toldailytopic: What are the biggest threats to your families lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todah

Speaking philosophically, powerful governmental agencies are the biggest threats to your families lifestyles. Building and zoning departments, Taxing agencies, child protective services, immunization, health care services, etc. Any government agency that attempts to regulate the legal {or formerly legal} behavior of a family, is a threat to whichever legal lifestyle a particular family chooses.

We no longer have primary rights to our homes, our property, our incomes, our children, nor our healthcare. Hope and pray that you never get involved,crossways, with an agent from any of these government bureaus.

Of course to people for whom Big government has replaced God as their protector and provider, their families lifestyle, adapts quite readily, to their god's increasing control.

For me the biggest threat to my family's lifestyle is Yeshua.

For He said Matt 10:34 "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace but a sword. For I came to set a man against His father, and a daughter against her Mother, and a daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's enemies will be the enemies of his household.
He who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; And he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me."

My wife and one son, left me and my other son......... for the Catholic faith. My daughter left the faith completely.

Yes, that pretty much completely changed our lifestyle.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Do you have a pit bull?

Yep, sure do. She's well trained and very sweet and the worst she'd do is lick someone to death...buuuuuuuut...you know how it goes, all it takes is one idiotic owner and a dog who honestly doesn't know what to do with itself, and some do-gooder at the state legislature suddenly goes on a crusade.

(Whew.)

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
He's ever so tempted. :flamer:

Don't disrespect me stripe.

I have to be a tempted flamer just because I don't see how gays being married affects my marriage or family?

How would gay marriage affect my family or your family?

List the threat it would bring to your family and your lifestyle.

I'll be waiting................

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Don't disrespect me stripe.

I have to be a tempted flamer just because I don't see how gays being married affects my marriage or family?

How would gay marriage affect my family or your family?

List the threat it would bring to your family and your lifestyle.

I'll be waiting................
:squint:

Dude. Talking to GC.

Buzzword

At the moment, the biggest threat to my family's lifestyle is the HUGE inequality in wages and treatment which waiters and waitresses suffer.

My wife hunted for a job for FIVE MONTHS, and ended up as a waitress.

She gets paid $2.13/hour (what happened to those lovely minimum wage laws?), has no paid time off/sick leave/health benefits no matter how many hours she works, and her TIPS, which are supposedly the reason she doesn't get minimum wage, are totally at the whim of her customers, not in any way based on her actual job performance.

Tips should be considered a tax-free DONATION, since it's totally the customer's choice on how much to give, or to give at all.
ALL employees NATIONWIDE should get paid at least $7.25/hour...otherwise don't call it MINIMUM wage.

[/personal rant]

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Only if I think you deserve it. :)

And just who deserves to be called derogatory terms? You sound really arrogant saying that.

If a comment or conversation doesn't work towards getting people to understand your views, or MOST importantly, bringing them to God, then for who's benefit is it besides your own? I know not one derogatory term, or conversation that has brought anyone cloaser to God. The act is self-pleasing.

Even I am guilty of getting annoyed and using derogatory terms at times, but never can I say people deserve to be called it, just as I would say I don't deserve to be called derogatory terms.

Thunder's Muse

I can't think of anything that could threaten our lifestyle (except maybe death). We don't have a lot of money to begin with and we have learned to be happy with the simple things. It's quite liberating.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And just who deserves to be called derogatory terms?

Gene Costa. :up:

He really is a great big idiot.

You sound really arrogant saying that.
:idunno:

If a comment or conversation doesn't work towards getting people to understand your views, or MOST importantly, bringing them to God, then for who's benefit is it besides your own?
Well, if you put it like that .. :think:

I know not one derogatory term, or conversation that has brought anyone cloaser to God.
Then you need to get out more.

The act is self-pleasing.
:think: I guess it can be at times.

Even I am guilty of getting annoyed and using derogatory terms at times, but never can I say people deserve to be called it, just as I would say I don't deserve to be called derogatory terms.

So you like to be consistently wrong?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Gene Costa. :up:

He really is a great big idiot.

:idunno:

Well, if you put it like that .. :think:

Then you need to get out more.

:think: I guess it can be at times.

So you like to be consistently wrong?

Your attitude is self-defeating if you are suppose to be a witness for Christ.

Lon

I don't know how to figure out the BIGGEST, but here is a worthy list:

-Since 1963, a push to eliminate any responsibility or acknowledgement of God (the minority wins this one)

-Poverty, certainly. Over half the population of the US lives below the poverty level. A house costing our parents 1/4 of their paycheck now costs half or more of that same check. Electricity has quadruppled in price. Food has tripled. Paychecks have remained roughly the same as our parents. --> inflation where those on top keep and don't often trickle-down the interest to their employees.

-No stay-at-home moms anymore (majority loss for kids which leads to relativism)

-Divorce and lack of committment (Knight: Liberalism, relativism)

-A change from a Republic minded people to a capitalist minded people in emphasis.

-A majority deference to all minorities where all our values must succomb to the 'good' of the few (another minority win).

-overpopulation of the planet, more people vying for the same and dwindling limited resources, higher insurance rates

-Television/Movies/computer/video - has led to sedentary lifestyles at greater health risks/costs and lack of good social skill development

-Time constraints - with moms working, there are fewer volunteer hours given to worthy causes and it leads to a seeming apathy

-Lack of Spirituality - even some of those on this board who advocate it cannot deny that a removal of accountability leads to a relativity of value upon life and social concerns. No God = No reason to care. We took away their reason to care and gave nothing to take its place (very stupid/very dangerous) then wonder why we have kids shooting kids in school

nicholsmom

Anything that would eliminate my right to educate my own kids.

Anything that would require that I also get a paycheck: increased cost of living - so more taxation, more regulation that will increase the price of goods I must purchase, increased fuel costs, increased energy costs. So government run amok is the biggest threat to my family's lifestyle.

Anything that caused the failure of government maintaining peace: excessive corruption in the police force or the criminal justice system in general, the downfall of our government, the breaking of the backbone of our economy, that sort of thing.

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
And what would you know of Christ and His witness?

You ask this because I'm a Muslim right? I know plenty about Christ, and follow his example. If all you have is the dogma, then you've totally missed what he came to tell us.

My friend, God, nor his messengers are restricted to your arrogance or understanding.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You ask this because I'm a Muslim right? I know plenty about Christ, and follow his example. If all you have is the dogma, then you've totally missed what he came to tell us.

Did I miss John 14?
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Or perhaps Romans 9?
Israel's Unbelief
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;
31 but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it.
32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone."
33 As it is written:
"See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

What is it that Jesus taught that I have missed?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
Did I miss John 14?
The Way, the Truth, and the Life
1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me.
2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

Or perhaps Romans 9?
Israel's Unbelief
30 What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith;
31 but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it.
32 Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone."
33 As it is written:
"See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
and a rock that makes them fall,
and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

What is it that Jesus taught that I have missed?
Dropping your arrogance and respecting others to start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.