVARY\CALVIN

If i were trying to know Who God truly is,through revelation of His nature. i would

If i were trying to know Who God truly is,through revelation of His nature. i would

Gospel hasn't passed me by. I understand the philosophy within it, and it is "Good News" indeed, but I'll leave the dogma and traditional beliefs to the Christians. I am not a Christian, but I am a follower of Jesus (pbuh). He was a great prophet ;)
(Rom.1:19,20)Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them. For the invisible things of Him{from the creation of the world"clearly seen"},{being understood by the things that are made,}even His eternal power and Godhead; so that thy are without excuse:
The revelation of Who God is by the"light" of His creation,goes like thus: We all know, unless we are blind, that light comes from the sun, as it "resurrects" each morning,it brings forth the light of day as it "rises" above the horrizine triumphantly as a great consuming fire, victorious over the darkness of the night! But when the earth(the world) turns it's back to the sun as it rotates;wherever a person may be throughout the world. The darkness of the night begins the fall,when the moon and it's star appear, and as the world passess from the light of the day,and into the darkness of the night. We cant see near as clearly as we can when the sun is risen! (Gen.1:1,2,3) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form,and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God "said,"{what God speaks,is also a "word" that has come from His mouth;therefore it is the Word of God or God's Word} Let there be light: and there was light. (John1:1) In the beginning was the "Word",and the Word was with God,and the Word was God. (John1:14) And the "Word" became flesh, and dewlt among us,(and we beheld His glory,the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of "grace"and"truth". As God the Eternal Light spoke light into the earth,( By His Word)through (His Spirit);as He hovered over the dark surface of the earth,which was a formless mass without any order,and void abiding in the darkness of space,submergded under water! As the Eternal Light came forth from out of God through His Spirit,by His Word! Physical light appeared by the Spirit as He gave it Form, as God The Father spoke His "Word" through His "Spirit"! (Rev.19:10,13) And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellow servant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of "Jesus": worship "God": for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of "prophecy." And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God.
(Psalms119:105)Thy word is a lamp unto my feet,and a light unto my path. (Gen.1:3)And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. (John12:46) "I am" come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. (John8:12) Then spake Jesus again unto them saying,"I am"(the) light of the world: he that followeth me shall have not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John1:9)That was the"true" Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. (John1:5) And the light shineth in darkness;and the darkness comphrended it not. (2Cor.4:4)In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believeth not, lest the "light" of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God,should shine unto them. (2Cor.3:14)But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in christ. (Luke23:46)And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost. (Luke23:45)And the sun was darkened, and the "veil of the temple" was rent(torn)in the midst. (1Cor.6:19,20) What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost(Spirit) which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's. (Luke21:5,6)And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts{looks real familiar: outward Christianity is Judaism all over again,as history always repeats itself in one form,or another!} he said, As for these things which ye behold, the days come, in which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. {Which was fulfilled in 70 AD when Rome burnt Jerusalem down to the ground.} (Acts17:23-26,28)For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an alter with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, Him declare I unto you. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that He is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; neither is worshipped with men's hands as though He needed anything, seeing He giveth to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation; For in Him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also His offspring. (John3:19-21)And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world,and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil. For everyone that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved
I pray God draw you by His Spirit, unto repentance toward God for your sin,and the living faith which is supernaturally generated by Holy Spirit into saving faith by Omnipotent blood of Christ Jesus, within the hearts of all those who truly believe in Him, and confess Him as their LORD GOD,and SAVIOUR: WHICH IS AN EVERLASTING SALVATION THAT YOU CAN NOT, NOR "WILL" NOT EVER LOSE!!! FOR THERE IS ONLY ONE NAME GIVEN UNTO MEN UNDER HEAVEN BY WHICH WE MUST BE SAVED;AND SALVATION IS OF THE LORD FROM THE BEGINNING UNTO THE END, IN JESUE NAME i pray this ,amen,and God bless..

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

:e4e: Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.