toldailytopic: What are the biggest threats to your families lifestyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The TheologyOnline.com TOPIC OF THE DAY for June 11th, 2010 10:53 AM

Take the topic above and run with it! Slice it, dice it, give us your general thoughts about it. Everyday there will be a new TOL Topic of the Day.
If you want to make suggestions for the Topic of the Day send a Tweet to @toldailytopic or @theologyonline or send it to us via Facebook.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
inflation

soon we will have to pay for all this folly

I just hope there is a way to keep the cost of food as low as possible

Granite

Hall of Fame
Hmmmm...well in no particular order:

High taxes
Inflation
Outright tyranny
An economic collapse
Natural disaster
A local breed ban on pit bulls

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

That's easy: angry giants.

Other than that it's either good men doing nothing or good for nothing men doing something...I forget which. :think:

assuranceagent

Right now?

...Crazy Bands. :plain:

At this rate my family won't be able to maintain their lifestyle for more than another week or so.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
The Word of God

Everything else seems to tell me that there's nothing wrong with having as much junk as I do, and wanting more of it. Then I come across verses in the Bible that make me think, you know, maybe I should give a care about starving kids, the fatherless, the widows. Maybe I should spend money to give a Chinese pastor his first Bible. I'm not preaching to anyone but myself. It's something I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to live just for myself or my family the rest of my life.

fool

Hall of Fame
The Word of God

Everything else seems to tell me that there's nothing wrong with having as much junk as I do, and wanting more of it. Then I come across verses in the Bible that make me think, you know, maybe I should give a care about starving kids, the fatherless, the widows. Maybe I should spend money to give a Chinese pastor his first Bible. I'm not preaching to anyone but myself. It's something I'm trying to figure out. I don't want to live just for myself or my family the rest of my life.

You could give someone a kidney?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Word of God

Soooo... the Bible is a threat to your family? :idunno:

If you decided to help a Chinese Pastor or go feed some starving kids how would that hurt your family? Wouldn't they be proud of you?

Non-Excluvistic

BANNED
Banned
The Word of God

If you have not already figured out that these things have only as much meaning and value as you give them, then maybe you are hurt already (whether you know it or not) and are a potential threat to your own family.

How does one choose more possessions, already admitting that you have enough, but then question charity, and struggle?

So the Gospel has passed you by?

Prisca

Pain Killer
Super Moderator
The next biggest threat to my family is probably this whole Cap and Trade scam.

Status
Not open for further replies.