toldailytopic: The rapture. Do you believe it will happen? If so, when and how will i

sky.

BANNED
Banned
I don't know what tet is trying to prove but it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the rapture. Maybe a new thread should be started.

Bottom line is that he wants to make himself one of the house of Israel, with all of their promises fulfilled non-literally in him.

LOL!

Is it also about the "lost tribes" or Two House/Ephraimite doctrine?

SaulToPaul 2

Is it also about the "lost tribes" or Two House/Ephraimite doctrine?

Yes, according to Tet, the ten tribes lost their identity hundreds of years before the cross. They essentially became Gentiles.

So,

House of Judah - two tribes
House of Israel - everybody else in the world

He has to do this so that he can claim the New Covenant for himself, and fight dispensationalism which he has hated since john w made him angry. Since then, his hatred has clouded his ability to reason.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Yes, according to Tet, the ten tribes lost their identity hundreds of years before the cross. They essentially became Gentiles.

So,

House of Judah - two tribes
House of Israel - everybody else in the world

He has to do this so that he can claim the New Covenant for himself, and fight dispensationalism which he has hated since john w made him angry. Since then, his hatred has clouded his ability to reason.

Thank you, I kind of thought that was where he was headed but Tet doesn't want to lead. He seems to want to hide what he is getting at so he can throw opinions out without proof.

Two House/Ephraimite doctrine
We have been asked our position regarding the new/old Two House/Ephraimite doctrine and the related speculation about the 10 Northern Tribes of Israel supposedly getting 'lost' and then showing up in the USA.
At both recent AMC Conferences our President Steve Shermett presented seminars on these new twists on old false doctrines. Here is our Editor's quick summary of what was presented:

1. The Ten Northern Tribes were taken captive by Assyria. After a hundred years Babylon defeated Judah with it's 2 Tribes and defeated Assyria and took all their captives, including the Hebrews of the Ten Tribes. So there was a reunion of sorts, albeit in captivity, of all the 12 Tribes. After more years, Persia defeated Babylon and guess what they did? They let everyone go home, including the members of all 12 Tribes, together. The New Testament records members of several of the Northern Tribes back in Israel in the First Century. So, they weren't "lost", they were reunited with the rest of the Hebrew people, and the myth of "10 Lost Tribes" is the product of poor Bible exegesis or an intentional effort to invent a scenario that names some group or church as descendants of a tribe.

2. Scripture uses the terms Jewish and Israel interchangeably, trying to invent some difference between the terms is really "reading back" into the Scriptures a recent false teaching. A good example of the interchangeability is Romans 11:1, where Rabbi Shaul (known generally as Paul) calls himself an "Israelite" of "the Tribe of Benjamin". Of course, Benjamin was part of Judah.

3. Gentile Believers in Messiah Yeshua are beloved of God and do not need to invent, imagine or make up a false Jewish/Hebrew/Israel lineage to be top-ranked "players" in the family of God. God loves Gentiles who love the Messiah. Selah.

link

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So, they weren't "lost", they were reunited with the rest of the Hebrew people,

Ezekiel says that the "son of man" will join the stick of Joseph with the stick of Judah.

Since Jesus is the "son of man", and you claim that the tribes were reunited, could you tell us when it was that Jesus joined the stick of Joseph and the stick of Judah?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Ezekiel says that the "son of man" will join the stick of Joseph with the stick of Judah.

Since Jesus is the "son of man", and you claim that the tribes were reunited, could you tell us when it was that Jesus joined the stick of Joseph and the stick of Judah?

I already showed you. If you have some more information that you would like to share about the "stick of Joseph and the stick of Judah"
please do.

genuineoriginal

Your explanation does not match the scriptures.

Ezekiel 37:19-22
19Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.
20And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes.
21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.​

God said He would take the ten tribes of Israel and put them with the two tribes of Judah while they are among the heathen and that they would be a single nation when they are returned to their own land.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Church, composed of both believing Jews and Gentiles, on an equal basis, with regard to their standing before GOD through the salvation that only comes through the cross, are promised heaven. No where are they promised a geographical land on this earth.....but National Israel is. The Church is not Israel and I'm not a Jew, nor an Israelite. Neither were the preflood Enoch, or Noah of Israel, for example, but they are of the overall people (the household) of GOD, and people of faith.

Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Mat 5:3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No distinctions of flesh there.

LA

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God said He would take the ten tribes of Israel and put them with the two tribes of Judah while they are among the heathen and that they would be a single nation when they are returned to their own land.

So are you claiming that this never happened yet?

genuineoriginal

So are you claiming that this never happened yet?
No, it happened as you were already told:
1. The Ten Northern Tribes were taken captive by Assyria. After a hundred years Babylon defeated Judah with it's 2 Tribes and defeated Assyria and took all their captives, including the Hebrews of the Ten Tribes. So there was a reunion of sorts, albeit in captivity, of all the 12 Tribes. After more years, Persia defeated Babylon and guess what they did? They let everyone go home, including the members of all 12 Tribes, together. The New Testament records members of several of the Northern Tribes back in Israel in the First Century.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
Hos 1:11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

Mat 5:4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Mat 5:6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Mat 5:7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Mat 5:8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Mat 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

No distinctions of flesh there.

LA

Context, context, context.
In Psalm 37, David is echoing what all the prophets do....'the blessings and the curses' of the covenant reiterated in the whole book of Deuteronomy. And who does it concern? The people, Israel who were brought out of bondage in Egypt to enter 'the land/eretz' promised as an inheritance to Abraham and his descendents forever.

Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land[eretz], and verily thou shalt be fed.
Psa 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth[eretz/land].
Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth[eretz/land]; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psa 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psa 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth[eretz/land]; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land[eretz/earth], and dwell therein for ever.
Psa 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land[eretz/earth]: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

So...who was Jesus addressing in Mat 5-7?

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,
Mat 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

All Jews/Israelites. No Gentiles.
These were all Jews, to whom the literal earthly Messianic Davidic Kingdom was being offered.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth[ge/land].

Jesus was offering Israel the same blessings in the land that they had always been promised(and more) because now heaven would come to earth under the reign of Israel's Messiah.
They didn't accept it.

Yes....there are flesh distinctions regarding the land promise to Abraham.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hos 1:10 Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
Hos 1:11 Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

This wasn't fulfilled until the first century

(1 Peter 2:10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Only the house of Israel was not shown mercy. The Jews from the house of Judah were given mercy.

So who was Peter addressing?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Context, context, context.
In Psalm 37, David is echoing what all the prophets do....'the blessings and the curses' of the covenant reiterated in the whole book of Deuteronomy. And who does it concern? The people, Israel who were brought out of bondage in Egypt to enter 'the land/eretz' promised as an inheritance to Abraham and his descendents forever.

Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land[eretz], and verily thou shalt be fed.
Psa 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth[eretz/land].
Psa 37:11 But the meek shall inherit the earth[eretz/land]; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.
Psa 37:18 The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.
Psa 37:22 For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth[eretz/land]; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off.
Psa 37:29 The righteous shall inherit the land[eretz/earth], and dwell therein for ever.
Psa 37:34 Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land[eretz/earth]: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see it.

So...who was Jesus addressing in Mat 5-7?

Mat 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom,
Mat 4:25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

All Jews/Israelites. No Gentiles.
These were all Jews, to whom the literal earthly Messianic Davidic Kingdom was being offered.

Mat 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth[ge/land].

Jesus was offering Israel the same blessings in the land that they had always been promised(and more) because now heaven would come to earth under the reign of Israel's Messiah.
They didn't accept it.

Yes....there are flesh distinctions regarding the land promise to Abraham.

So what do you inherit?

and what does Abraham inherit?

Multitudes followed Christ--

.Mat 9:36 But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.

Mat 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

Mat 15:30 And great multitudes came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb, maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed them:
Mat 15:31 Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see: and they glorified the God of Israel.

Act 5:14 And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)
Act 5:15 Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
Act 5:16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.
Rom 11:2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
This wasn't fulfilled until the first century

(1 Peter 2:10) Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Only the house of Israel was not shown mercy. The Jews from the house of Judah were given mercy.

So who was Peter addressing?

I didn't say anything.

We should ask when Israel is this number--

Heb 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
Heb 11:14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
Heb 11:15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
Heb 11:16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Gal 3:26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Isa 49:8 Thus saith the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
Isa 49:9 That thou mayest say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Shew yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places.
Isa 49:10 They shall not hunger nor thirst; neither shall the heat nor sun smite them: for he that hath mercy on them shall lead them, even by the springs of water shall he guide them.

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
Rev 7:15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.
Rev 7:16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
Rev 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.

LA.