toldailytopic: The rapture. Do you believe it will happen? If so, when and how will i

andyc

If you believe that the use of the word 'erchomai' always refers to the same event, then this verse also refers to the Second Coming:

Joh_11:20 Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.

Actually, whether 'erchomai' or 'parousia', Christ's Second Coming is not one event, but a series of events.

Nope its one event.

It shall be light lightening flashing from the east to the west. It will be the most spectacular event ever witnessed when the glory of Christ lights up the whole universe. Every eye will see him.

sky.

BANNED
Banned
Regarding 1 Thessalonians 4:16 and "the trump of God" it does not correspond with the seventh trump in the book of Revelation When Paul was speaking to the Corinthians here they did not have any knowledge of the seventh trump in the book of Revelation John had not written the book of Revelation yet. The Corinthians automatically associated this trump of God to "the last trump" and the Old Testament trump in The Feast of Trumpets. That feast concluded with one long trumpet blast called the tekiah gedolah, which means "the great trumpet blast" (I am not trying to make a prediction of timing but showing that the 1 Thes. verse is seporate from the Revelation verse) after the "trump of God" in 1 Thessalonians that is when the dead saints are raised... as "incorruptible and the living saints will be changed. This is found in
1 Corinthians 15:35-49 it is the only way we can go to heaven the resurrection at the rapture is that the "corruptible" must put on the "incorruptible"

Also I do not believe that the OT saints will be taken in the rapture. It will only be the NT believers from the beginning of the church until the rapture comes.

After the rapture in heaven will be "the judgement seat of Christ"
Luke 21:34-36 says that the results of the rapture are to "stand before the Son of man. Paul says that a judgement will take place Romans 14:10-12 this is also seen in 2 Corinthians 5:10 also in 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 this is not a judgement for our sins that was settled at the cross as believers know Romans 8:1

This is where we will get our rewards for service done in this church age. The wood hay and stubble will be burnt off leaving our best works.

The rewards are not for "quantity of work" but quality as is in the 1 Corinthians 3:10-15 verse above and also are the things we did that were "built on the foundation that has already been laid" which is Jesus Christ.

This is what prepares the church that has just been raptured into heaven for "The Marriage of the Lamb. You should try to understand the Marriage of the Lamb from the background of the Jewish marriage system.

The Marriage of the Lamb is seen in Revelation 19:6-8 the burning off of the hay wood and stubble is what prepared the bride. Why the church has to already be in Heaven before the second coming is proven by the fact that the "standing before the Son of man" requires time. The rapture and the second coming have time in between them.

Revelation 19:11-21 describes the second coming and the Marriage Feast and the beginning of the Messianic Kingdom.

Last edited:

andyc

Couldn't find a fiddle. :)

:guitar:

:chuckle:

Here ya go stekosaurus!

violin-1267.gif

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That says nothing about coming and ruling from Jerusalem. He will not come to the earth, we go to him. And your translation is very wrong, but I won't hold that against you.

How about the KJV?

(2 Thess 2:4 KJV) 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I will ask again:

Does a third temple have to be built before your "rapture" can happen?

sky.

BANNED
Banned
How about the KJV?

(2 Thess 2:4 KJV) 4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I will ask again:

Does a third temple have to be built before your "rapture" can happen?

You didn't ask me but yep it does.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Matt 24 and Luke 21 do not concern the gathering/rapture of the Church.
They do refer to His second coming to earth.

Heb 9:28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Though I understand many of these same verses to refer to the Second Coming, you blend and homogenize the Church and Israel. I cannot do that. In order to do it, one must retroactively force the Church into the OT verses. These verses concern Jacob/Israel....not the church.
Also, the seventieth week of Daniel(Rev 6-18) concerns National Israel....not the Church. The Church is seen in Rev 19 returning to earth with Christ.

So you are not one of Daniels brothers.

The hope of Israel is the hope of the Church, for the Israel of the millennium are the children of the saints.

One throne. one king, one covenant, one promise, one people.

So you declare that you are not a member of the nation of Israel, the people of God?

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Weaving the teachings of men into the scriptures is your own fault.

LA

sky.

BANNED
Banned
But all the dispensationalists say Christ could come any day?

If He can't come until a third temple is built, then why do they all say this?

I don't know why "dispensationalists" say that. I personally think that the timing of the rapture is revealed in history, current events and the corresponding to both of those to the book of Revelation. Many of the people who deny the rapture and think that we are in the full tribulation period now IMO completely disregard what is going on in the world today and how current events world history and the book of Revelation work together.

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
But all the dispensationalists say Christ could come any day?

If He can't come until a third temple is built, then why do they all say this?

They say it because they can not face the truth that the temple which is defiled in the endtimes are the Christian churches themselves, so they want it to be a rebuilt stone temple.

That is why

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Scripture please?

2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
2Th 2:5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
2Th 2:6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
2Th 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
2Th 2:8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
Rev 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
Rev 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Rev 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
LA

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER
So you are not one of Daniels brothers.

Not in the flesh. He was/is a Jew. I'm a Gentile.

The hope of Israel is the hope of the Church, for the Israel of the millennium are the children of the saints.

Israel and the Church....different promises, different destinies.

One throne. one king, one covenant, one promise, one people.

One 'household of GOD' with diversity.

So you declare that you are not a member of the nation of Israel, the people of God?

I am a Gentile, brought near to the commonwealth of Israel, by the blood of Christ.

1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

Yep!

Weaving the teachings of men into the scriptures is your own fault.
LA

And you don't?